Let me clear the air on the new Bike

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me clear the air on the new Bike

Let me clear the air. Some of you think I hate the new Bike.

That couldn’t be farther from the Truth. I can’t hate something that has never done a thing to me.
    I love all motorcycles, even the ones I don’t own.

What some of you don’t realize is. I Bought one of the first White DCT bike that HOR sold.

Yes that’s right I own a DCT. I been messing with you all along, while I been putting 23,000 miles on this fantastic bike since I was handed my very own FOB.
    I don’t post pictures of it, due to my wanting to play with a few members here-ya I know they got all upset. But what is life without a few laughs right!!

This is why I have never answered the question “What don’t you like about the new bike?”

So here are the things I like about the new bike.

1. Honda was real thoughtful. Only charging $30 for each emblem, so I can call it a Goldwing.(Its not really a Goldwing-but I pretend it is)
    2. I like the Ugly Trunk-That doesn’t match the bags. (flowing uniformity is overrated.)
    3. The no locking front cubby was Brilliant. (I encourage thieves to take what is mine)
    4. Who ever thought of hiding the opener for the gas door to refuel had a sense of humor. (Life’s challenges are what keeps my young)
    5. I’m loving how hard it is to keep the bike clean, Honda was nice enough to not cover up these nooks n crannies, so dirt to hide now. (now I get to bond longer with my bike using the wife”s toothbrush)
    6. I’m loving the useful GPS. I don’t mind if it can’t find my home address. (I now write my name on my arm in case I forget-dementia is a bi**h)
    7. I like how BT drops out for no reason. Repairing is a pleasure for no reason-gives me something to do between songs. (Having no intercom can be a blessing When I’m speeding-she can’t tell me to-slow down)
    8. I like how the bag doors aren’t even with the bags anymore. I’d pinch my fingers sometimes on older goldwings. ( As an added bonus-It makes the paint chaff off easier for the grunge look)
    9. My seat is as comfortable as sitting on Concrete. (Who doesn’t like a nice firm butt)
    10.The narrow bike is way Kewl- I enjoy more buffeting for rider & passenger. (It’s a motorcycle- I Expect wind!)
    11. I’m lovin’ the Poor paint quality that rubs off to easily, if you look at it wrong. (nice Paint quality is over rated anyway)
    12. The crappy sound system. Brings back memories. (Still not as nice as my soup can and fishing line.)
    13. I’m liking how the upgraded amp & speakers that will use up more smaller saddlebag space. But only slightly make the ray-dideo sound like my old soup can sound (I can still fit my Geritol in there-so all is good)
    14. I love the pitted/rough surface on the wheels, (Now I can bond with my bike for longer periods of time, While I keep them clean of fast wearing brake pad dust.)
    15. Who doesn’t like the passenger grab handles that are in remission. (they are like some whiners penis-They are under the passenger, you just got to feel around for it.)
    16 One of my favorites is how the DCT lurches while completing parking lot u turns. (Who doesn’t like dropping a bike)
    17. I really like how the DCT downshifts while in a corner upsetting the entrance/exit apex speed. (That is so much fun when least expected its either a thrill or a spill?)
    18. Gas erupts all over the seat when refueling. (I love when the cashier asks-Sir did you wet yourself or are you that happy to see me?)
    18. Hill assist switches that malfunction when they get wet. (Hill assist is for sissys anyways.)
    18. Parking brake that doesn’t release automatically. (The smell of brake dust is my reminder to release that clever handle)
    19. Love how I need to go through a 20 minute process to start the bike if the fob pukes. (putting a key in a ignition is so old fashioned)
    20. servicing the air filter is at least a 6 pak duration now instead of 10 mins. (Now that is a great idea-Who doesn’t like drinking more beers)
    21. I’m glad they got rid of the CB buttons. Who needs a CB anyway. (You want a CB? You can pay for it-the free ride is over)
    22. I love making a mess on the garage floor changing the oil. (****es off the wife when she slips in what I missed cleaning up-that will tech her)
    23. I’m glad there are no more lights in the trunk look. I’m not worried about safety. (My first Honda only had one brake light bulb-and I was happy)
    24. very sensitive TBW=throttle. (Doing wheels are what keeps the blood flowing and keeps the boss awake)
    25..I’m liking the vibration at idle. (The boys say it tingles-Whoever doesn’t like that feeling, isn’t living large)
    26. The new muffler Drone is a hoot. (it ****es off the voices in my head, when they are listening to the snoop dog playlist on carplay)
    27. The Wife enjoys being thrown in the air by the soft rear shock, pogoing on bumpy roads. (I gave her two bungee cords to help her stay in her seat)
    28. I love the fast wearing front brake pads. (The rears got to play catch up)

