This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Is Yellow Wolf's Explanation Of His Crash Several Months Ago

I found this on the "other" forum. http://gl1800riders/forums/showt...orry-real-long

It is Yellow Wolf's thread describing his crash in his own words. He gave permission in the thread for others to cut and paste his story in other locations for others to read so here it is.

Several months ago someone posted here about the rumors of Yellow Wolf's possible crash and several of us wondered about it. He did crash and totaled his Goldwing.

He says he thought about it for several months and after his physical and emotional wounds healed he decided to explain what happened for the possible benefit of other riders.

I think he was honest with himself and with readers about the cause of his crash. It takes some humility and courage to come clean in a forum like these where everyone has an opinion and not everyone is kind about expressing them.

In a few words he explained that he got caught up in the excitement of leading a fast group ride and instead of slowing down to watch the pavement in the afternoon sun that was effecting his vision he let his ego get ahead of him and rode faster than he would have if he had been alone. Sadly, he hit a patch of sand at speed in a tight sweeper and his front wheel washed out and dumped him.

It's a good story worth reading for all of us.

I don't have anywhere near that level of skill to run the twisties at high rates of speed with a group who can drag hard parts and watch the sparks fly but Yellow Wolf's accident is one of the reasons why I prefer not to ride in groups. It's too easy to get caught up in running with the pack and override your skills.
    Harvey Barlow
    Crosby County, TX
    2010 Goldwing Level II Pearl Yellow (sold at 93,000 miles)
    2014 Goldwing Level II Pearl Blue (sold at 27,000 miles to forum member)

Originally posted by HBarlow
    It's too easy to get caught up in running with the pack and override your skills."
    This is the part about "ride your own ride" you have to be diligent about. If you don't, you can cross that line in an instant.

Since he was the ride leader, and was the one that wiped out (granted, any other rider may well have had the same thing happen in the same spot at the same time, we just don't know...) in the end, it was 100% on Rick and nobody else.

In the end, it all gets filed under "Crap Happens".

There's keyboard riding, then there's real riding. For awhile, it seems that Rick will only be a keyboard riding former Goldwing owner.

Again.
    Effective 07/02/2022, in a self-imposed "social media detox" - focusing on offline social interactions and actions.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I read YW's account, a stand up guy in my book.

To Little to late.

Yellowwolf has been a real Jerk to anyone who went down in the past. He is nothing more that an egomaniac who thrives on people patting him on the back.

I don't suck up to people like that.

It was his own fault for going down, and He made it worse by constantly denying it,or flat out lying about it when questioned about "What happened?"..

Anyone with a sliver of a brain knows that "You ride as fast as you can see through a corner" if you don't heed sound advice then shut your pie hole when bad stuff happens from your ignorance!!

YF doesn't have a bike due to his own fault.and in my book doesn't deserve any sympathy or anyone else's for that matter, because he screwed up.

The only reason why he's telling this revised story now is quite clear to me!

His ego needs stroking again,and you people are sucking right up to it like sheep.

I can't stand Liars. And don't care to be lied to..
        Life is Tough, But It's Tougher If You're Stupid: "John Wayne"

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
          To Little to late.

Yellowwolf has been a real Jerk to anyone who went down in the past. He is nothing more that an egomaniac who thrives on people patting him on the back.

I don't suck up to people like that.

It was his own fault for going down, and He made it worse by constantly denying it,or flat out lying about it when questioned about "What happened?"..

Anyone with a sliver of a brain knows that "You ride as fast as you can see through a corner" if you don't heed sound advice then shut your pie hole when bad stuff happens from your ignorance!!

YF doesn't have a bike due to his own fault.and in my book doesn't deserve any sympathy or anyone else's for that matter, because he screwed up.

The only reason why he's telling this revised story now is quite clear to me!

His ego needs stroking again,and you people are sucking right up to it like sheep.

