Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio upgrade

Hello,
    Has anyone actually been able to compare the stock audio system to the very expensive upgrade ? I ride with a helmet and earplugs. My Harley's boom audio system was able to provide a better music experience under these circumstances. On occasion I do use isolating bluetooth earbuds and they sound great but I'd prefer to use the speakers. They just don't get loud enough.
    Thanks, Cyclechris..

Check the audio setting on page 75, set it to high and see if that helps.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by Cyclechris View Post
      Hello,
      Has anyone actually been able to compare the stock audio system to the very expensive upgrade ? I ride with a helmet and earplugs. My Harley's boom audio system was able to provide a better music experience under these circumstances. On occasion I do use isolating bluetooth earbuds and they sound great but I'd prefer to use the speakers. They just don't get loud enough.
      Thanks, Cyclechris..
      Upgrade is pricey, only for solo riders (less saddlebag space), but much better than stock. With wind noise filtering ear plugs, I can easily listen to music from the iPhone (Apple Music or own music) at 80 mph with volume level 12-15. Music from radio is still poor.

Thanks for your reply. I've asked my dealer to upgrade one of their demos so I could compare. In months they haven't done it. They also quoted me $1500.00 plus tax for a whopping $1595 OTD. Do you mind telling me what you were charged ?
        Thanks, Cyclechris

Thanks for your reply. I've asked my dealer to upgrade one of their demos so I could compare. In months they haven't done it. They also quoted me $1500.00 plus tax for a whopping $1595 OTD. Do you mind telling me what you were charged ?
          Thanks, Cyclechris
          In Europe, all accessories are much more expensive than in the U.S. I consider the real value of the upgrade to be $1000, but there are no alternatives yet and you only live once.

Originally posted by Klonko View Post

Upgrade is pricey, only for solo riders (less saddlebag space), but much better than stock. With wind noise filtering ear plugs, I can easily listen to music from the iPhone (Apple Music or own music) at 80 mph with volume level 12-15. Music from radio is still poor.
            Yes, I concur on improved audio quality with upgrade. I could tell a difference immediately when I cranked the volume. When I'm parked and really want to enjoy the music I open the trunk-Party Time

Although I requested this my dealer never told me they do have a bike on the floor with the audio upgrade. Stupid on their part. They're closed on Monday so Tuesday I'll go in to make the comparison. I'll take my USB drive, ear plugs and helmet for the acid test. I hope there won't be anyone else in the showroom..
              Cyclechris

Although I requested this my dealer never told me they do have a bike on the floor with the audio upgrade. Stupid on their part. They're closed on Monday so Tuesday I'll go in to make the comparison. I'll take my USB drive, ear plugs and helmet for the acid test. I hope there won't be anyone else in the showroom..
                Cyclechris
                Be mindful that your helmet speakers as are most are not known for the best audio quality-unless of course you went custom route. Actually even better is to take the equipped Upgraded Audio GW unit out for a real world experience if it's one of their test ride GW's. Excuse me if you mentioned in earlier post that it's Display only GW.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page