This site has gotten ridiculous...I'm out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattc View Post
    I use this site to interact with other like minded folks and learn something about my new 2018 DCT Goldwing Tour. But all this site ever seems to provide is mean spirited drivel where you have to take ten times the time to plow through the crap to find the nuggets of information that are worth knowing. Very disappointed that things just seem to have been hijacked here. I'll stick to the "other" forum from now on. At least things are civil there.
    Heh... mattc - a little reading for you.

https://nicd.arizona.edu/research-re...nants-civility

"Our preliminary results suggest that incivility is a regular part of online discussions...more than 1 in 5 included at least one form of incivility."

Presence of Incivility in Comments

Category % of Comments

Total Incivility 21.7%
    Name calling 14.3%
    Aspersion 2.6%
    Lying 1.7%
    Vulgarity 3.0%
    Pejorative for speech 2.0%
    Hyperbole 1.2%
    Noncooperation 0.3%

Comments?

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

What's a Hyperhole???

Originally posted by ShooterF6B View Post
        What's a Hyperhole???
        Get better glasses...it says HyperBole! ROTFLMAO

Ohhh.......... Sorry. I'm down on that non-cooperation thingy though.

Ohhh.......... Sorry. I'm down on that non-cooperation thingy though.
            Me too!

Doug

What's a Hyperhole???
              You probably meant Hyperbole, and we've explained this to you a million times already.
              Costa Mesa, CA
              2012 RED GL1800

Originally posted by glarson3 View Post

You probably meant Hyperbole, and we've explained this to you a million times already.
                LOL good one Gary!!

mattbcnv
                2018 Pearl Stallion Brown DCT

Being a new guy on here I really can't see anything that would cause me to want to leave, a couple little skirmishes between a couple guys but no big deal. As far as I can ascertain this forum is pretty democratic that promotes free speech for all.

I used to be on the FJR forum and they were a bunch of liberal tyrants. I made the mistake of quoting the constitution and was berated by one of the two founders. Naturally, I left right away, just never logged in again.

Your comment may go over some peoples head,but that is some funny stuff.

Yeah but you should Google Hyperhole. That's some funny shyt.

• Rocky
                        Rocky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes it is.

Feeding people a bunch over exaggerated has another name? Who knew? ROTFLMAO

Originally posted by flat6bagger View Post
                        Feeding people a bunch over exaggerated has another name? Who knew? ROTFLMAO
                        Is exactly what I thought when I saw Honda had a sense of humor at the LB bike show.

************************************************** *******
                        You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

Oh, and from the benevolent dictator:

https://www.theglforum.com/forum/mem...ts-ignore-them

Originally posted by mattc View Post
                            I use this site to interact with other like minded folks and learn something about my new 2018 DCT Goldwing Tour. But all this site ever seems to provide is mean spirited drivel where you have to take ten times the time to plow through the crap to find the nuggets of information that are worth knowing. Very disappointed that things just seem to have been hijacked here. I'll stick to the "other" forum from now on. At least things are civil there.
                            Rocky is a bully and anyone who listens to him or follows his crapola is a clown also. He has been banned by the other Goldwing site due to his threats and rude behavior.He is a legend in his own mind. He has nothing whatsoever to contribute to the Goldwing community. The only reason this place is a joke is that Rocky is a joke. Eliminate the problem & the site would be good

• Rocky
                              Rocky commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Vernon Neal. You are the one who got BANNED from this board.
                              Because you are a Clown, a Bully And totally useless jackass. But mainly because- you tried to hack into a members account!
                              How's your life now?? Asshat!

Originally posted by vneal View Post

Rocky is a bully and anyone who listens to him or follows his crapola is a clown also. He has been banned by the other Goldwing site due to his threats and rude behavior.He is a legend in his own mind. He has nothing whatsoever to contribute to the Goldwing community. The only reason this place is a joke is that Rocky is a joke. Eliminate the problem & the site would be good

1. If you think this place is a Joke?
                            Why are you still here?

2. Why don't you stick to ignore feature? (Diarrhea mouth)
                            You created this thread,and yourself Violate its purpose, https://www.theglforum.com/forum/mot...-forum-setting

3. If you can't stand me so much?.
                            Why did you waste so much time creating 2 more Fake Board names. Just to be an asshat??
                            https://www.theglforum.com/member/2643-skcusykcor/about
                            https://www.theglforum.com/member/2661-dctrider/about
                            ************************************************** *******
                            You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

Originally posted by vneal View Post

Actually, it's kinda fun to yank his chain and wind him up a few times. Also, he's pretty easy to do that to.

• Rocky
                                  Rocky commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  What you are learning is "I enjoy messing with you easy types". Never take anything you read on the net seriously!! (I never do)

Calling us that dont see the things the way VNEAL does clowns is B S.
                                I prefer to be called a Jester!

All you quitters and gripers. Did you guys vote for Hillary?? What a bunch of cupcakes. DON'T CLICK ON IT. YOU are the problem. Nothing wrong with Rocky.
                                  ​​​​​​

• Rocky
                                    Rocky commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    That thought had crossed my mind, but I didn't want to throw in politics in the mix.

Some are or should be on a ledge as it is!!

Originally posted by Mattbcnv View Post
                                  it is healthy to hear other people’s opinions even it their stupid!!!!

mattbcnv
                                  That is exactly why I have never used the ignore feature on any forum.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page