Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packed and ready to roll!

Oil changed. Tires checked, bike cleaned, and Tailwind packed.
    Early tomorrow morning, The wife and I are off on our annual anniversary motorcycle trip!

See you all in 10 days!

Be safe and have a great time!
    2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
    USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
    US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
    2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
    2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Happy Anniversary and ride safe. Nice trailer BTW.

Day 1 was just cruising back roads from central Texas to the Louisiana Mississippi state line.
        We stopped in Vidalia La and stayed in a Comfort Suites right on the Mississippi River.
        We had dinner at Johnnie Mae's Seafood Grill, just a few blocks from the hotel. Not a bad place, but be warned,
        Their lemonade has a bit more than just lemons in it. If you plan on having more than one, you may want to walk to and from the hotel.

Also picked up a nail in my rear tire. Fortunately, I keep a plug kit, and the Tailwinds built in compressor got that little inconvenience handled in short order.

Day 2 was spent on the Natchez Trace. Again, no hurry and since it is a 50mph road, that is a good thing.
        We stopped in Jackson and picked up some groceries. Later we pulled into a picnic area for a quick lunch, before continuing on and stoping for the night somewhere north of Tupelo Ms.

We will be on the road early again and head on out for Chattanooga.

Sounds like some fun, I love road trips and need to plan one soon. Hope the weather is good for your journey.
          Dave - Arizona - 2012/GL1800

Glad ya'll are having motorsickle fun! I luv to ride the Trace. Don't forget since you are near Tupelo to check out the Elvis Museum and the house he was raised up in. It's a very nice venue and easy to get to. And there is a lot of stuff to see around Chattanooga as well. Enjoy the ride with your bride.
            Jim Jackson, Smiths Station, AL
            My Week Has 6-Saturdays and One Sunday. 2012 GW, 2011 H-D
            "We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities"….Prentice Ritter, Broken Trail

The wife and I got back yesterday afternoon.
              Had a great time. Got to visit some good friends in the Chattanooga area and routed our way home so that we could stop in and see a friend from way back in my grade school days.
              The only hiccup to the trip was the rear tire.The plug held for almost 600 miles but developed a slow leak, so I replaced it at Southern Powersports in Chattanooga.
              2638 miles on the clock when I put the kickstand down in my garage.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page