Rivco pegs on 2018 are uncomfortable, well, they were.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivco pegs on 2018 are uncomfortable, well, they were.

My feet were always fighting to stay on the pegs while riding down the highway. I'm not sure why Rivco put the angle off of the valve cover so close to 90 degrees. What is it with engineers today? Zero common sense. I modified mine today and they are now in my opinion perfect!

"Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".
    1981 CB900C 10 speed (Restored)
    1986 GL1200 SEi (Restored)
    2004 GL1800

https://www.theglforum.com/filedata/fetch?filedataid=8620&type=medium

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Patience Grasshopper, patience.

• Rocky
        Rocky commented
        Editing a comment
        Let me guess?
        You forgot where you put your camera again??

• Rocky
        Rocky commented
        Editing a comment
        Great idea that works. (insert thumbs up here)

• biglefti
        biglefti commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Rocky

I thought i was the only one having issues with the position of the pegs...my feet slide to the far left and far right, almost feeling like they will slide off the ends, especially when wearing my work dress shoes...i dont feel that way, as much, when wearing my riding boots...ill be looking at doing the same thing...thanks!!!

On my Goldwing I have no problem with my feet position. Nice and comfortable cruising the slabs.

I'm going to try this idea on the ST. They do feel weird on the new bike for some odd reason??.
        2004 GL1800

The Rivco pegs on the previous wings were beautiful....the 2018 not so much.... I like clean lines and I will give up comfort to keep the lines nice.... the rivco pegs are super duper UGLY....

YOMV

mattbcnv
          "2018 Turd Brown Metallic sissy shifter"

• biglefti
            biglefti commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL Matt, to me it is just another bike and by gingos I want to be comfortable!

Originally posted by Mattbcnv View Post
          The Rivco pegs on the previous wings were beautiful....the 2018 not so much.... I like clean lines and I will give up comfort to keep the lines nice.... the rivco pegs are super duper UGLY....

YOMV

mattbcnv
          Ya But Matt. we who take long rides like to stretch our legs out.

Garage queens can't understand such a concept.
          2004 GL1800

Originally posted by Rocky View Post

Ya But Matt. we who take long rides like to stretch our legs out.

Garage queens can't understand such a concept.
            Whatever dude.... I’ll have you know I went on a 50 mile road trip today.....

so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.....

yea I deleted my last post... that was basically calling you an a$$ hole......

mattbcnv
            "2018 Turd Brown Metallic sissy shifter"

Originally posted by Mattbcnv View Post

Whatever dude.... I’ll have you know I went on a 50 mile road trip today.....

so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.....

yea I deleted my last post... that was basically calling you an a$$ hole......

mattbcnv
              ROTFLMAO. Pipe?? lol I'm a Bong man myself. (Its filtered)
              welcome to my fan club Buddy.

2004 GL1800

Originally posted by biglefti View Post
                My feet were always fighting to stay on the pegs while riding down the highway. I'm not sure why Rivco put the angle off of the valve cover so close to 90 degrees. What is it with engineers today? Zero common sense. I modified mine today and they are now in my opinion perfect!
                I emailed RIVCO last May looking for highway pegs, and then I ordered a set from them through my dealership. They didn't bother to respond to me and have yet to deliver any of the 4 sets the dealership ordered (and it's a major dealer).

So in desperation I went with Mick-O-Pegs.

But if it's any consolation, I don't care for my Mick-O-Pegs either. They're very comfortable when down but box in my boots when they're up. I did a minor shim modification to have them ride at the same height as the OEM pegs and the brake pedal. That lets me move my feet laterally (and quickly if I have to) without getting tangled up in them. Prior to my mod I almost overbalanced the bike on two occasions when my left foot was prevented from coming down fast enough at a stop on an uneven surface. I notified the company that I thought it was a poor design and marginally unsafe. Crickets.

I'll keep using my shimmed pegs until some vendor comes up with a really decent set of highway pegs for the 2018. As soon as they do, the MOPS go straight into the trashcan. I won't even sell them; don't want to have some other operator's fate on my conscience.

Goldstrike doesn't impress me either.

Seems unreasonable that vendors are taking so long to come up with quality aftermarket equipment options. You can get a trike kit for the new Wings but still can't get decent highway pegs? Ridiculous.

USN retired (22 years naval aviation: we haven't left one up there yet!

Full blooded member of the Fookawi tribe

I rode a stock ST1300 once

could not get off it quick enough

vibrated horribly and made the hands numb

what a pos

I got RIvco on my DCT. Repainted them to match Honda silver color. They are funky looking and my feet easily slide off but I am used to them

I have a pair of Rivco's on my 2018 as well & I experience the same issue as most of you (posting) here, SO, for now, I'm going to try Biglefti's "genius fix"...ALSO, I went to the AIMExpo in LV, NV (bout 3 weekends ago) & the Kuryakyn Rep says they will have (their version) of Hwy pegs. for the 2018 GW's around March of next year...I know it's a long wait BUT if their version is as good as most of their special designed pegs, then the wait will be worth it!!

I had mine mounted the hour before taking off on a long trip (600 miles or so) by my good friend, they worked wonderfully for the trip but like others, I got to wondering if they would be better if we could adjust the angle form 90 degrees to something a little less so your feet stay on more easily. I don't really want the good idea but less than good looking solution from biglefti although in desperation may have to try that if Rivco doesn't offer a solution ( a free upgrade to a set that will offer adjustability would be good)

• biglefti
                          biglefti commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Just remember, function before form. I rode a 1000 miles on them last weekend and they are soooooooo much better!
                      Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page