Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hats Off to Dairyland Insurance!

I have already praised my experience with Maxim Honda, so I thought it only appropriate to express my gratitude in public for my experience with Dairyland Insurance. I called Dairyland to file a claim the same day as my accident. The operator took all of my information and gave the name and phone number of my adjuster, Emily Aldrich. The accident was on a Saturday and I was told I should hear from Emily by Monday or Tuesday. Sure enough, I received a phone call on Tuesday morning and Emily could not have been nicer. She told me that a local appraiser would meet me at Maxim Honda on Friday to see the bike and assess the settlement.

On Friday, I met Jesse Garcia at Maxim and he discussed the damages with Dane at Maxim. He said he would file his report the following day, which he did. He emailed me a copy of his settlement estimate. Dairyland agreed to pay to have the engine repaired. My policy also includes rental car reimbursement, and since the bike is my daily driver, they arranged to have a Toyota Carrolla for me to use from Enterprise while the bike was being repaired.

I received my settlement check from Dairyland (Sentry) exactly 10 days after the accident, and initial claim filing. IMO, that is very impressive and fast turnaround. This is the first vehicle insurance claim I have made in more than 30 years, so I had no idea what to expect. Of course, I have heard all kinds of horror stories from others about insurance claims, but I could be more pleased with the service I have received from Dairyland. Emily and Jesse were both very polite and service-oriented.

After 36 days from the date of the accident, my bike is back in the garage and in perfect condition. What more could I ask for?

I highly recommend Dairyland Insurance!
    Last edited by Cruiseman; 03-12-2016, 09:35 AM.
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Glad to hear it.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Why sweat the leg thing when I can still ride a Goldwing
    Member of the Hann-Amigo Trio

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Nice to have that rental car option added to your policy....wish I would have had that when we wrecked on vacation a few years ago....could have saved me some serious money.

Congratulations on a successful repair in a very reasonable period of time. I'm pleased to read about how professionally Dairyland Insurance responded to your claim and paid for the repair.

My Goldwing has been insured by Dairyland for about three or four years now. I've had no claims, thankfully, but am comforted to know that they pay up promptly.

I'll continue recommending Dairyland Insurance to other riders. Their premium rates were hundreds of dollars cheaper than Progressive.
        Harvey Barlow
        Crosby County, TX
        2010 Goldwing Level II Pearl Yellow (sold at 93,000 miles)
        2014 Goldwing Level II Pearl Blue (sold at 27,000 miles to forum member)

Sounds to me like the only thing left to do is mount up and enjoy the ride.

Cruiseman, glad to hear your bike is back home and that Dairyland didn't give you the run-around.

Dairyland

Cruiseman,
                Glad you had a good experience with Dairyland and are back on the road.
                I gatta say though, your experience with Emily was completely different than mine. Started out good, even got a nice letter from her explaining how she was the 'go-to-person' with any questions I had. But after that she would never return my calls or emails. I was finally contacted by someone else who wasn't much better. He wouldn't or couldn't answer my questions and before moving one from one part of the claim to the next phase, I had to call. I was not at all happy that it took three months to settle my claim.
                My bike was a total. The claim should have gone much smoother.

Glad you got your bike back...Dairyland sounds like a good company

John
                  John - Richmond 2013 GL1800, Level 3

Glad to hear there are still some good companies out there willing to treat their customers right..
                    Northeast, Alabama
                    1995 GL1500, 2004 GL1800 & 2007 Aero 750

I will be interested to see what happens when it comes time for me to renew my policy next Fall.

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
                        I will be interested to see what happens when it comes time for me to renew my policy next Fall.
                        Me too, like they may want some of their money back one way or another.
                        Dave - High up in Arizona - 2012/GL1800

Great info. Renewing this week.
                          Never filed a claim through them so all your feedback is great info.
                          Thanks
                          Crawdaddyjc: Titanium 08 GL1800
                          Northeast Ga

96 shadow ace vt1100

Dairyland may very well increase your premium at renewal time but that's usually the way it works. We can hardly blame the insurer. As I recall you haven't been insured with Dairyland very long and they just paid out about $11,000 on your behalf. At an annual premium of $500 it will take them more than 20 years to get their money back. And that's only true if you never have another claim.
                            Harvey Barlow
                            Crosby County, TX

Why should they go up on his rates? If he had not had a problem & continued to pay them...would they lower his rates...just because he is a good guy...no they would have took his money & just "maybe" would have said "thanks"

Insurance premiums are based on measurement of risk for the overall insured pool and for each insured person. When someone makes a claim they demonstrate they are a higher risk.

Insurance companies are not providing a free service. They are not the government.

We have a choice. If the insurance company increases our premium we can choose another insurer.
                                Harvey Barlow
                                Crosby County, TX

I know this...why would I need you to tell me?

Originally posted by Haste Maker View Post
                                    Why should they go up on his rates? If he had not had a problem & continued to pay them...would they lower his rates...just because he is a good guy...no they would have took his money & just "maybe" would have said "thanks"
                                    Because you asked this question. You asked a question and I provided a polite answer.
                                    Harvey Barlow
                                    Crosby County, TX

My homeowners insurance went up 45% last year and I have never made a claim. Insurance companies don't need an excuse to raise rates, they just need their friends in big government.

Originally posted by HBarlow View Post

Because you asked this question. You asked a question and I provided a polite answer.
                                        Thanks very much for your very polite answer...I guess I should have made it clear that my first post on this subject was posted as a joke..

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page