Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Lost Another One...

Thru the years I have owned 3 Goldwings, beginning with an 83 Interstate, then a 89, and finally a 2008 Comfort/Navi. The Goldwing is an awesome motorcycle, it just didn't fit me anymore.
    I traded my 2008 Goldwing in on a 2016 Indian Roadmaster. A BIG Thank You to all the people on this forum that go out of their way to help those who need it.

Ride Safe Everyone

Hope you enjoy your new ride!
    Whoever said money can’t buy happiness, never paid for a divorce

IBA # 40576

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Ride safe!
      2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
      USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
      US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
      2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
      2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

I hope you check back in and let us all know how the Roadmaster treats you.

Happy travels. Enjoy your new bike.
          When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
          Jimi Hendrix
          Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

Eventually, we'll all need to down shift and get into the slow lane.
            George - 2013 F6B Standard - Largo, FL

• workhorse
              workhorse commented
              Editing a comment
              Now be nice, LOL

• srt8-in-largo
              srt8-in-largo commented
              Editing a comment
              Am I lying? :-D

I thought about giving up my Gold Wing for an Indian Roadmaster, that is until I test rode one. The Indian Roadmaster is really under powered for the size of the bike, it weighs in at 900 pounds. The thunder stroke 111 ci engine produces 107 ft. pounds of torque with 76hp. Compare that with the GL1800's 111 ci engine that produces 118hp and 123 ft. pounds of torque, Yes, I kept my Gold Wing.
            Vietnam Veteran 69-70 9th ID
            Member: Military Order of the Purple Heart
            Member: GWTA-Oregon

Originally posted by PapasRide View Post
              Thru the years I have owned 3 Goldwings, beginning with an 83 Interstate, then a 89, and finally a 2008 Comfort/Navi. The Goldwing is an awesome motorcycle, it just didn't fit me anymore.
              I traded my 2008 Goldwing in on a 2016 Indian Roadmaster. A BIG Thank You to all the people on this forum that go out of their way to help those who need it.

Ride Safe Everyone
              Congrats on the new Scoot.

Anyone watch the Harley Davidson mini-series that is on the Discovery channel? They are doing a hit-piece on Indian by portraying them as being the underhanded, unethical rival only interested in the $$$ and not the industry. Don't personally know if what is being portrayed is true or not.

Originally posted by workhorse View Post

Congrats on the new Scoot.

Anyone watch the Harley Davidson mini-series that is on the Discovery channel? They are doing a hit-piece on Indian by portraying them as being the underhanded, unethical rival only interested in the $$$ and not the industry. Don't personally know if what is being portrayed is true or not.
                Oh wow, that's interesting. I wanted to catch that but couldn't make it. I may have to Google some American bike history now to see if that's true.

I'm sure I'm not in a position to teach anybody here about hp or tq, but for me, a unit analysis is helpful to reveal what we're dealing with.

Torque is the "less important" quantity for me. The units are of angular force; this is what pushes your bike down the road. Without it, or without enough of it, the engine couldn't move you. With too much of it, or more than needed, the bike spins the tire. Lots of torque is fun for doing burn outs but it's not important to have much of it.

Horsepower is the "more important" quantity, again IMO, for me, because I enjoy a machine that performs. The units are work per time; which is an indicator of how fast your engine performs work. Since the "work" being performed here is the act of propelling your ass down the road, this is what we want the most of. The more hp, the more work per unit time, the faster your ass goes.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page