Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivco Highway Pegs Installed

Installed my Rivco Highway Pegs today. Not sure if I like the look but they are functional and very well made. Rivco has always had excellent fit and finish. There is a difference between American Made Rivco and brand X made in China.

I received and installed my Rivco highway pegs today. It took me about 45 minutes in the parking lot. I set it in the center position. I am only 5'7", may move it back one position. One thing I did differently was use a special antisieze for aluminum that I use on my boat, Tefgel.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Click image for larger version  Name:	RIVCO2.JPG Views:	2 Size:	125.2 KB ID:	100544
      I did not like the gray color & pained them more of a metallic silver

Originally posted by Paladin View Post
        I received and installed my Rivco highway pegs today. It took me about 45 minutes in the parking lot. I set it in the center position. I am only 5'7", may move it back one position. One thing I did differently was use a special antisieze for aluminum that I use on my boat, Tefgel.
        Agree, Tefgel is good stuff!

Can anyone yet attest to how they perform on the road? I like the Rivco's because of their placement above the engine tipover guards. I think any design placing them below the tipover bar is very foolish. But has anyone RIDDEN with these Rivco's yet??

I took a short ride. I really like the position. I set mine in the far forward position. I have 34" inseam. Legs are fully extended.

I moved mine to one back from center. I have a 29" inseam. This allows me some flex to knees. By moving foot position up or down on peg I can fine tune to what is most comfortable. So far I am happy with install and riding comfort.

I cannot wait to receive mine. Got an e-mail from Rivco that they will ship in two weeks, so I guess my Sturgis run will be yet another run without highway pegs.

They will be worth the wait.

Originally posted by vneal View Post
                    I did not like the gray color & pained them more of a metallic silver
                    Pretty sad..Painting a new item because its a terrible color.
                    PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

Originally posted by INTHEWIND View Post

Pretty sad..Painting a new item because its a terrible color.
                      I was told they are powder coated & they have been having a little bit of trouble getting them to match the engines silver color. I had none

Rivco should of done their homework on the color. Is it powder coated?
                        PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

The mount is silver powder coat. The pegs are black anodized.

I assume you will have to remove them to change the spark plugs.

Humm. Will I guess so. However that will be many miles from now.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page