Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake recall question....

My question is what did the dealer miss or do wrong?

I had the brake recall work done a couple weeks ago. A very short ride home and the brakes seemed ok at the time but today when I took it out for a long run I find I had to pump the crap out of the back brake every time I needed to stop. The front was also taken care of when I did the recall. The front brakes are good. The bike will be going back in next week to see what the dealer missed. There are new pads on the bike, front and back last fall so only about a thousand miles on the bike so I don't think that's an issue. Fluid level is where it should be.

Just curious if any others have had such an issue with the recall or is my local honda dealer just an idiot!

It sounds like air in the rear brake system but shoddy work in any case.
    Harvey Barlow
    Crosby County, TX
    2010 Goldwing Level II Pearl Yellow (sold at 93,000 miles)
    2014 Goldwing Level II Pearl Blue (sold at 27,000 miles to forum member)

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Time for a "Rocky" brake bleed.

Thanks guys... I took the bike back in this morning, they bled the brakes, no charge. Working great now like they should! Thanks again!

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Related Topics

Collapse

• Haste Maker
          Lastest Brake Recall
          by Haste Maker
          I talked with my dealer today about the brake recall, and he told me that he had 2012 wing in his shop with locked-up brakes...this bike wasn't listed in the recall vin.numbers...
          09-30-2014, 05:17 PM
        • HBarlow
          Goldwing Brake Recall
          by HBarlow
          I had the Honda Goldwing factory brake recall done on my 2014 wing yesterday. The recall requires replacement of both the master cylinder and the secondary master cylinder, brake system flush, and fluid...
          12-17-2015, 08:02 AM
        • Bama Jack
          After Brake Recall Issue
          by Bama Jack
          One of my friends just had an after Brake Recall experience that I haven't heard of........how about you? Sounds like the recall work didn't work.
          Brake recall completed 01/02/16 and...
          03-08-2016, 08:06 AM
        • Basil Faulty
          No Brakes
          by Basil Faulty
          Rode the bike to work this morning, everything was great. Went to leave after work grab the brake lever and all the way to the handlebars it went...hmmm. Tried the rear brake and same thing, really odd.
          10-21-2015, 07:01 PM
        • zzcop8
          Brake Recall question
          by zzcop8
          This is a question for those who have had your VIN checked for the Brake Recall. What I am curious about is the wings on the list vs those that are not, also whether you have ABS or not . My Wing is a...
          09-11-2014, 09:31 PM
        Working...
        X