Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to the Progressive Motorcycle Show

I guess I will go check out the show tomorrow in Dallas. Is anyone else going this year?
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

I don't think they could pay enough money to get me to step foot in any place associated with Progressive Insurance. You should suggest they move it to Austin.
    Richard
    Darksider #390
    Murgie's FAQ

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I will be riding up from San Antonio on Sunday. I have to work Saturday.

Originally posted by TravelinLite View Post
        I don't think they could pay enough money to get me to step foot in any place associated with Progressive Insurance. You should suggest they move it to Austin.
        Not a fan of Progressive, but I dropped their insurance in protest and went with Dairyland. I don't think Progressive makes money on show, they are just a sponsor.

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post

Not a fan of Progressive, but I dropped their insurance in protest and went with Dairyland. I don't think Progressive makes money on show, they are just a sponsor.
          Cruiseman, how do you like Dairyland ? How were the rates compared to your last company ? I just found out about them at the last show I attended.

Originally posted by workhorse View Post

Cruiseman, how do you like Dairyland ? How were the rates compared to your last company ? I just found out about them at the last show I attended.
            Rates are incredible. Have not had to make a claim, thankfully, but I have ben very pleased with the service so far. I am paying about 1/2 of what I was with Progressive.

Went to the show today. Exhibit space is about 1/2 the size of what it was 5 years ago. Seems like it gets smaller every year. No Aprilia. No Vespa. No Triumph. Honda has apparently hit a home run with the Africa Twin, more people hanging around that display than any other. Ducati booth had the best looking ladies working there. I probably won't go to another show, ut I say that every time I go.

When I started riding again in summer of 2008 after a 30 year break I contacted my long time insurance company, USAA, for insurance and was referred to Progressive. USAA doesn't write motorcycle coverage. I don't like Progressive but needed insurance so I bought a policy with the section of Progressive that services only USAA members. Rates were high but I didn't know the difference then.

When it came time to renew after the first year I had heard of Dairyland from Wingers on the unmentionable site so I called. Annual premium was less than half what I was paying at Progressive. So long Progressive and your chairman's politics!

However, in fairness to Progressive - a kid driving his daddy's pickup drove into my lane and the side of my VW TDI last year. He was insured by Progressive. The Progressive adjuster was extremely professional, prompt, and accommodating. Couldn't have asked for better service as a claimant.
                Harvey Barlow
                Crosby County, TX
                2010 Goldwing Level II Pearl Yellow (sold at 93,000 miles)
                2014 Goldwing Level II Pearl Blue (sold at 27,000 miles to forum member)

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
                  Went to the show today. Exhibit space is about 1/2 the size of what it was 5 years ago. Seems like it gets smaller every year. No Aprilia. No Vespa. No Triumph. Honda has apparently hit a home run with the Africa Twin, more people hanging around that display than any other. Ducati booth had the best looking ladies working there. I probably won't go to another show, ut I say that every time I go.
                  No Triumph? Crap. I am a big triumph fan and wanted to see the new Bonnie's.

Different items are at different locations of the show. Some of the smaller vendors will only turn up at the really big locations - think NYC/LA regions specifically.

Quite a difference between Phoenix & Long Beach - or so I've heard - in who shows up. They're only 400 miles apart, but vastly different markets.
                    Ken (IBA #50030) & Grace (IBA #62768)Tucson, AZ"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕMy blog

I went to the last Atlanta show. There had been a gap of several years between the last two shows. I went on my memories of two shows ago. I was sorely disappointed. I felt like I threw away 15 bucks. I won't go again unless somebody gives me a ticket. The twice yearly local shows they have north of town put it to shame.
                      Bullyboy
                      2006 GL1800 / 1982 GL500
                      Kuhmo Ecsta SPT
                      DS # 816

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page