Waze Now Works With Carplay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waze Now Works With Carplay

Update Waze app to version 4.43.4, make sure you're on iOS 12, and you're ready to roll on down the Waze Highway!

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I had to remove old version of Waze the reinstall newest Version of Waze. Works but have not road tested.

Google maps now offers a satellite view while in use. Works with Apple Car Play looks cool on the bikes screen. Yet another reason the 18s are a giant leap foward.

Originally posted by MaddogMike View Post
          Update Waze app to version 4.43.4, make sure you're on iOS 12, and you're ready to roll on down the Waze Highway!
          Is waze better than google maps? It is designed for touch screens. Will it work on the Goldwing?
          PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

• kwthom
            kwthom commented
            Editing a comment
            Data is shared between Maps and Waze (re: traffic, etc.) What's not shared is the crowd-sourced info like speed trap locations, etc - only shown with Waze.

does waze accept way points?

Originally posted by Drgsin View Post
            does waze accept way points?
            I heard it accepts just one waypoint. Not for me, I like Google maps though.
            PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

Waze is when traffic is gridlocked & you are looking for an out

Originally posted by tamathumper
                Waze will also not navigate all the way across the country. It fails on complex or long routes and just says "You can't get there from here."
                cross waze off the list. i can find my way around my city. lol

For optimum on-line mapping, need to use Maps (with your routing detail...) along with monitoring Waze in the foreground for near-term route needs.

Quite certain *that* won't display on the new bike's display...

Both Waze and Google maps are both failures as far as routing and waypoint stops.

Waze just does not do it at all.

Google maps I tried making a route with four waypoint stops on my computer and send it to
                    my iphone. It ignores anything after the first waypoint.
                    Then I tried just making A to B route and moved the route to some side roads and
                    then send it to iPhone. After Google maps gets a hold of it changes it to the fastest routing.

These app's are making the Honda Nav look better and better as that is what I went back to using for
                    now.

Come on Sygic, you are our last salvation!

Originally posted by tamathumper
                      Google Maps seems to work for me - I just created 6 waypoints across the US and back, texted the map link to the phone, and all of them appeared in order with turn-by-turn directions.
                      I got that far also but when I actually ran the route it said completed route after the first waypoint and ignored the rest.

Let us know how it goes for you.

I’ve used both Apple Maps and Google on my Manual Tour. So far I’ve noticed that Apple gives only one route from A to B. Google offers 2 or more alternatives that I can choose from. Seems to work pretty well but I’m trying to figure out how to have the connection default to Google Maps on startup. Seems to be a bit random, but most likely I’m doing something wrong. I’ve been known for that lately with this new bike.

Then there’s that dumb disconnect/reconnect sequence to start CarPlay. Perhaps I have fixed that this am by selecting “Always connect as CarPlay”. Well see tomorrow am.

With regard to multiple waypoints and rerouting to Google fastest when connected to the bike...check to see if your computer is set for avoiding highways, and the phone is set for fastest. Some time back I created a route on the pc in Google then sent it to the phone via email (and later via the transfer command) and it changed the route to fastest. After I set the phone and the pc to the same preferences, it worked just fine. I had 6 waypoints.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page