All 2015-18 Polaris Slingshots Recalled!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All 2015-18 Polaris Slingshots Recalled!

You read that right. All 2015-18 Polaris Slingshots have been recalled due to faulty welds on seat belt anchor brackets. Seat belt brackets? On a "motorcycle"??

Proof right there that these 3 wheel roadsters are not in fact motorcycles!!
    Defective or incomplete welds on the Polaris Slingshot's seat base or belt buckle anchoring point could cause adverse effects...
    Ken (IBA #50030) & Grace (IBA #62768)Tucson, AZ"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕMy blog

Just wait, the people in California will pass a law requiring seat belts on a motorcycle.
    STURGIS 1993,

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

They are marketed as a motorcycle, as to not have to meet NHTSA Crash certifications for automobiles.........if one were to try to assign it to a particular vehicle category however think "Autocycle".

I think driving (RIding?) one would be a blast...but I wouldn't replace my 2 wheeled motorcycle with one.

Interesting... and it took Texas how long to recognize the Slingshot as a motorcycle? Maybe there was some wisdom there for once.
        Robert "Trip" Hilliard
        2006 Goldwing GL1800 Level 2 "Cisco"
        AMA # 3539665
        Blue Knights #59055
        rehilliard.net/hondagoldwing.htm

• jmohme
          jmohme commented
          Editing a comment
          As I recall, the car like seating was a major point of conention in accepting it as a motorcycle.

kwthom, i see you got a nice fire storm going from the guys on the "other site"
        2016 GL1800 Candy Prominence Red leval1-bought August 24th,2017
        Clinton,Illinois

• Markcuda
          Markcuda commented
          Editing a comment
          At least I can go on the other site as Markcuda, you can't as rocky LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Rocky
          Rocky commented
          Editing a comment
          You can't on the other 8 sites you were banned from!
          They deserve you over there!
          Serves them right! he he he!.

• kwthom
          kwthom commented
          Editing a comment

Markcuda has been laying low but I'm just guessing that he was either booted off the forum or left under his own will.
        When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
        Jimi Hendrix
        Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

The Motorcycle.com article indicated certain 2017-18 Slingshot models were affected. A friend of mine reported his 2015 Slingshot was not affected.
          2007 GL1800 level1
          2015 Hannigan Trike n 2009 Tailwind

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page