For those concerned about website traffic here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those concerned about website traffic here

I hate to do this, but I can not allow any more posts that talk about how there is not enough traffic on this site. That can be really discouraging to a new member coming on the forum, and it is basically incorrect. Our traffic numbers have remained pretty steady over the past few months, but new posts are down.

There have been at least 4 posts this week about how there are very few posts, ironic isn't it. I am beginning to wonder if some who are posting these threads are not trying to unravel the forum. THAT will not be tolerated. This is a GOLDWING forum, not a GLForum forum.

We have got a lot of exciting things planned for the upcoming riding season, and those of you who want a fair and fun forum are going to appreciate it. However, I know there are some "spies" here from other forums who would love to see all of our members go running back to another forum. Not gonna happen.

Protector of the realm.

I'm not moving

Have a good one

Pat

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I'm not leaving here, I haven't contributed anything of value yet but I might, and I have certainly gained information that has been a benefit.
      [SIZE=12px][B][COLOR=#B22222]08 Metallic Red GL1800 HPN[/COLOR][/B]
      [B]G.W.R.R.A. 350144 / FL Prowler #144 / DS #1613
      Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP 195/55R-16[/B]
      [B]Bob & Gerri - Goldenrod FL[/B][/SIZE]

Cruiseman, GOOD POST......

I'm still here....

Cruiseman, most of us appreciate this forum as being a forum of and for the riders without corporate interference. I agree that we should stay positive- as Spring approaches more will be happening. Meantime, there have been some good posts and activity. Let's keep our chins up and focus on the positive!

Perhaps members here should make a point of trying to post a valid GW and/or MC related post or comment weekly or at least monthly.

I think a lot of people fear ridicule and are reluctant to post their opinions and ideas.

You do have to have a thick skin at times, but a lot of people have varied expertise that can be informative to other members, so post up!
              2006 Titanium Level 3 'Wing with a few 'farkles. From Mesa, Az.
              My avatar is me from a recent summer ride in the Phoenix Az area:"Its a dry heat"

I'm here to stay and haven't been back on that "other" forum since joining here. Chris, I think you are probably correct about the saboteurs.

There are people on all sites that try to ruin them.
                  I wouldn't worry about this one as it's first class.
                  Riding in the northern states is at a stand still and once March/April get here, this place will be booming.
                  T.A. Jens
                  The Pizza Man
                  1800 06 White Champion Trike
                  2005 Bunkhouse Camper
                  2006 Breeze Cargo Trailer
                  GWRRA Life Member

Lot of good people. I am more of a looker but I will make a point to post or reply more often. I will be staying.

Jerry

Since I'm not actually a gl1800 owner yet (torn between the GW and the F6B) all I do is lurk and learn. With that being said I think it's a great site and keep up the good work.

Originally posted by bozodriver
                        Mine was one of the post removed .. I'm sorry for that.
                        Not that I was sorry for posting .. it was how I felt and from the heart.
                        I'm sorry to see what I believe is the same way censorship started on another board.
                        I'll still be around .. lurking in the shadows .. for fear of having my honest feelings censored and deleted.

Wow, censorship....Deleted.....Not good, definite turn off.

I am so grateful sites like this exist but on both sites there is not much at all to yahoo about. When you do post here or there it seems people just don't care to replay. I am glad you have things up your sleeve for the coming year as an exciting riding year is coming quick. I do not know how to get people motivated. Pass around some monster drinks maybe😃
                          2008 Airbag Mega Monty
                          Heli Bars

I have nowher to go

The opportunities here are endless. In my humble opinion, this site is working well. Folks have had opportunities to share, voice opinions, and interact with little oversight. Like others, I check in daily, while enjoying a cup of tea and waiting for my lovely bride to stir. It's an early morning thing, and mid day thing when it happens to be snowing out .....like now. LOL. Glad I got back with the Red Head before the salt trucks unloaded again.

