• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB fix upload available

Here you go CB guys!

https://powersports.honda.com/goldwingupdate.aspx

The GW old GWers wish Honda would make.

That's good info. I'll llet my customers know how to get er done.
    Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
    "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".
    Current bikes.
    1981 CB900C 10 speed (Restored)
    1986 GL1200 SEi
    2004 GL1800

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I don't see any dated information on the firmware. I realize that they can't change the name from swdl.iso or it wont work, but, how, other than installing it, do you know that its a new update, the Honda webpage just indicates "2018 Gold Wing Navigation/Software Updated"? I signed up for update notifications but received no notice, just wondering how you found out that this is a new update and a fix for the CB.
        kiptap - Paul
        Bolingbrook, IL (Greater Chicago Area)
        1979 Kawasaki Z 200
        1981 Kawasaki GPZ 550
        1996 Honda GL 1500SE
        2018 Honda GL 1800DJ

It is the new one. I'm going to attempt to update this morning. I wasn't able to last time, but it turned out to be a good thing as the first one had issues. So far only good reports on this one.

Everything seemed to go smooth this time around. I haven't had a chance to test the CB yet.

• Rocky
              Rocky commented
              Editing a comment
              Uh Oh-- now he'll hear what we say about him??-rats.

Everyone go to channel 4 when in DV.

He will forget what channel I just said, by the time we get there!!

Haha, I don't worry too much about what others say! It makes me feels special when they talk about me.

I'm interested in hearing from those that had previously installed the J&M cable that addressed the CB over modulation in the original release. When this corrected update is installed, is the J&M cable still recommended? What say you, John, from J&M?
              2018 red GL1800 DCT Tour w/ 2019 CSC Encore
              2003 red GL1800A w/ 2013 CSC Cobra XL

Originally posted by biglefti View Post
                It is the new one. I'm going to attempt to update this morning. I wasn't able to last time, but it turned out to be a good thing as the first one had issues. So far only good reports on this one.
                I'm not disagreeing that it is the latest patch, however I have not tried it, but how does one know? (other than this board, and with Rocky's endorsement, )

Where the heck are the version numbers and or release dates on their download page? I'm used to release notes and such, readme.txt, etc...

I have never dealt with Honda with regards to software, is this their normal M.O.? Or am I missing something like the fact that this is sort of an unpublished release to fix for what the first one broke so it only for the C.B. guy's and not to be broadcasted as, "here is the fix for our last fix" type of thing?

I'm just curious.
                kiptap - Paul
                Bolingbrook, IL (Greater Chicago Area)
                1979 Kawasaki Z 200
                1981 Kawasaki GPZ 550
                1996 Honda GL 1500SE
                2018 Honda GL 1800DJ

• kiptap
                  kiptap commented
                  Editing a comment
                  11/13/18 - Okay, I see Honda added the following line on the webpage.

"Please note: This latest software update addresses the issues some owners experienced on Gold Wings equipped with CB radios."

I think this is a replacement for the first crappy one. Another one should still be coming around the first of the year.

Originally posted by kiptap View Post

I'm not disagreeing that it is the latest patch, however I have not tried it, but how does one know? (other than this board, and with Rocky's endorsement, )

Where the heck are the version numbers and or release dates on their download page? I'm used to release notes and such, readme.txt, etc...

I have never dealt with Honda with regards to software, is this their normal M.O.? Or am I missing something like the fact that this is sort of an unpublished release to fix for what the first one broke so it only for the C.B. guy's and not to be broadcasted as, "here is the fix for our last fix" type of thing?

I'm just curious.

Reading Comprehension isn't one of your qualifications I see.??

Ray Charles could see I never said what YOU Claim I did!!

I'll repost what I said-So maybe?? you'll understand I said was -I'll pass along this info!!
                  That's good info. I'll let my customers know how to get er done.
                  Hardly an Endorsement!!. DA.

I love people who sit on there azzes and expect everyone else to do there research for them.

GOOGLE IT yourself!

Click image for larger version

Name:	roflmao.gif
Views:	50
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	106367
                  Current bikes.
                  1986 GL1200 SEi
                  2004 GL1800

• kiptap
                    kiptap commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Geez, I added the sarcastic emoji to define not literally, what the heck.... guess I should have used the joke emoji.

I think this is a replacement for the first crappy one. Another one should still be coming around the first of the year.
                  Why is the term. "If at first you don't succeed? Try and try again" LOL.

For the record.

No one should Blame Honda.
                  "It's the software manufacture- Harmon who is writing to updates"
                  Current bikes.
                  1986 GL1200 SEi
                  2004 GL1800

Originally posted by Rocky View Post

Why is the term. "If at first you don't succeed? Try and try again" LOL.

For the record.

No one should Blame Honda.
                    "It's the software manufacture- Harmon who is writing to updates"
                    I agree. Honda needs to keep a close on Harmon so that these errors dont happen again. but then again, we dont really know the dynamics at play between the two.

I finally got to test the GPS and it does work just fine after the update and I don't lose the sound when shutting the bike down for a stop mid route. I still need to test the CB portion.

I finally got to test the GPS and it does work just fine after the update and I don't lose the sound when shutting the bike down for a stop mid route. I still need to test the CB portion.
                        Go near a freeway and bark at a trucker for a radio check. just saying
                        ************************************************** *******
                        Current bikes.
                        1986 GL1200 SEi
                        2004 GL1800

I do that once in awhile, anymore they are all using their phones. I'm taking a little ride tomorrow so I'll see if I can get one to respond.

Originally posted by Drgsin View Post

I agree. Honda needs to keep a close on Harmon so that these errors dont happen again. but then again, we dont really know the dynamics at play between the two.
                            No matter what the relationship, I think Honda is ultimately responsible for either fully testing the updated software, or making sure Harmon fully tested it. Honda apparently didn't do either!

Originally posted by Bob H View Post

No matter what the relationship, I think Honda is ultimately responsible for either fully testing the updated software, or making sure Harmon fully tested it. Honda apparently didn't do either!
                              honda def has the ultimate responsibility. i agree.

from J&M

"new software update for the J&M BT04 headset, specifically for those connecting to the new Wing, should be on the J&M website by tomorrow night ,,,,, look for v00.1.5 ,,,,,,"

This is a pleasant surprise! I have been putting in a lot of overtime working on problems caused by the current Southern California fires, Hill Fire and Woolesy Fire. I manage water and wastewater systems. I had to miss my group ride Sunday. I hope to get new update installed for this Sundays ride. Hopefully it fixes the problem.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page