Riding boots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clayusmcret View Post

I got the Kuryakyn mini-boards and shifted the left one slightly down in the front. Now it's got to be a really stiff boot not to fit adequately.
    Yeah I've got the same thing. I mean it's more than doable. You have to admit it's not the best shifting situation out there. I've gotten used to it. Just shouldn't be an issue to begin with.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by 530ktm View Post
      I wear Georgia work boots, very comfortable and fit under shifter nicely. They come steel toe as well but I do not have that feature.
      Exactly what I wear.
      Best boot I ever wore riding a motorcycle

Originally posted by ShooterF6B View Post

The GL platform has got to be the most difficult shifting situation of any bike I've ever ridden. One guy above said Tennis Shoes. That sounds bad but I bet he shifts good. The UnderArmour boots I talked about are kinda like a Tennis Shoe boot.
        Not with a Shifter kit installed. I made the linkage adjustable. So you can adjust the lever up or down,
        depending on your shoe size.
        It also has less ankle movement, for a more positive shift each and everytime

You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Kuryakyn mini boards with a 1 notch downward tilt in front.
          All good.
          I don't miss shifts.

Originally posted by JGDJR View Post
            I for one will Never wear boots that have laces in them...or buckles...

John
            Why?
            I never had or have an issue with my lace boots.

Originally posted by flat6bagger View Post

Why?
              I never had or have an issue with my lace boots.
              There's a chance that the loop of your laces will hang up on the shift or brake lever just as you're putting your foot down at a stop. If this happens, your foot won't make it the whole way to the pavement, and you'll end up on the ground.

I've never had it happen to me, but I have read reports of it happening to others.
              White '08 Navi
              SW OH

very old thread

GET A NEW 2018 "DCT" 7 SPEED WITH "NO SHIFTER" AT ALL... THEN IT WON'T MATTER WHAT YOU WEAR!! HOUSE SHOES, SANDALS, TENNIE RUNNERS..DRESS SHOES OR BOOTS...though I would NEVER recommend wearing any of these except boots...But Hey, No shifter means NO Worries,,BE BOLD,,BE FREE,,but BE SENSIBLE !!!

ChrisE, I would agree about Sidi boots! They are expensive, but awesome! I have these boots + a pair of Cruiserworks!

https://fortnine.ca/en/sidi-armada-gore-tex-boots

Well since this thread got renewed I will update and am enjoying Sidi Canyons for the last 4 years.
                      2013 Black F6B

I went with Daytona Arrow Sport GTX boots as they zipper down and expose the Gore-Tex boot so I can get my 90 degree fused ankle into the boot. I would love to have a taller boot but I just can't get my ankle into tall boots, let alone a lot of different shorter boots. Although I'm limited in choices, this is a great boot and seems like it would protect reasonably well. If I had a true CE rated boot, instead of some generic full height leather boot, when I had my accident, maybe, just maybe, my ankle/metatarsal bones wouldn't have broken. If you have an ankle situation, check out this boot. As you can see on photo link, they really open up big and about an inch or two from the sole.
                        Attached Files
                        kiptap - Paul
                        Bolingbrook, IL (Greater Chicago Area)
                        1979 Kawasaki Z 200
                        1981 Kawasaki GPZ 550
                        1996 Honda GL 1500SE
                        2018 Honda GL 1800DJ

• kiptap
                          kiptap commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I can never figure out how to cleanly post photos on this board.

I like when some of these old threads get brought back up.
                        It is cool to see what technology has changed.
                        what others have tried,etc.
                        This thread is a good example.

Originally posted by flat6bagger View Post

Exactly what I wear.
                          Best boot I ever wore riding a motorcycle
                          Well this was from a long time ago and those Georgia Boots are long gone. I have been wearing Bates Military style boots that have a zipper on side along with laces and they are extremely comfortable. I too have never had problems with laces while riding bikes so not a concern with me.
                          Dave - Arizona - 2012/GL1800

I have the BMW Genuine Motorcycle AirFlow 3 boots for hot weather and in the winter I have some Harley boots are waterproof that zip up. I hear they are made by Wolverine.

Tired the Daytona GTX but my calf was to big had to return them, I just ordered a pair of Klim Outlander GTX boots.
                              here is why I pulled the trigger on them;
                              Blending the features of a protective touring boot and hiking boot, the Outlander provides peg support and joint and toe protection on the bike while offering the flexibility and traction of a hiking boot off the bike. Engineered for travel-focused adventure. I like to get off the GW and not be changing out stiff boots, these should fit the style and cater what I desire in a 4-season touring boot. Yes, a bit pricey but were cheaper than the $400 Daytona GT
                              • On And Off The Bike Functionality
                              • Street-Worthy Motorcycle And Four-Season Hiking Boot
                              • GORE-TEX
                              • Guaranteed To Keep You Dry
                              • Over-Ankle Height
                              • Single BOA Lacing System With Open Lace Guides That Shed Debris
                              • Traction Pattern Designed For Wide Ranges Of Conditions
                              • Engineered Heel To Toe Full Width Lasting Board Provides Support
                              • Reinforced Rigid Toe And Heel
                              • Full D30 Protection Over Ankles And In Tongue
                              • Bio Motion Reflectivity
                              • Reinforced Scratch Rubber In High Wear Areas
                              • Flexible Outsole
                              • Nestfit Technology
                              Attached Files

Originally posted by Kenichi View Post
                                Blending the features of a protective touring boot and hiking boot,
                                Ya, that's nice... I usually carry another set of shoes with me.

[*]Single BOA Lacing System With Open Lace Guides That Shed Debris
                                Yup, I'm using a set of knee-high winter boots with that BOA system.... I really like it after using it for a bit, its the only way I can get my ankle into them.

Yes, a bit pricey but were cheaper than the $400 Daytona GT
                                Ya, looks like a real good boot, I like the Daytona's, but those seem to be darn good alternative.
                                kiptap - Paul
                                Bolingbrook, IL (Greater Chicago Area)
                                1979 Kawasaki Z 200
                                1981 Kawasaki GPZ 550
                                1996 Honda GL 1500SE
                                2018 Honda GL 1800DJ

I have a narrow foot so Dainese work for me. Wasn't sure if I wanted them or a pair of Sidis so I ordered both from Revzillaand wore them around the house for a few days. I returned the Sidi's (no restocking fee). Paying shipping well worth getting a pair of boots that fit well.

2005 Silver Bullet

Tour Master Solution WP Air because of price and size 15. Very comfortable on and off the bike. Waterproof.
                                    2018 Gold Wing DCT Tour in Pearl Hawkseye Blue. Goldstrike LED Trunk Light Kit. Electrical Connection Fog Lights. Show Chrome GT Tour Multifunction LED Cowl Light Kit.

Originally posted by recon View Post

Buy from RevZilla, if you don't wear them to actually ride in you can return them. I can use the edge of my boot to shift (Daytona) Expensive but far more comfortable than my old Sidis. Regardless
                                      comfortable boots are a big deal to me . I think you will be able to shift with sidi. Good Luck!
                                      Actually, I've returned two pairs of Tour Master Solution boots after having used them. On one pair the zipper failed on one boot and on the other pair the loop used to help pull the boot on broke on one boot. Both times they gave me a credit/full refund to purchase a new pair.
                                      2018 Gold Wing DCT Tour in Pearl Hawkseye Blue. Goldstrike LED Trunk Light Kit. Electrical Connection Fog Lights. Show Chrome GT Tour Multifunction LED Cowl Light Kit.

I have some Harley boots for cooler weather, I've been told there made by Wolverine and some BMW vented boots for the summer.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page