Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Wing

I see Honda has the 2016 models on the U.S. site. I like the black with the gold stripe. Don't care for the white /black scheme on the Wing and F6b. No listing for the 16 Valk which doesn't suprise me considering the bad sales.
    2013 Black F6B

Looks like the same GL1800 as last year.
    Fromt the web images, viewed with my tired old eyes, I can't tell if the one is white on or silver with black. but either way it looks pretty good.

I hope this doesn't turn into a Honda sucks thread!

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

"The Motorcycle That Defines What A Touring Bike Should Be. If there’s one thing that sets a Honda apart, it’s our dedication to superior engineering. Make that two things—in addition to that innovative design, Honda’s build quality is second to none. You can see it in your Gold Wing’s fit and finish, but you also see it in how well your Gold Wing runs, and for how long. The Honda Gold Wing is the absolute gold standard in motorcycling, that’s for sure. You’ll realize it on your first ride. But, more important, you’ll still know it’s true 1,000 rides later.
      Revolutionary. Extraordinary. Standard-setting. It's what you've come to expect of the Gold Wing. And that’s especially true with our latest model."

Comment cut and pasted from the Honda Powersports website. It works for me.

Harvey Barlow
      Crosby County, TX
      2010 Goldwing Level II Pearl Yellow (sold at 93,000 miles)
      2014 Goldwing Level II Pearl Blue (sold at 27,000 miles to forum member)

The white/black F6B looks like a cop bike.
        I'm sure it will appeal to some. We won't see them up here in the flesh until at least next March.

How did I know the 2016 was going to be the SOS just a different diaper from good ole Honda again.

Off erring only 3 colors is what I find insulting. talk about "Which one of them dam red bikes is mine when I come out of the bar???????

Got to get me another dam Antenna ball so I can find the bike my key fits in!!

And once again. Honda saw fit to only use a stripe DECAL on the Grey/Black Metallic of the 3 colors available.. Why Thank you for your extravagant generosity there Honda--Not!!

Thank you Honda for not bringing back that hideous school bus yellow.

I found the above here. http://powersports.honda.com/2016/gold-wing.aspx
          Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
          "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".
          Current bikes.
          1981 CB900C 10 speed (Restored)
          1986 GL1200 SEi
          2004 GL1800

Originally posted by jmohme View Post
            Looks like the same GL1800 as last year.
            Fromt the web images, viewed with my tired old eyes, I can't tell if the one is white on or silver with black. but either way it looks pretty good.

I hope this doesn't turn into a Honda sucks thread!
            Honda calls that Matte Altair Silver.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
            Jimi Hendrix
            Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

Disappointed that Honda did not even see fit to make some updates to the electronics. and Tupperware.
              GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
              Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Well, you can always exercise your right to buy a Hardley-Ableson with the V twin they've been building since 1903 and belt drive or a BMW K1600 with a snazzy wheel on the left bar to select your audio choices.
                Harvey Barlow
                Crosby County, TX

Y.A.W.N. Well, at this point, I'd say it's going to be 2020 before we see a redesign. I'm SURE we will see more weird, ugly, undesirable models that don't sell, rolled out though!!!! Doh!!!

• Cruiseman
                    Cruiseman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Could not agree more.

Hmm, I like the black pipes.
                    George - 2013 F6B Standard - Largo, FL

They still did not extend the exhaust tips...
                      John - Richmond 2013 GL1800, Level 3

• Cruiseman
                        Cruiseman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The just don't care.

Mine are extended thanks to what I learned here on the forum. I just had to overpay an F6B owner for his takeoffs.
                      Harvey Barlow
                      Crosby County, TX

I am with you Cruiseman at lease some electronic updates same old stuff don't like any of the colors??? Happy with what i have.
                        2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

Me too. I was completely happy with my yellow 2010 until the seventh week it was in the shop. Previous to that minor problem and delay in getting it repaired under warranty I had no plan to buy a new one. I'm also completely satisfied with my blue 2014 now.

IMO, any GL1800 of any year is the best choice available for a touring motorcycle.
                          Harvey Barlow
                          Crosby County, TX

My situation is a little unique. I want a new motorcycle, something different. I had hoped it would be a new Goldwing. As for my business, when and if Honda does decide to introduce a new Wing, I will need to buy one so that I can update my video series. But, with no guarantee that Honda is ever going to do that, I am now considering a new Kawasaki Versys 1000 or something similar to add to my stable. I don't want to sell my 2012 and buy a new 2016 Wing only to have Honda come out with a new Wing in 2017. Then, I would have to sell the 2016 to buy a 2017. So, I may as well keep the 2012 until Honda does something new (if ever). Instead of spending more with Honda in 2016, I will probably buy another bike from Kawasaki, BMW or someone else since Honda does not make another bike that interests me.
                            GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
                            Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

You are right, but probably you will not be completely satisfied with any other bike for a long distance ride. That is what I find to be the case. I checked out the Beemers and others but nothing can compare to two up riding for long distance like the Wing. It is a tricky situation, I love Harleys, have for 30 plus years, but my last Road King sucked for long distance riding for my wife and me. I personally do not give a crap about all the electronic and gizmo stuff available, even in my Caddy. I want something comfortable and fun to ride or drive and so far the Wing comes into place, even if it is out dated. I understand that you may have an issue with the business end of this though. You can buy the new other brand of bike and test it out and then come back and tell all of us that it is not what you thought it would be. I never thought that I would own a Goldwing motorcycle, but I love the thing and it will take a huge improvement to ever make me consider making any change.
                              Dave - High up in Arizona - 2012/GL1800

And that is why I keep my 2003 with less than 50,000 miles. I got the same engine as a 2016. I have heated driver and passenger seats. I have heated grips. I have reverse like a 2016. Five gears, still. I have an audio system set up for the passenger to talk on the CB and adjust volumn. I've set up the bile to have ram air when moving to better feed the air filter/engine. I have GPS on the bike and a radio like the 2016. I wouldn't trade my oversized windshield for a 2016 windshield. My alternator doesn't whine. I don't have a stumble. The only thing a 2016 has that my bike doesn't have is that foot warmer trap door - big deal. The plastic and dash have been redesigned. But the Candy Red is still the fastest GW on the street. Yep, keeping mine for some time.
                                "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

Its not that i want more electronics i would like to see them keep up with the others at lease HID headlights, maybe touch screen Navi, bluetooth, just some better upgrades would be nice.
                                  2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

This one should be something like the next Goldwing version. (I'm sure they would or should do some design change to the rear too?.)

Personally You won't have to worry about me cutting in front of you to buy anything that looks like that!! Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	61146

Now if you Really want a change, and hate the 12 up bags.

How about a Buck Rogers Version Goldwing?? Hmmmmm?

Click image for larger version

Name:	hqdefault.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	61147
                                    ************************************************** *******
                                    Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
                                    "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".
                                    Current bikes.
                                    1981 CB900C 10 speed (Restored)
                                    1986 GL1200 SEi
                                    2004 GL1800

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page