Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bag for rear Rivco Rack.

At Wing Ding Knoxville I bought the Rivco rear rack that attaches to the rear hitch.
    I was wondering for those that have a rear rack like that what storage bag are you using?
    I'd like to keep the license plate visible so height should not exceed 10".
    I'm also thinking a washable waterproof bag since there will be plenty of dust and grime back there.
    Any thoughts, a link maybe?

SBB

Just a thought, why does it have to be a bag. What are you planning to store in their? How about an ice chest to store your things and when you're not using it to store your things you can use it as an ice chest for drinks and snacks. Dual purpose?
    Waterproof and easy to clean when needed.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix
    Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

The Rivco rear rack has a bag available...

http://wingstuff.com/products/30474-...tch_racks_bags

The base of the bag has two fabric slots that allow the bag to be locked to the rack using the dowel lock rods.

Same issue with the older 1800 - the bag is 11" or 12" tall and it will block the plate.

I've ridden 15,000+ miles with a rack bag, never had a reason for a cop to pull me over with it installed. Their bag has a cover to keep the weather/dirt/crap out of the contents. My wife and I used this, along with one saddle-bag for a two week tour.

I have the Rivco setup rack/bag and never had a issue with the plate. That being said my friend behind me said it was hard to see the turn signals. I am now orderding the LED lights for the rack and photo copied and laminated the plate to put in the rack light/plate holder. The bag works good and when traveling all you have to do is leave the bag attached and unhook the rack and carry the whole assembly in.

• kwthom
          kwthom commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, this is how we are solving the issue.

During the day, I've never had my bag messed with as far as I can tell. At night, bag and rack comes to the room with the rest of the stuff.

Originally posted by Rusty360 View Post
        I have the Rivco setup rack/bag and never had a issue with the plate. That being said my friend behind me said it was hard to see the turn signals. I am now orderding the LED lights for the rack and photo copied and laminated the plate to put in the rack light/plate holder. The bag works good and when traveling all you have to do is leave the bag attached and unhook the rack and carry the whole assembly in.
        So here is a thought, I buy the Rivco bag, I spend the $50.00 for the two rod locks to lock the bag to the rack so it can't be stolen.
        Then,
        Someone comes along and pulls the two pins that hold the rack and walk away with the rack and the bag?
        Does that make sense?

SBB

See Rusty360 comment above...pulling the clips, taking the bag *and* rack really isn't difficult...

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page