Here is what I don't like about the new bike.

Nothing. It is the best bike ever built.
    You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

My conclusion on people's opinions of the 1833 is very simple.
    Some love it...Some hate it and it appears many are on the fence about it.
    I am not being a smart azz about this.
    It just seems that is what is happening.
    This new model is not for me for many reasons,but I in know way have any negative feelings toward those who have purchased one.
    As a very wise man told me when I was young and had made a negative comment about someone's car.
    He politely said..."Doug,that is why they have different color paint."

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Put me on the hate list!

Rocky:

Since you are admitting to not telling the truth, how do we know you are NOW telling the truth?

Just "messing" with you!

Scott

this is a quote from Rocky on another thread

Originally posted by kc classic View Post

this is a quote from Rocky on another thread
            You want to see a pic of my pecker too?

FYI-I was bustin my friends chops in the thread you harvested your quote from.

Get better bait,and you may catch something??

maybe we don't believe you when you say you have a 2018 white wing.

• Rocky
                Rocky commented
                Editing a comment
                You do realize, That if it's posted on the Internet-Its got to be True-Right.

Seriously- A picture can be taken off the net-So my posting a picture doesn't mean squat. (If you think about it)

Originally posted by kc classic View Post
              maybe we don't believe you when you say you have a 2018 white wing.
              Not believe Rocky?
              Say it ain't so!

• kwthom
                kwthom commented
                Editing a comment

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
              Let me clear the air. Some of you think I hate the new Bike.

That couldn’t be farther from the Truth. I can’t hate something that has never done a thing to me.
              I love all motorcycles, even the ones I don’t own.

What some of you don’t realize is. I Bought one of the first White DCT bike that HOR sold.

Yes that’s right I own a DCT. I been messing with you all along, while I been putting 23,000 miles on this fantastic bike since I was handed my very own FOB.
              I don’t post pictures of it, due to my wanting to play with a few members here-ya I know they got all upset. But what is life without a few laughs right!!

This is why I have never answered the question “What don’t you like about the new bike?”

So here are the things I like about the new bike.

