Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sturgis on the new 2018 GW Tour DCT

My wife and I spent this past weekend at my brothers house in Rapid City, South Dakota. It is an easy 180 mile ride for us from Pierre to Rapid City. Rode a little over 1100 miles in 3 days touring the Black Hills. Lots of bikes in the hills enjoying the festivities of Sturgis Bike Rally.

A couple of observations;
    Overall gas mileage for the trip was 45mpg. In the hills cruising was around 50mpg. However, once you get above 70mph, the gas mileage seems to drop off pretty fast.
    Rice Honda has a new location on the north side of I-90, close to Cabelas. Lots of new Wings there for demo rides and a few African Twins.
    I easily remembered why I like my flavor of bike, the loud crackling pipe noise of the HDs on main street Sturgis was rude at times.
    The new Wing headlights are easy to pick out on the road. Waved at several of you.
    I can see an upgraded seat is in my future. It is not that the seat is unbearable, but a little more comfort would be nice. I am seriously considering what Cruiseman did and going with an WingSoft upgrade.

Mike

The same sentiment on the seat, bearable but I've got to get something different. I'm waiting on my Revco pegs and with more movement, the OEM seat may work.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by mlboland115 View Post
      I can see an upgraded seat is in my future. It is not that the seat is unbearable, but a little more comfort would be nice. I am seriously considering what Cruiseman did and going with an WingSoft upgrade.

Mike
      I may have to get a mod to the seat as well, I just did seven hours with just gas stops and it could be better. I like the fact that WingSoft keeps the OEM seat intact. I'm sure there are others out there, I would think I would prefer harder foam, not more soft foam, I sink into this seat after a few hours, but I have never had an aftermarket seat or alteration before. I'll look for a seat thread.
      kiptap - Paul
      Bolingbrook, IL (Greater Chicago Area)
      1979 Kawasaki Z 200
      1981 Kawasaki GPZ 550
      1996 Honda GL 1500SE
      2018 Honda GL 1800DJ

Mustang seat I think is in my future

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page