Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hill Start Assist trouble light

Today I fired up bike to ride home from work and the HSA (hill start assist ) trouble light came on. The HSA will not activate. I checked brake fluid levels, they are fine. I have just under 4000 miles. Manual says to go to dealer for service. Anyone have similar problem or ideas?

Warranty

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

From a search of 1833 problems I found that there is a problem unique to the 6 speed goldwing. It appears that the current solution is to replace the microswitches in in the clutch lever. A service bulletin has not been issued yet. I will stop by dealer Friday on my day off. It appears to be an intermittent problem. Was fine this morning, started acting up this afternoon on ride home.

• Jcjdawilson
        Jcjdawilson commented
        Editing a comment
        I just bought a new 2018 back in December and am now having the same issue. Did this fix work on your bike? Thanks

Can the assist be turned off, or is it like the ABS, that is there whether you want it or not? I know on my wifes 2014 Jeep Wrangler with manual transmission, we turned off the hill assist the first 50 miles we owned it. If possible to turn off would be best option.

No, like the ABS it can not be turned off. The clutch switches sort of makes sense because there have been a few times where bike would not start with clutch lever in , had to start in N. A shop manual with wiring diagrams would be nice.

A shop manual for anything would be nice. Come on Honda, pull your head out.
          PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

with 8,000 km on my bike, today the light started flashing & stays on....after multiple starts/stops....no change.....stopped by the dealer....they have not heard of this.... contacted Honda Canada, they gave me a claim #, and advised to go back the dealer

I stopped by dealer to set up appointment to look at flashing HSA. They said they would need bike for a couple of days. I am not hopeful. I tried flushing clutch lever microswitches as suggested on another GL website, no improvement. I will drop off bike and see if they can fix it. I will also file a claim on the Honda website. I did get a call back on my bluetooth complaint.

I never could get mine to work so today I made a effort to try and activate it. I did get it working but then the dreaded flashing of the HSA started up. Turning the bike off and restarting did clear it but then the next time I started the bike up it started flashing again. I should of let a "sleeping dog lye" it seems. WTF I have rode for 60+ years without. If the thing doesn't flash anymore I am gonna forget it I have it.
                Doug in Decatur, IL K9CRT
                2018 Ardent Red 6spd Manual

Originally posted by Doug44 View Post
                  I never could get mine to work so today I made a effort to try and activate it. I did get it working but then the dreaded flashing of the HSA started up. Turning the bike off and restarting did clear it but then the next time I started the bike up it started flashing again. I should of let a "sleeping dog lye" it seems. WTF I have rode for 60+ years without. If the thing doesn't flash anymore I am gonna forget it I have it.
                  do you have the 6 spd or DCT? mine is 6 spd...is this something only happening with 6 spd? could be related to the clutch?

Originally posted by thekid View Post

do you have the 6 spd or DCT? mine is 6 spd...is this something only happening with 6 spd? could be related to the clutch?
                    Mine is a 6spd

Originally posted by thekid View Post
                      with 8,000 km on my bike, today the light started flashing & stays on....after multiple starts/stops....no change.....stopped by the dealer....they have not heard of this.... contacted Honda Canada, they gave me a claim #, and advised to go back the dealer
                      Seems like this issue pops up after saying yours was working just fine two weeks ago in a thread like this??.

https://www.theglforum.com/forum/mot...l-start-assist
                      ************************************************** *******
                      Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
                      "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".
                      Current bikes.
                      1981 CB900C 10 speed (Restored)
                      1986 GL1200 SEi
                      2004 GL1800

• thekid
                        thekid commented
                        Editing a comment
                        you are correct....no issues with mine until 2 days ago....today I rode for about 1 mile, just after stopping, it started flashing....on the way home I thought I would play with different riding.....no front brake, very soft rear brake, light stayed off for a least 5 miles....than started using front brake, after 3rd stop with front brake, light started flashing

I wont even try to use it. I will consider it "preventative maintenance".

Originally posted by Check6 View Post
                        I wont even try to use it. I will consider it "preventative maintenance".

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page