X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clayusmcret
    replied
    We rode nonstop yesterday for ~6 hours, plus a stop for a seafood lunch. Both bikes were GL1800's. Perfect riding temps with lower to upper 70's throughout the ride, light but steady wind and partly cloudy skies. Fuel was $2.65. Saw maybe 40 bikes active out on the country roads, of which ~10 were various Gold Wings. Saw even more bikes parked at bars, of which 100% were not Gold Wings.

Leave a comment:

• MPop
    replied
    Originally posted by jmohme View Post
    On the open the ratio of Harley's to Honda's is probably similar to the ratio of roaches to Humans.
    I really dont care about that as long as my garage remains roach and Harley free.
    THIS is why you don't see many GWs on the road. Who would want to be associated with people that think like this ?

Leave a comment:

• jmohme
    replied
    On the open the ratio of Harley's to Honda's is probably similar to the ratio of roaches to Humans.
    I really dont care about that as long as my garage remains roach and Harley free.

Leave a comment:

• GLer
    replied
    We are a dying breed fellers...aging and leaving the pastures.

Leave a comment:

• 530ktm
    replied
    Originally posted by Tony in AZ View Post
    We rode a few hundred mile day trip couple weekends back. Up the Salt river canyon to Show Low area. North through Snow Flake, over thru Payson... then back home. I saw 5 Goldwings , which is a high amount. Usually I only see 1 or 2 Wings. Most of the Goldwings were by them selves with one rider. Only one Wing had 2 ppl on it
    Next time you ride up my way let me know and we can hook up for a few miles. You rode right through my neighborhood in Show Low. Still waiting for the weather to cool down for the ride down from Alpine to Morenci and back up maybe back up the 180.

Leave a comment:

• kwthom
    replied
    Less than 200,000 Gl1800's out there, and maybe a half a million GL1500's.

How many of that Bar-and-Shield brand is out there - from 1990 until now? A couple million, maybe?

Leave a comment:

• MPop
    replied
    2,000 mile trip to S. Dakota last June I counted 7 GW and more Harleys than I could keep track of. Seems kinda strange though after reading the other GW forum I was expecting to see Harleys broke down, but I didn't see any. In fact while in Mitchell SD I spoke to one guy at a gas station that had just turned over 93,000mile on his Roadglide otw to Spokane from Indy.

Leave a comment:

• TR6Man
    replied
    I just came back from a 3600 mile trip to NS and PEI. Half a dozen to maybe 10 GW's and 100's of harley's.

Leave a comment:

• Tony in AZ
    replied
    We rode a few hundred mile day trip couple weekends back. Up the Salt river canyon to Show Low area. North through Snow Flake, over thru Payson... then back home. I saw 5 Goldwings , which is a high amount. Usually I only see 1 or 2 Wings. Most of the Goldwings were by them selves with one rider. Only one Wing had 2 ppl on it

Leave a comment:

• Rick S
    replied
    Today in north Arizona and Bryce And Zion NP it was 25 Harleys and 4 gold wings. I ride primary the western US as there are too many friggin trees back east and you can't see a friggin thing. If they would cut the trees down the Blue Ridge Parkway might be a good ride.

Leave a comment:

• travellingtenor
    replied
    Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
    I live and ride every day within 10 miles of Grapevine and I did not see one Wing on the road during WingDing.
    I am thinking temperature and humidity might have something to do with your observation. Some visitors from other states might not be prepared for those conditions..

Leave a comment:

• JGDJR
    replied
    Was wing ding close to your house???

Leave a comment:

• Cruiseman
    replied
    I live and ride every day within 10 miles of Grapevine and I did not see one Wing on the road during WingDing.

Leave a comment:

• JGDJR
    replied
    Not sure about GL's where you ride...But I just got back from Maggie Valley NC "Wheels Through Time"...I did see many Harley's...but the Wings really out numbered them. There was one group that had... my guess over 30 in the group...some trikes...and a few 1500's. Yes there have been days that, it is the other way around...but driving around NC at least last week...The Wings out numbered the Harley's

John

Leave a comment:

• Rick S
    started a topic Where are the Gold Wing?

Where are the Gold Wing?

i saw something somewhere where someone counted the Harleys seen vs Gold Wings on the road during a trip. I thought that's interesting so I started counting as well. I did not count any bikes inside city limits as they could be just ridden locally. All I counted was bikes outside of town. Highly scientific worthy of a noble prize I think. Anyway, as of last night between Altus, Ok and Page AZ which is roughly 950 miles, a mix of Interstate 40 and two lanes I've seen 65 Harleys and 8 wings-4 of which were triked. Probably 90% of the Harley were dressers. I remember when everyone had a wing, every other bike, it seemed, would be a wing. Sure has changed.

I hope Honda hits a home run with the new wing and don't screw it up, but it needs a freshing up for sure.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page