CB fix upload available

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just installed the new update and had a problem. The first update and the new update have the same file name, SWDL. When I downloaded the files my computer added "(1) to the file name. When I tried to install the update the bike would not start the install. I had to delete the old version then change the new file to SWDL and copy to the flash drive. The install went fine except for the part where it is supposed to ask you to repeat the install and you say no. The install finished and the audio came back on. I will keep my fingers crossed that the install worked and the CB is working now. Will find out on group ride Sunday.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Everything seems to work on mine, however I am now unable to select HTCS (Honda traction contro system)

Originally posted by biglefti View Post
        Everything seems to work on mine, however I am now unable to select HTCS (Honda traction contro system)
        Now that just sounds like tit for tat I'm not going to try the 2nd update my as my CB had no issues after the 1st update. But oddly enough I was playing with the Sport Mode and burped the rear tire real good-scared the crap out me as the fromt end came up off the pavement so I check to see if I have losat Traction Control on mine. I've played with sport Mode b4 and never had it spin the rear because Traction Control was activated.

The cb fix works. Got yo try it on a group ride today. Volume is adequate if you max cb volume and headset volume. Those of you that insist on wearing earplugs may have problems hearing cb.

I was excited to see this update, however; starting with the USB Dive download there was a problem. I use a MAC and it does not have the "NTFS" format.
            Anyone know how to around this issue short of going to a dealer?

• Cruiseman
              Cruiseman commented
              Editing a comment
              You can download an app from the App Store that will format NTFS on a Mac. I believe one of the apps has a free 30 day trial.

Ask a friend or neighbor with a PC ?

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
              I was excited to see this update, however; starting with the USB Dive download there was a problem. I use a MAC and it does not have the "NTFS" format.
              do a google search. there are work arounds to this. i believe cruiseman uses a mac. you may want to check on youtube at his update video and see if theres anything there

How do I keep from loosing all saved trips, favorites, and data every time I update, as I did this time?

Are Goldwing owners the last group of people using CB radios?
                  GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
                  Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
                    Here is an app for the mac that will format NTFS and they have a 15 day free trial:

https://www.tuxera.com/products/tuxera-ntfs-for-mac/
                    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
                    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
                      Are Goldwing owners the last group of people using CB radios?
                      theres also those people driving 1984 chrysler lebarons with the 20 ft antennas mounted on their trunks

I ride with Southern Cruisers Riding Club. All of the hardcore riders use CB radios. With rides with 6 to 12 bikes and sometimes more, and a Ride Caption in lead and a Tail Gunner bringing up the rear, a cb radio is ideal for communication between bikes . We have Harley’s, Victories, Goldwings, BMWs, Triumphs and others all with CB radios . It may be old tech but it is still useful. I ride with SCRC at least 2 times a month.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page