I can't stand Liars. And don't care to be lied to..
          well you love to copy and paste so here your chance to prove it,copy and paste my lie about my wreck,i would expext an im sorry when you cant do it but I know better

I have every right like everyone on this forum and living in this country to post or not post what I like,i choose to not post for awhile,like it, don't like it ,really no matter to me!
          its funny to me that people think they have a right to know everything about another person but if the tables were turned they would fight it tooth and nail?

yup as posted the wreck was all on me,no blame placed elsewhere,yeah I screwed up large,,,yeah ego stroking there,lol
          thanks to the following folks
          1-traxxion//2-heli bars//3-sierra electronics//4-alley kat exhaust//5-schroaders Honda//6-129 slayer.com//7-killboy.com//8-windbender shields//9-dealsgap.com//10-wingstuff//11-mojo tools

the 24 hrs of deals gap//1001.7 miles//23 hrs and 52 min//29,786 turns
          avg. 19 mpg

I won't waste my time copy & pasting your drivel again. It made everyone sick once why regurgitate it all over again. no one I know likes to pukes unless it's absolutely necessary.

You are in denial once again- The only reason why you came up with that BS story was because you aren't smart enough to think on the fly and needed time to compose that load of BS you passed off to the sheep as a candor heart felt story.

I been around your BS long enough to know how you roll. But hey- I'll give you this-You are consistent. Once a BS artist always a BS artist!. Good on ya!

I know for a fact that every person you attacked about their decision making when they went down, said when they read you screw up- "Good" it's about time that jerk got a taste of his own medicine"

Let me be clear-- No one including me wants to see you or anyone else hurt!!.

But on the other hand-You deserve what you got because of your own ego! How does it feel when you know for a fact "You screwed the Pooch?"

Let this be a lesson to you--- "Don't judge others- least you be judged!"

Let me refrase it so a third grader would get it! Don't judge others, if you can't take being judged yourself!

This is going to be good. Enjoy while it lasts.

POPCORN anyone

Originally posted by Tiny Tim View Post
                This is going to be good. Enjoy while it lasts.

POPCORN anyone
                not gonna be"good" the post says I messed up,i know it and anyone that reads it knows it

and I judged myself as I would have done to anyone else,no worse no easier

I wont get into a 10 page hate filled debate that I cant win!!
                1-traxxion//2-heli bars//3-sierra electronics//4-alley kat exhaust//5-schroaders Honda//6-129 slayer.com//7-killboy.com//8-windbender shields//9-dealsgap.com//10-wingstuff//11-mojo tools

avg. 19 mpg

Originally posted by yellow wolf View Post

Ahh the ego talks delusional again.

No one Hates anyone.

Contempt for your arrogance in more like it. (I apologize for using big words directed at you-you're just going to have look up their meaning in goggle)

I did what you asked and looked for your denials and out right inaccuracies . It seems you deleted threads on the old board, and Batrman sacked your denial thread about the crash on the community board. (I love Bartman for getting rid of BS threads)

All I found was a thread that you can no longer delete on the old board. post 15 & 21 are in your own words.
                  On the OTE if anyone want to go read the thread?? Titled "Another mtb ride in western n.c. But took the wifes car and also hit the gap!!!"

Post 15
                  Originally Posted by Suncrest What happened to the Goldwing? Did you get in a wreck?

Mind sharing what happened, so we can learn about it for future rides.

Tks. Sunny
                  if I wrecked and there was something to learn I would post up in a heart beat!!!!

POST 21
                  Originally Posted by 01GL1800 The noose grows ever so tighter!
                  really?hahahahahaha

trust me folks you might not believe this but stuff happens to board members that does not end up being posted here!!hahahaha

this board is about posting stuff you "want" to share not sharing what"others" think you should,lol

maybe I sold the bike?maybe it was stolen and crashed?maybe it was repo'ed?maybe it was crashed on a test ride?maybe I crashed it?maybe a friend crashed it?

I gave my word to someone close to me not to make this public and that's what im trying to do,nothing more nothing less

Sorry it's not about winning.
                  It's about Credibility!! You have it or you don't.

In your case-Your past precedes you!. It is what it is!.

Originally posted by Rocky View Post

Ahh the ego talks delusional again.

No one Hates anyone.

Contempt for your arrogance in more like it. (I apologize for using big words directed at you-you're just going to have look up their meaning in goggle)

I did what you asked and looked for your denials and out right inaccuracies . It seems you deleted threads on the old board, and Batrman sacked your denial thread about the crash on the community board. (I love Bartman for getting rid of BS threads)

All I found was a thread that you can no longer delete on the old board. post 15 & 21 are in your own words.
                    On the OTE if anyone want to go read the thread?? Titled "Another mtb ride in western n.c. But took the wifes car and also hit the gap!!!"

