Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Fog lights.

I just had the fog lights installed and noticed that when you switch to high beams the fog lights go off.
    Is there a setting change in the software that allows them to stay on when you turn your high beams on?

You would need to install an optional jumper that will force the fog lights to remain on when the high beams are on. Not sure if Honda offers that with their fog lights, but I am sure someone offers an aftermarket jumper.
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I too would be interested in knowing where to jump to get fog lights to stay on with high beams.

• Cajun1124
        Cajun1124 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wing stuff sells the jumper for 69.00 ..fog lite reconfiguration harness. Sku: EC02404. I purchased one! Another way to remedy this is to install show chrome fuse block.. which allows to terminate on the keyed terminal. But fog lites would be on everytime bike is turned On!
        Last edited by Cajun1124; 05-09-2020, 09:00 PM.

Originally posted by Paladin View Post
      I too would be interested in knowing where to jump to get fog lights to stay on with high beams.
      Me Too! Hopefully someone will get a cure for those of us who would like the option to keep fog lights on while Hi-beams are on.

Wingstuff has a jumper kit for 2017 and older Goldwings. Not sure if it will fit the new wing. I am sure there will be a kit soon by someone. There are new aftermarket accessories coming out every week it seems. Some even seem to address problem areas of the 1833. Have patience.

It is usually not legal for a road vehicle to have more than four lights illuminated in a forward direction. Many locations have regulations that prohibit a vehicle to have more than 4 illuminated lights (other than marker lights) illuminating a vehicle forward at one time. When your two low beams are on, the fog lights can be lit as that makes a total of four. But, when the high beams also come on that would make for a total of six, so the fog lights must legally be turned off. The same is true for automobiles that have fog/running lights - they go off with the high beams.

Check what your local STATE DMV LAWS are First -Not that can't do it -but that's the reason fog lights are sold in the default config of being OFF when High Beams are on. - That way they Fog lights can be sold and installed legal in all 50 States.
            Whoever said money can’t buy happiness, never paid for a divorce

IBA # 40576

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
            widgetinstance 272 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X