1. Honda was real thoughtful. Only charging $30 for each emblem, so I can call it a Goldwing.(Its not really a Goldwing-but I pretend it is)
              2. I like the Ugly Trunk-That doesn’t match the bags. (flowing uniformity is overrated.)
              3. The no locking front cubby was Brilliant. (I encourage thieves to take what is mine)
              4. Who ever thought of hiding the opener for the gas door to refuel had a sense of humor. (Life’s challenges are what keeps my young)
              5. I’m loving how hard it is to keep the bike clean, Honda was nice enough to not cover up these nooks n crannies, so dirt to hide now. (now I get to bond longer with my bike using the wife”s toothbrush)
              6. I’m loving the useful GPS. I don’t mind if it can’t find my home address. (I now write my name on my arm in case I forget-dementia is a bi**h)
              7. I like how BT drops out for no reason. Repairing is a pleasure for no reason-gives me something to do between songs. (Having no intercom can be a blessing When I’m speeding-she can’t tell me to-slow down)
              8. I like how the bag doors aren’t even with the bags anymore. I’d pinch my fingers sometimes on older goldwings. ( As an added bonus-It makes the paint chaff off easier for the grunge look)
              9. My seat is as comfortable as sitting on Concrete. (Who doesn’t like a nice firm butt)
              10.The narrow bike is way Kewl- I enjoy more buffeting for rider & passenger. (It’s a motorcycle- I Expect wind!)
              11. I’m lovin’ the Poor paint quality that rubs off to easily, if you look at it wrong. (nice Paint quality is over rated anyway)
              12. The crappy sound system. Brings back memories. (Still not as nice as my soup can and fishing line.)
              13. I’m liking how the upgraded amp & speakers that will use up more smaller saddlebag space. But only slightly make the ray-dideo sound like my old soup can sound (I can still fit my Geritol in there-so all is good)
              14. I love the pitted/rough surface on the wheels, (Now I can bond with my bike for longer periods of time, While I keep them clean of fast wearing brake pad dust.)
              15. Who doesn’t like the passenger grab handles that are in remission. (they are like some whiners penis-They are under the passenger, you just got to feel around for it.)
              16 One of my favorites is how the DCT lurches while completing parking lot u turns. (Who doesn’t like dropping a bike)
              17. I really like how the DCT downshifts while in a corner upsetting the entrance/exit apex speed. (That is so much fun when least expected its either a thrill or a spill?)
              18. Gas erupts all over the seat when refueling. (I love when the cashier asks-Sir did you wet yourself or are you that happy to see me?)
              18. Hill assist switches that malfunction when they get wet. (Hill assist is for sissys anyways.)
              18. Parking brake that doesn’t release automatically. (The smell of brake dust is my reminder to release that clever handle)
              19. Love how I need to go through a 20 minute process to start the bike if the fob pukes. (putting a key in a ignition is so old fashioned)
              20. servicing the air filter is at least a 6 pak duration now instead of 10 mins. (Now that is a great idea-Who doesn’t like drinking more beers)
              21. I’m glad they got rid of the CB buttons. Who needs a CB anyway. (You want a CB? You can pay for it-the free ride is over)
              22. I love making a mess on the garage floor changing the oil. (****es off the wife when she slips in what I missed cleaning up-that will tech her)
              23. I’m glad there are no more lights in the trunk look. I’m not worried about safety. (My first Honda only had one brake light bulb-and I was happy)
              24. very sensitive TBW=throttle. (Doing wheels are what keeps the blood flowing and keeps the boss awake)
              25..I’m liking the vibration at idle. (The boys say it tingles-Whoever doesn’t like that feeling, isn’t living large)
              26. The new muffler Drone is a hoot. (it ****es off the voices in my head, when they are listening to the snoop dog playlist on carplay)
              27. The Wife enjoys being thrown in the air by the soft rear shock, pogoing on bumpy roads. (I gave her two bungee cords to help her stay in her seat)
              28. I love the fast wearing front brake pads. (The rears got to play catch up)

Here is what I don't like about the new bike.

Nothing. It is the best bike ever built.
              haha. Ok I have to admit. this approach was very clever. you get a gold star for this one. a lot of fallacies but clever nonetheless.

Dropping off a new trailer for a friend who didn't get his hitch installed yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	37376118_10216748509646038_445297952936689664_n.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	105324

HMMMMM
                  that sure looks like a new white 1833 to me in the picture.
                  Maybe Rocky does have a new one.

• kwthom
                    kwthom commented
                    Editing a comment

Anybody got some FLEX Tape handy??.

Name:	9cdf45a9-4c72-47ee-9b97-d7958cea4f9b_zps4h2rdhpj.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	111791

• Rocky
                    Rocky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    GWRider. More like a deep pot hole!.

• GWRider
                    GWRider commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Note to self..... keep eyes wide open.

• SilverSurfer
                    SilverSurfer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Man, You gotta stop ridin thru IL.

Ruh roh...😳

1833 Unicycle conversion kit?
                    • 2018 Goldwing Tour DCT
                    • 1970 Honda CT70 (3sp man auto-clutch - my first "DCT")
                    • 2001 Suzuki GSF1200 Bandit
                    • Goldwing rider since 1982

Originally posted by GWRider View Post
                      1833 Unicycle conversion kit?
                      Honda already built the Uno back in 08. Looks like a ST1800 (proto type)

Name:	the-uno.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	111797
                      ************************************************** *******

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page