There is no winning. It's about Credibility!! You have it or you don't.

In your case-Your past precedes you!. It is what it is!.
                    nothing above proves anything,i did post about my wreck just in my own good time

maybe wins no points,lol

you can not delete threads on the old board!

you are not debating my crash but making personal attacks.........as is your normal

avg. 19 mpg

I do understand the need for folks to know stuff but does PRIVACY mean nothing as long as your not talking about yourself??

avg. 19 mpg

Originally posted by yellow wolf View Post

nothing above proves anything,i did post about my wreck just in my own good time

maybe wins no points,lol

you can not delete threads on the old board!

you are not debating my crash but making personal attacks.........as is your normal

No Rick.. "The quotes pointed out your lies!"

I'll say it again. you deserved falling on your arse- For attacking other members who like you had the misfortune to go down. As you are seeing now, it isn't nice when your faults are pointed out to you is it?.

Rather humbling now isn't it?.

In other words walk away from this experience with the learned lesson- Don't judge others unless you can handle being judged!

But I highly doubt your infamous ego will allow you to learn a thing. That is the sad part.

I personally have never had the skill level to ride as some I have seen, maybe why I decided to go to three wheels. I have seen some YW videos as well as others and thought how good they could ride but never understood why someone would get on a public road and ride like that. Luckily there was not a car coming from the other direction. I too am very glad you nor any in the ride got hurt. I think if you push the envelope long enough you will have a problem. I read your post on the other forum and thought you took the responsibility for it, sometimes it does take time to self evaluate a problem and I think most people want to find another issue to blame the problem on. Life is a learning experience and you just had one, what a person does with the knowledge is what is important. I look forward to seeing you ride down the road again.

Originally posted by srinehart View Post
                            I personally have never had the skill level to ride as some I have seen, maybe why I decided to go to three wheels. I have seen some YW videos as well as others and thought how good they could ride but never understood why someone would get on a public road and ride like that. Luckily there was not a car coming from the other direction.a car coming the other way has given me a lot to think about also,me crashing is one thing but hurting someone else is a whole other thing!!!!!

I too am very glad you nor any in the ride got hurt. I think if you push the envelope long enough you will have a problem.
                            not sure I agree,speed was not the cause but not slowing for conditions was more the issue

I read your post on the other forum and thought you took the responsibility for it, sometimes it does take time to self evaluate a problem and I think most people want to find another issue to blame the problem on. Life is a learning experience and you just had one, what a person does with the knowledge is what is important. I look forward to seeing you ride down the road again.

yup when it first happened I was like hey it was sand could happen to anyone,time and running choices thru my head like I ask others to do changed my mind!

and I will always challenge folks to take hard look at crashes theirs and my own!!!

avg. 19 mpg

You can only dance with the Devil so many times and finally it catch's up to you. I'm just glad you didn't take anyone else out with you.
                              T.A. Jens
                              The Pizza Man
                              1800 06 White Champion Trike
                              2005 Bunkhouse Camper
                              2006 Breeze Cargo Trailer
                              GWRRA Life Member

Originally posted by Pizza Man View Post
                                You can only dance with the Devil so many times and finally it catch's up to you. I'm just glad you didn't take anyone else out with you.
                                you and me both!!

and yes it will change the way I ride in the future!

avg. 19 mpg

Originally posted by Pizza Man View Post

Ask him about Paul...................This ought to be good
                                  2001 Hot Rod Yellow GL1800A

On the bright side, he is doing what he now does best, highways, straight roads, plenty of warning signs, point A to Point B trips, and 18 wheels instead of 2.
                                    2001 Hot Rod Yellow GL1800A

Originally posted by Fred in GA View Post

Ask him about Paul...................This ought to be good
                                      You know he will never say so please enlighten us other wise we in the dark will never know

Ride hard, ride fast and it's only a matter of time when somthing out of your control bites you , that's life..but you only live once so enjoy ..after reading all the posts on this thread had to take a second look .. Was I at the other GL forum .. Such personnel negetive stuff