Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally the Ciro Goldstrike Hiway pegs are available

Hello,
    As someone that has been waiting for weeks for the Rivco pegs that I'm not sure I would like anyway, finally the Ciro pegs are available and for $10.00 less than the Rivco pegs. I sent a note to Wingstuff to make sure this isn't a preorder that will take weeks to fill.
    Click the link before it is deleted. http://wingstuff.com/shop/goldstrike
    ​​​​​​​Cheers, Cyclechris...

I got an e-mail from Wingstuff and I like the tie down brackets. I will put those on my Christmas list.
    2018 Goldwing Tour DCT in Pearl White

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Hello again,
      Wingstuff just gave me a call. Very friendly !! My Rivco pegs came in today at Wingstuff but they also have the Ciro pegs so I decided to have them ship those. In the future I will order the tie down brackets as well for when transport is needed.

Originally posted by Cyclechris View Post
        Hello,
        As someone that has been waiting for weeks for the Rivco pegs that I'm not sure I would like anyway, finally the Ciro pegs are available and for $10.00 less than the Rivco pegs. I sent a note to Wingstuff to make sure this isn't a preorder that will take weeks to fill.
        I am all for choices. Not to burst your bubble but the Ciro Adjustable Highway peg mounts(without the footrest) cost $289.99 and the Ciro Adjustable highway peg mounts with footrest cost $389.99

That is $90 more than the Rivco not $10 less as you reported.

Also the Ciro id below the crash bar and will scrape before the bar. The Rivco is mounted safely above the crash bar

• wrongway27
          wrongway27 commented
          Editing a comment
          I went to Wing-Ding in Knoxville and picked up the Goldstrike pegs at the event. They are easily put on and look terrific !!

Originally posted by Cyclechris View Post
        Hello,

The link is legit because WingStuff is a sponsor on this forum.
        GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
        Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Originally posted by vneal View Post

I am all for choices. Not to burst your bubble but the Ciro Adjustable Highway peg mounts(without the footrest) cost $289.99 and the Ciro Adjustable highway peg mounts with footrest cost $389.99

Also the Ciro id below the crash bar and will scrape before the bar. The Rivco is mounted safely above the crash bar
          If it is going to scrape before the crash bars it's a non-starter in my book.
          Costa Mesa, CA
          2012 RED GL1800

Originally posted by vneal View Post

OH NO!! The Hiway Peg Police.
            PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

Got my Rivco pegs in four days.

Originally posted by glarson3 View Post

If it is going to scrape before the crash bars it's a non-starter in my book.
                This is why I use the RIVCO

Originally posted by INTHEWIND View Post

Whatever dude. They cost more. Are made in China(Rivco USA) will scrap before the crashbar. Could possibly hang up in a crash. I did not put them down. In fact I said I am all about choices

PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

Yeah I blew it. I thought they were $289. Geez that's just for the mounting brackets. As mentioned $389 for the full set up. We'll see about clearance. I do like the floor board verses the small peg on the Rivco. Much like Kuryakyn. If I mount them I can't return them so I'll take a good look before I Attach to the bike. They claim good adjustability. We'll see about that as well.
                      Stay tuned.
                      Cyclechris..

Originally posted by INTHEWIND View Post

InTheWind,
                        I feel compelled to respond to your response about Hi Way peg "police." If you can't see the danger in mounting highway pegs below the crashover bar, I worry about what could happen to you if you do ANY kind of twisty riding at all. One need only look at just how close the tip over bars are to the ground when this bike is ridden aggressively. The crashover bars won't touch down (the footpegs will drag first), BUT, if there is something mounted BELOW these bars, then it is highly likely they these would touch down when ridden aggressively. If the rate of motion (i.e. how fast the bike is approaching the road) is something other than very controlled and smooth, then these hi way pegs could "pogo" the bike in the opposite direction. The result of this happening in a tight radius turn could be catastrophic. I am certainly not making any commission from Rivco, but the way and the position that the Rivco pegs mount is exactly why I went with them. Add to this that the Rivco pegs are designed to fail sacrificially if the bike falls over statically (or I suppose while riding as well). The pegs are intentionally mounted with soft aluminum bolts designed to shear off in a tip over, as well as about a 70 to 80% "relief cut" on the peg itself which is designed to snap off if the bike goes over.

If you go with apeg that is mounted below the tipover bars I truly hope you are a "highway rider" exclusively. The alternative IS dangerous whether you think so or not.

Respectfully,
                        Matt

It is amazing that Honda did such a poor job of engineering the frame without giving any consideration to highway pegs or other accessories. Of course, another 1/4" height and width to the trunk would have made helmet storage considerably better.
                          GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
                          Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
                            It is amazing that Honda did such a poor job of engineering the frame without giving any consideration to highway pegs or other accessories. Of course, another 1/4" height and width to the trunk would have made helmet storage considerably better.
                            I agree. It is amazing what an extra inch would actually add to the trunk storage.

Anyone tried running without the inner trunk lid? Will a helmet fit in there easier? Just curious...

This topic seems to have run off course a bit. I received my Goldstrike pegs. The instructions aren't bad but could be better. As per usual attacking the first side took a couple of hours to make sense of it all. The other side only took maybe 20 minutes since I knew what I was doing.
                                There is forward and rearward positioning available like the Rivco. I set mine all the way forward. I set the peg arm straight up to get the pegs as high as possible. There is considerable adjustability. They sit higher than the tip over cover. The hardware attaches to the tip over bar and it's mounting bolt. Very slick and sturdy. It's over 90 here today so I won't ride till this weekend, but sitting on the bike my feet are in a very comfy position. I've attached a couple of pictures. Any questions from the Highway Peg Police ?
                                Cheers, Cyclechris ..

Cyclechris,

If you lay the bike on the crash bars, these pegs don't hit first? This happened because highway pegs hit before crash bars.
                                  Click image for larger version

Name:	crash_GW.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	103216

Costa Mesa, CA
                                  2012 RED GL1800

• RoadRat
                                    RoadRat commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    A trip down memory lane from Death Valley!

PPA Rating

Peg Police Approved

Originally posted by glarson3 View Post
                                    Cyclechris,

If you lay the bike on the crash bars, these pegs don't hit first? This happened because highway pegs hit before crash bars.
                                    Click image for larger version  Name:	crash_GW.jpg Views:	1 Size:	129.9 KB ID:	103216
                                    On a straight road in the desert? Im calling BS until I see more information about the crash.
                                    Probably a car tire. LOL
                                    PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                                    widgetinstance 272 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                    Working...
                                    X