Would you support a Honda Hoot reprise?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you support a Honda Hoot reprise?

I miss the annual Honda Hoot in Knoxville. I wonder how many of you would support such an event?

Last edited by Cruiseman; 09-01-2017, 07:27 AM.
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
    I miss the annual Honda Hoot in Knoxville. I wonder how many of you would support such an event?
    I don't think it ended due to a lack of support.....It was a Honda corporate decision.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I doubt Honda will ever support a Hoot again. About the only reason the Hoot happened the last two years was due to the personality of Charlie who headed up the group that was trying to develop a Honda Riders club. (his full name escapes me now) Although the event may have been profitable for Knoxville, Ashville, and Richmond, and I know many vendors made money I doubt if Honda reaped much reward. And remember, the Wing and Touring by motorcycle was just starting to get going. Now the Wing has gotten stale, most riders have the products they already want from vendors, and many of us have gotten to old. Why do you think GWRRA has thrown itself open to any rider, to drum up interest and hopefully the Wing Ding in Knoxville, TN will be better attended in 2018.

Demo rides used to be a normal thing at events but over time their usefulness in selling product has been rather small. So you don't see them except at the big events.

Rocky is correct regarding the effect on the economy also. We see this in reduced motorcycle sales overall and certainly events such as the Hoot are way down the scale of possibility.

I'm not sure folks really want large events like the Hoot or wing Ding. They cry and moan about the location, the terrible cost of motel rooms, the heat and so forth. And many riders just don't like large events with organization.

My wife and I still talk and laugh about the Hoot in Richmond, KY. The rain, the tornado, the ride in the fog, the great food, the miles of fencing at the horse farms and so many other things there. The Hoots were all fun and great riding in different areas. We even went canoeing in Ashville. They all offered a lot to do if you just took advantage.

So would I like to see them come back, YES, and I would also love to see 19cent gas, 20cent burgers from MCDonalds and so forth!

Of Course nothing would keep Cruisman, other vendors from this list, and others from putting together some form of together. If nothing else, we could get together share some lies, relax, eat some good food, just meet each other!
      Harvey
      Ride Safe and Ride Often

I just want an excuse to go back to Knoxville!
        GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
        Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Wing Ding 2018 in Knoxville.......If you enjoy the annual GWRRA fleecing of the flock.....

The road calls! What other reason do you need?
            2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
            USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
            US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
            2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
            2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

I had been going to the Hoot for 3 years when in the 4th year they moved it to Knoxville. I did Knoxville there first year and never went back. Any riding north of Knoxville is like riding the middle of Wisconsin. From Knoxville its a good hour to the mountains. I live and work in Mpls/ St Paul. Knoxville traffic with I40 running through it was well, I could have stayed home and had that kind of fun. I passed through Knoxville this spring returning from a riding vacation and the truck traffic was ten fold of the year the Hoot was there. From my first year at the Hoot to the last the number of venders had dropped. This was before the Internet sales started. Even before the Hoot moved to Knoxville the motorcycle manufacturers had started to drop out and the venders were starting to drop out.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page