Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Motorcycle Show

I just got an email promoting the International Motorcycle Show in Dallas and all they show as brands are BWM, Ducati, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Victory.

NO Honda
    NO KTM
    NO Aprilia
    NO Triumph
    NO Yamaha
    NO Vespa
    NO Indian
    NO Harley Davidson

Who in the Hell would want to go to a show with a handful of brands represented?
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Probably falling on hard times. I also noticed that they use to have 2 shows in CA, 1 down south in Long Beach and 1 up in the Bay area and they don't have the one in the Bay area anymore.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix
    Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I have only been to one of those, and even with most brands represented, I was not really impressed enough to go to a second one.
      It does seem odd though that so many big names are not going to be represented. Make me think that these shows have proven to be ineffective marketing tools in the past.

I have s freind that owns an aftermarket motorcycle parts shop and his shop has been at the Mpls Mn show for years. Seams a new outfit started running the the shows a year ago. Cost of being at the show skyrocketed last year. When he bulked last year the promoter backed off the pricing a little bit. As of the first of the year they haven't called to see if he wanted to be at the show in Feb or give him a price. My be the beginning of the end.

Like a lot of these shows, costs continue to go up and audience continues to show less interest nor do they want to continue to pay higher admissions for less product.
          Dave - Arizona - 2012/GL1800

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
            I just got an email promoting the International Motorcycle Show in Dallas and all they show as brands are BWM, Ducati, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Victory.

NO Honda
            NO KTM
            NO Aprilia
            NO Triumph
            NO Yamaha
            NO Vespa
            NO Indian
            NO Harley Davidson

Who in the Hell would want to go to a show with a handful of brands represented?
            The vendors are picking and choosing which shows they are coming to...

Like many in the powersport industry, the 'old' ways of product introduction and promotion are dwindling away.

The Bar-and-Shield brand?? Doesn't that happen every August in a sleepy town in South Dakota?

:D

You can find a vendor list on this page

http://www.motorcycleshows.com/city/dallas-tx
              Larry
              Red 2008 GL1800 (The Fastest Color)

From your link....Vendor / exhibitor list includes AMERICAN HONDA MOTORS and HARLEY DAVIDSON... floor plan shows large space for both. Looks like they took Seattle of the list for this year as well.

Originally posted by Rollin View Post
                  From your link....Vendor / exhibitor list includes AMERICAN HONDA MOTORS and HARLEY DAVIDSON... floor plan shows large space for both. Looks like they took Seattle of the list for this year as well.
                  I think it may depend on the city. I heard from a local Honda dealer that Honda was not going to be in the Dallas show.

Originally posted by BAWing View Post
                    You can find a vendor list on this page

http://www.motorcycleshows.com/city/dallas-tx
                    That is a link to last year's show

It could be last years schedule, I have never been to a national show, kinda wish I could get away to this one anyway.
                      Larry
                      Red 2008 GL1800 (The Fastest Color)

Here is Chicago 2017 line up. American Honda will be threr. I had missread the list. .http://motorcycleshows.com/sites/mot.../CHI%201_3.pdf

I would always attend the CA show in the Bay area every other year but I stopped going about 2 yrs before they pulled out of the Bay area. After the first show I learned one very valuable lesson......leave your credit card at home.
                          When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
                          Jimi Hendrix
                          Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page