2017 - miles ridden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have 2 bikes. my 2015 wing has a curly hair short of 40K, my 2012 Heritage (bought in late 2013) has 33K. Missed a lot of riding due to family health issues.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Only put 15K on in 17' but there's hope for the future because I live in Texas where we get to ride pert near every day.
      Work gets in the way on occasion and we have numerous family commitments throughout the year but I'm hoping to boost that number this year. Ride On!
      TMRA - life member
      GWRRA - life member
      AMA - life member
      IBA # 1626
      N. Texas PGR

Just a tick over 8500 smiles when I was averaging about 20-22000 mi. in previous years.In 2017 I was selling my 2 homes in CA (Central Valley) and the 1 house needed some repairs. Both houses sold in Dec. and I relocated to Vancouver WA about 15 mi.north of my daughter who lives in Portland OR. about 3 weeks ago and just got my Internet hooked up today. I'm a happy camper once again.
        When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
        Jimi Hendrix
        Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

Originally posted by RoadRat View Post
          Just a tick over 8500 smiles when I was averaging about 20-22000 mi. in previous years.In 2017 I was selling my 2 homes in CA (Central Valley) and the 1 house needed some repairs. Both houses sold in Dec. and I relocated to Vancouver WA about 15 mi.north of my daughter who lives in Portland OR. about 3 weeks ago and just got my Internet hooked up today. I'm a happy camper once again.
          You don't find that many folks that move "north" for retirement. I'm a former Modesto resident.
          * Brian & Brenda * IBA 50053 & 50354 * 2002 Gold Wing
          * Founding riders of the Atomic 1000 SS1K
          * Tour Of Honor riders since 2012

Good to hear the move is over and settling in. Glad your back on-line. Did you make a fire this morning for a little heat?
            '04 Titanium ABS
            Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP 195-55-16
            Bridgestone BT-45 130/70-18
            Member - E. CLAMPUS VITUS
            Free Grazer IBA #22990
            NRA, Elks, and too many others
            Yuma, AZ

Originally posted by LD Rider View Post

You don't find that many folks that move "north" for retirement. I'm a former Modesto resident.
              The biggest motivation was to be close to my daughter and her husband, get the hell out of CA and the Fresno heat where I worked outdoors my whole life.
              I was raised in northern NJ where we had lots of cold, snow, and rain so it's not a total shock moving here and so far I'm really enjoying the move.
              Jimi Hendrix

Originally posted by Clamper View Post
                Good to hear the move is over and settling in. Glad your back on-line. Did you make a fire this morning for a little heat?
                Good to hear from you Ron. Actually it was 45 deg. @ 7am and the high was 54. The thing I noticed right away is how clean the air is and hopefully I can purge all that Fresno smog/crappy air from my lungs. We will have to get together so start looking for some buffets.
                Jimi Hendrix

The biggest motivation was to be close to my daughter and her husband, get the hell out of CA and the Fresno heat where I worked outdoors my whole life.
                  Getting near the grandkids is what has us trying to figure out where to move when I retire. The majority and the youngest live in Mesa, NOT where we'd like to end up so we're looking at alternatives. (Apologies for hijacking the thread.)
                  2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
                  USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
                  US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
                  2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
                  2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

Good to hear from you Ron. Actually it was 45 deg. @ 7am and the high was 54. The thing I noticed right away is how clean the air is and hopefully I can purge all that Fresno smog/crappy air from my lungs. We will have to get together so start looking for some buffets.
                    Well it nice and warm down here in Arizona, or did you want to wait until I get back to Idaho? LOL Yup see in after the spring thaw.
                    '04 Titanium ABS
                    Free Grazer IBA #22990
                    Yuma, AZ

I only put 8000 on the wing this year, but I did get almost 1000 on my Hondamatic.
                      Dave Wyatt
                      08 GL1800
                      76 CB750A

Originally posted by clayusmcret View Post

Getting near the grandkids is what has us trying to figure out where to move when I retire. The majority and the youngest live in Mesa, NOT where we'd like to end up so we're looking at alternatives. (Apologies for hijacking the thread.)
                        I started the thread and started the hijack too, so it's no bother to me. I'm in Chandler so I'm not far from your kids. If you want a cooler climate but want to be close to them, then Payson, Prescott, or anything up in the White Mountains will be good for you. My mom, sister, and BIL have all retired to Show Low. My wife doesn't like cold (if the house is at 76 she's freezing), but I've been thinking of a little getaway cabin up there for the summer months.

• Clamper
                          Clamper commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Mmmm...... Rudy's BBQ

Originally posted by LD Rider View Post

I started the thread and started the hijack too, so it's no bother to me. I'm in Chandler so I'm not far from your kids. If you want a cooler climate but want to be close to them, then Payson, Prescott, or anything up in the White Mountains will be good for you. My mom, sister, and BIL have all retired to Show Low. My wife doesn't like cold (if the house is at 76 she's freezing), but I've been thinking of a little getaway cabin up there for the summer months.
                        The Prescott area and Show Low have been serious contenders. Thanks!
                        2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
                        USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
                        US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
                        2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
                        2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

Clamper, Rudy's is only 10-15 min from the house. 3 miles to I-10, north for a couple of miles and then exit at Chandler Blvd. We either eat there or order to take home at least once a month. I got my start eating at Rudy's when I was in Texas and was very happy when they opened here.

• kwthom
                            kwthom commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'm not gonna throw a lot of shade on this, but it's decent Tejas BBQ, but it's hard to truly transplant the entire process elsewhere. Rudy's has done a decent job of this.

Kinda like In-N-Out Burger. Yeah, you can get it lots of places, but it's the ambiance of eating one in SoCal that makes it better.

One person's opinion... :D

I get over there two or three times a season. Or maybe the one in Goodyear depending which way or what I have to go up there for. Dang good stuff and better for me than the old Heart Attack Grill.
                          '04 Titanium ABS
                          Free Grazer IBA #22990
                          Yuma, AZ

Originally posted by Clamper View Post
                            I get over there two or three times a season. Or maybe the one in Goodyear depending which way or what I have to go up there for. Dang good stuff and better for me than the old Heart Attack Grill.
                            You gotta admit that the Heart Attack Grill was one hell of a crazy tourist attraction and very well named.
                            Jimi Hendrix

Working...
                            X