All 2015-18 Polaris Slingshots Recalled!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meshego1
    replied
    The Motorcycle.com article indicated certain 2017-18 Slingshot models were affected. A friend of mine reported his 2015 Slingshot was not affected.

Leave a comment:

• jmohme
    commented on 's reply
    As I recall, the car like seating was a major point of conention in accepting it as a motorcycle.

• RoadRat
    replied
    Markcuda has been laying low but I'm just guessing that he was either booted off the forum or left under his own will.

Leave a comment:

• kwthom
    commented on 's reply

• Rocky
    commented on 's reply
    You can't on the other 8 sites you were banned from!
    They deserve you over there!
    Serves them right! he he he!.

• Markcuda
    commented on 's reply
    At least I can go on the other site as Markcuda, you can't as rocky LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Rocky
    commented on 's reply
    people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!.

BTW- what is a "leval 1"
    See I don't know everything, I never heard of that model.

• Markcuda
    replied
    kwthom, i see you got a nice fire storm going from the guys on the "other site"

Leave a comment:

• trip
    replied
    Interesting... and it took Texas how long to recognize the Slingshot as a motorcycle? Maybe there was some wisdom there for once.

Leave a comment:

• BMXDad
    replied
    They are marketed as a motorcycle, as to not have to meet NHTSA Crash certifications for automobiles.........if one were to try to assign it to a particular vehicle category however think "Autocycle".

I think driving (RIding?) one would be a blast...but I wouldn't replace my 2 wheeled motorcycle with one.

Leave a comment:

• Trailboss
    replied
    Just wait, the people in California will pass a law requiring seat belts on a motorcycle.

Leave a comment:

• kwthom
    started a topic All 2015-18 Polaris Slingshots Recalled!

All 2015-18 Polaris Slingshots Recalled!

You read that right. All 2015-18 Polaris Slingshots have been recalled due to faulty welds on seat belt anchor brackets. Seat belt brackets? On a "motorcycle"??

Proof right there that these 3 wheel roadsters are not in fact motorcycles!!
    Defective or incomplete welds on the Polaris Slingshot's seat base or belt buckle anchoring point could cause adverse effects...
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
widgetinstance 272 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X