X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me tease someone...

I need some help...

Now, first off, I'm not on the Book of Face, but my wife is. My best friend from high school (~35 years ago...) recently put a couple of pictures onto that entity - with a motorcycle. I've *never* known him to be a enthusiast of any type - this must be his middle-aged crazy moment - and was probably from our last conversation eyeball-to-eyeball a few months ago.

It's one of those 'H' bikes - no, not 'Henderson' Now, not that he's really big into the Bar and Shield type of stuff that I can tell (though he's already posed with a couple of those shirts...), I'm looking to give him some motorcycling advice.

So, I bought him a t-shirt:

Your job: Twisted, non-'H' bike specific jabs that I can cobble together into a top-10 list, so that I can print 'em out and send it to him this weekend.
    Ken (IBA #50030) & Grace (IBA #62768)Tucson, AZ"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕMy blog

Donor cycle ?
    Honda
    Hold
    On
    Not
    Done
    Accelerating yet!!
    DS#1146 IBA#55800 50CC,BBG, BB1500 x2, SS2K, SS1Kx3 CERTIFIED ALL DS, PGR RC
    2010 Level3 Endeavor Reverse Trike

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I don't jab at these guys since I have ridden H Bikes for 30 plus years and I still like them. Anyone that rides bikes, any kind at that, is a bike rider. Kind of like dirt bikes, everyone likes something different and we all have fun. I like KTM's yet I have had Yamahas and Hondas. They all have two wheels and are fun. I got to say those H bikes sure sound good at times.
      Dave - High up in Arizona - Black Metallic 2019 DCT

The answer:

Saddlebags can never hold everything you want, but they CAN hold everything you need.

'Oh S#!t!' is usually the moment when your plan parts ways with reality
        People are like Motorcycles: each is customized a bit differently.
        People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
        Ride, eat, sleep...repeat.
        Don't ride so late into the night that you sleep through the sunrise - though some rides like this are epic rides!
        Middle age starts when you have been warned to slow down, not by a motorcycle cop, but by your doctor.
        If you can't get it going with bungee cords and electrician's tape it's serious.
        Winter is Nature's way of telling you to polish...and, you'll have some time for this.
        Keep your bike in good repair: Motorcycle boots are NOT comfortable for walking.
        There are bold riders. There are old riders. There are NO old, bold riders.
        Bikes (or cop cars) parked out front mean good food inside.
        Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
        If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
        When you're riding lead don't spit.
        Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.
        Don't argue with an 18 wheeler or a train.
        Never argue with a woman holding a torque wrench; she may have a better understaing of how it operates than you do.
        Got a $5 head? Get a $5 helmet. Correlary: If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.
        Well-trained reflexes are quicker than luck.
        A good rider has balance, judgment, and good timing. So does a good lover.
        Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
        The twisties, not the superslabs, separate the riders from the squids.
        Never be afraid to slow down - or speed up.
        A good long ride can clear your mind, restore your faith, and use up a lot of fuel.
        A good mechanic will let you watch without charging you for it.
        It’s not what you ride, it’s your attitude that it counts.
        Remember the time when sex was safe and motorcycles where dangerous?
        Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
        The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.
        It didn’t look that far on the map.
        There's something ugly about a bike on a trailer.
        If the countryside seems boring, stop, get off your bike, and go sit in the ditch long enough to appreciate what was here before the asphalt came.
        Learn to do counterintuitive things that may someday save your butt.
        Remember to pay as much attention to your partner as you do your carburetor.
        The only good view of a thunderstorm is in your rearview mirror.
        It takes more love to share the saddle than it does to share the bed.
        It takes both pistons and cylinders to make a bike run. One is not more important than the other.
        Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.
        Young riders pick a destination and go... Old riders pick a direction and go.
        Patience is the ability to keep your motor idling.
        Never be ashamed to unlearn an old habit - or two.
        You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.
        Whatever it is, it's better in the wind.
        If you want to get somewhere before sundown, you can't stop at every tavern.
        Never hesitate to ride past the last street light at the edge of town.
        Riding faster than everyone else only guarantees you'll ride alone.
        You start the game with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you empty the pot of luck.
        No matter what marque you ride, it's all the same wind.
        Keep thy eye on the tach and thine ears on the engine lest thy whirlybits seek communion with the sun. John 4:50
        Ken (IBA #50030) & Grace (IBA #62768)Tucson, AZ"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕMy blog

Harleys don't leak. They mark their territory...
          Bullyboy
          2006 GL1800 / 1982 GL500
          Kuhmo Ecsta SPT
          DS # 816

If I wanted 50 year old technology, I'd buy a real antique.
            George - 2013 F6B Standard - Largo, FL

Originally posted by bullyboy View Post
              Harleys don't leak. They mark their territory...
              They don't leak, maybe 30 years ago but not today. My Wing leaked shortly after I bought it. Final drive gasket, but it leaked.
              Dave - High up in Arizona - Black Metallic 2019 DCT

The item was received last week; the item was thoroughly appreciated...

What, no video?

George - 2013 F6B Standard - Largo, FL

Nope...the victim is in Virginia

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page