Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breakfast at deals gap 8/29/14

will be a zoo so no riding laps but could meet and ride elsewhere!
    thanks to the following folks
    1-traxxion//2-heli bars//3-sierra electronics//4-alley kat exhaust//5-schroaders Honda//6-129 slayer.com//7-killboy.com//8-windbender shields//9-dealsgap.com//10-wingstuff//11-mojo tools

the 24 hrs of deals gap//1001.7 miles//23 hrs and 52 min//29,786 turns
    avg. 19 mpg

Dang I was just there the 27th & 28th
    Northeast, Alabama
    1995 GL1500, 2004 GL1800 & 2007 Aero 750

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

well went to the gap and got there at 7:15,did an out and back,was just plain empty,sat at the overlook for 20 mins. and not one car/bike/truck went by,lol

met shorter and his wife at the store and had breakfast,as is the normal they were great folks!!!

I hope you had a nice day and a nice finish to your trip!!

so later I met these sport bike guys from mich.nice bunch of guys and we did a lap,i was slower than most but faster than a cpl but what a bunch of great guys!

we seemed to add guys to our group all day and what a bunch it was!!

I got my arse handed to me by a motard which in it self is nothing new,but the guy in this case only had one working arm!!!!!

we had a motard with a milk crate and a bell like off a gurls bicycle,a mix of sport bikes,at one point we had like 12 guys and bikes and everyone was cool and fun,i can say I have never had more fun with guys I did not know!!!

also ran into poptart,"popchances"kid,cant say enough about this young man!he was riding with two folks on sport bikes,one guy and one girl,well I started behind all 3 of them,after a bit the one guy let me by and I thought"i will get this girl and set off after poptart"I know he is faster but its all fun right"well after a dozen corners the girl started getting in her groove and I figured I mite as well stay behind her"ok like I really had a choice,lol"
      poptart was riding a sv650 with sport bike forks and motor work that he did himself and the parts looked like a pro did it!!

I started out the day thinking I would just hang and mingle and it turned out I met a dozen of the coolest folks,they made me feel young,,ok well in the beginning I felt younger by the end I was so tired I felt old again,hahahaha

we can joke about being fast all day long,bust each other on riding and lines but in the end the people is what makes this fun for me!!!!

thanks to the following folks
      1-traxxion//2-heli bars//3-sierra electronics//4-alley kat exhaust//5-schroaders Honda//6-129 slayer.com//7-killboy.com//8-windbender shields//9-dealsgap.com//10-wingstuff//11-mojo tools

the 24 hrs of deals gap//1001.7 miles//23 hrs and 52 min//29,786 turns
      avg. 19 mpg

Sounds like you had a great time, Rick. Glad you were able to get so many runs in before things got crazy for the weekend.

Enjoy your Labor Day holiday……safely.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page