• Isolation Fuse Block from Show Chrome Accessories

I recently installed this on my 2018. https://youtu.be/Pxz4SideO90

Click image for larger version

Name:	Isolator Fuse Block.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	381.1 KB
ID:	103762
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Cruiseman, is the show chrome isolator working good ??? I want to pull my bush-tec trailer with my DCT and would use an isolator kit but don't know which one to get. I would do the Rivco hitch but was thinking of the EC isolator kit? What are your thoughts on this subject??

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Are you not concerned it may interfere and actually damage one of the 10 computers?

Originally posted by DCTRIDER View Post
        Are you not concerned it may interfere and actually damage one of the 10 computers?
        I suppose anything is possible, but it is only using the motorcycle wiring to drive a relay. The real power is coming directly from the battery.

did you zip tie the controller to the bike?

The GW old GWers wish Honda would make.

• Cruiseman
            Cruiseman commented
            Editing a comment
            I did not really need to. But it would not be hard to do so. Due to its location under the seat, it is not moving around.

• kwthom
            kwthom commented
            Editing a comment
            Double-stick tape to a clean spot on the bike itself might be more secure.

Saw the vid on the 2018 install. Is there one for 2107's or before?

• Cruiseman
            Cruiseman commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. This is a universal isolator and will work on just about any bike.

This same one will work on earlier models. On the earlier model because they are not Canbus you don't have to worry about computer errors or damage to them. Just a blown fuse. do a google search on motorcycle isolation fuse blocks.

What size posi-tap did you use? I am sure what gauge those wires are.

Fortunately, they're color-coded...to me, they look like:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	36.1 KB ID:	110211

Found at the Posi-Tap web page...search for posi-products.com
            Ken (IBA #50030) & Grace (IBA #62768)Tucson, AZ"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕMy blog

Another isolation terminal block that hasn't been mentioned is the Eastern Beaver PC-8. I installed one on my 2015 Yamaha Tenere a couple of years ago and was very satisfied. It is powered directly from the battery, a 30 amp fused connection, and like the blocks mentioned above it uses a switched on board wiring connection to provide the necessary relay control for the 6 switched terminal connections. There are 2 constant terminal connection bringing the total to eight. The one nice thing about the Eastern Beaver PC-8 is its small size. It can be mounted in some spots where the other mentioned blocks won't go. If you consider one also consider getting the input wire loom with the built in fuse, it comes in varying lengths.

• Cruiseman
                Cruiseman commented
                Editing a comment
                I had one of theirs on my 2010 Versys. Well made.

This is on my short list of add ons this spring.

Here's a new one soon to be released from Show Chrome made specifically for the 2018+ Goldwing.

• Cruiseman
                  Cruiseman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I will be updating my video soon to show this new installation

• GWRider
                  GWRider commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looking forward to it. I have a couple of them on pre-order. Looks like plug-n-play unlike the other isolator.

• popsclawson
                  popsclawson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I contacted Big Bike Parts about if they would upgrade the current units that have not been used yet or if they would have a add on . Their reply,

We do have plans to introduce the plug and play add-on kit for the fuse block around mid April.

We do not offer any trade up program regardless of who it was purchased through.

The part number for that upgrade kit will be 52-942WI once it becomes available.

Best Regards,

I’m installing it now. The colored wires for the right and left side in the instructions appear to be opposite of cruiseman’s video
                photos attached
                Attached Files

• Cruiseman
                  Cruiseman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maybe I got them reversed in the video? I will have to pull the seat and take a look.

I installed one of these on my 2018 DCT Tour. The problem I see with this product is it's exposed to the elements like water a dust that make its way under the seat. There is no protection for the wiring attached to the fuse block. Regretting my purchase now. Thinking about adding some silicone for protection.

Also, just yesterday, I came across a YouTube video from Traxxion Dynamics (Max McAllister) on the Amplink Power Distribution Module from Rowe Electronics. This is the one I wish I had gone with. Fully protected from the elements, better engineered, looks even smaller. More expensive but you get what you pay for. Check it out.
                2018 Gold Wing DCT Tour in Pearl Hawkseye Blue. Goldstrike LED Trunk Light Kit, Electrical Connection Fog Light Kit, Show Chrome GT Tour Multifunction LED Cowl Light Kit, Show Chrome Isolation Fuse Block, Show Chrome Seat Bungee Tie Down Brackets, Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Decoupling Kit, Traxxion Dynamics Dip Stick Extender, Traxxion Dynamics Steering Lock Pin, Traxxion Dynamics Kick Stand Pad, Slip Streamer Clear Wraparound Touring Windshield, Utopia Driver Backrest. Show Chrome Marker Lights. WingStuff and Saddlemen Luggage Bags.

Originally posted by Doug Bohman View Post
                  I installed one of these on my 2018 DCT Tour. The problem I see with this product is it's exposed to the elements like water a dust that make its way under the seat. There is no protection for the wiring attached to the fuse block. Regretting my purchase now. Thinking about adding some silicone for protection.

Also, just yesterday, I came across a YouTube video from Traxxion Dynamics (Max McAllister) on the Amplink Power Distribution Module from Rowe Electronics. This is the one I wish I had gone with. Fully protected from the elements, better engineered, looks even smaller. More expensive but you get what you pay for. Check it out.
                  I have had fuse isolation blocks on my GL1500, 2012 GL1800 and now on my 2018. Never have had a problem with getting water or dust underneath the seat or side covers.

• Dogbone
                    Dogbone commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hope that's the case for me, but the potential is always there.

Originally posted by Doug Bohman View Post

saw that as well. ill be going with that one. chances of the show chrome getting wet are minimal, but why take the chance.

I have some questions about the Rowe Electronics block, and I reached out to them, but never received a reply.

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
                      I have some questions about the Rowe Electronics block, and I reached out to them, but never received a reply.
                      What was your question? They responded to me in short order ... yesterday.

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
                        I'm a "Phone call to the company's tech department" type of guy.

I've found it best to jot down my concern/questions.

Then make the call to get my answers.

Email's are like dial up- you wait in hope, you'll get a reply!! (Just sayin')
                        ************************************************** *******
                        Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
                        "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".
                        Current bikes.
                        1981 CB900C 10 speed (Restored)
                        1986 GL1200 SEi
                        2004 GL1800

I've mentioned this product shortly after I revealed the new bike was coming back on 6/17.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...SABEgJkjPD_BwE

It's been real world tested on other bikes,that gave it rave reviews.
                          You have to let go of them green backs to get a superior product,
                          But in this case, you get way more for them $$'s
                          ************************************************** *******
                          Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
                          "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".
                          Current bikes.
                          1981 CB900C 10 speed (Restored)
                          1986 GL1200 SEi
                          2004 GL1800

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page