I have shared a bit (some might say too much....I know who you are, LOL), about what having a bike has meant to me, and have more fun than I should be allowed with posting a "true story" now and again on these boards. The "banter" is always what had me chuckling and goodness knows there are some 'expert" story tellers here. In my humble opinion, what helped to make the "other site" was the gatherings, story telling, and general banter between friends. Members getting together and sharing, putting a handshake on ya, and of course, telling a story or two. I hope to make the ride out west, and look forward to others. These types of things, that get brought into the mix of the board is what helps form the community. It's all good, and I make it a point to share with riders that I come across to visit the site and join. I'm enjoying the growth, be it small, as I know it is headed in the right direction. While my "true stories" might be old, I certainly would welcome hearing those from others. You are, after all, Goldwing riders so I know ya got'em.

As for being a solid resource, I encourage those who really know this bike, or have come up with great fixes, add-on, and the like to post up what you know, as the site builds it's own repository of good info. I've tried to add to the trike section and of course stand ready to assist anyone that needs a little extra help with riding.

At the end of the day, as a good friend of mine says, it's all good.
                              __________________________________________________ __________

Why sweat the leg thing when I can still ride a Goldwing
                              Member of the Hann-Amigo Trio

Wheels said: As for being a solid resource, I encourage those who really know this bike, or have come up with great fixes, add-on, and the like to post up what you know, as the site builds it's own repository of good info. I've tried to add to the trike section and of course stand ready to assist anyone that needs a little extra help with riding.

I always enjoy your posts Wheels and hope to meet you someday. I have posted many times about video and cams as that is an extreme hobby for me along with photography but so often I put things I think are of value on these sites never to get a thank you etc so it kind of takes the wind out of your sails to want to keep sharing. I hope enthusiasm for posting and sharing improves.
                                2008 Airbag Mega Monty
                                Heli Bars

Originally posted by varider View Post
                                  Wheels said: As for being a solid resource, I encourage those who really know this bike, or have come up with great fixes, add-on, and the like to post up what you know, as the site builds it's own repository of good info. I've tried to add to the trike section and of course stand ready to assist anyone that needs a little extra help with riding.

I always enjoy your posts Wheels and hope to meet you someday. I have posted many times about video and cams as that is an extreme hobby for me along with photography but so often I put things I think are of value on these sites never to get a thank you etc so it kind of takes the wind out of your sails to want to keep sharing. I hope enthusiasm for posting and sharing improves.

Look forward to putting a handshake on you. I'm going to suspect that there are many who are thankful that members like yourself share what you know. "We" often don't do it like "we" should these days, but I for one am thankful that many throughout the bike community visit and support boards like this and share what they know. I have never enjoyed anything, and I have done a great deal, as much as I do this Trike/Riding and greatly appreciate those that share what they know, which in turns helps me to enjoy it that much more. There are some really sharp cookies out there.
                                  __________________________________________________ __________

Why sweat the leg thing when I can still ride a Goldwing
                                  Member of the Hann-Amigo Trio

I am on the site daily.......usually bounce down the "TodaysPosts" list to track what's happening. I too really appreciate the thoughts/posts from those of you with stockpiles of info from years of riding, mechanic'n, farkling, mods, etc. For instance .......I just went 'dark-side' relying on forum info to guide me. Keep it comin.

• Rollin
                                      Rollin commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Went with the Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS. Will be couple months before I wear out my current Bridgestones tho. Probably won't get my CT mounted until May or so. Really looking forward to trying it..... But to cheap to not get every mile out of the stones !

• azsandrider
                                      azsandrider commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Just put my Envigor on today, 1st time CT, but read my post about the problems we had putting to the Ct. First time for me and my MC mechanic...good learning experience for both of us, and he IS thinking about putting a CT on his GW now....lol

Originally posted by Rollin View Post
                                    I am on the site daily.......usually bounce down the "TodaysPosts" list to track what's happening. I too really appreciate the thoughts/posts from those of you with stockpiles of info from years of riding, mechanic'n, farkling, mods, etc. For instance .......I just went 'dark-side' relying on forum info to guide me. Keep it comin.
                                    So how do you like the dark side ride? Goods or bads or differences. What did you go with?
                                    Dave - Arizona - 2012/GL1800

• Rollin
                                      Rollin commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Went with the Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS. Will be couple months before I wear out my current Bridgestones tho. Probably won't get my CT mounted until May or so. Really looking forward to trying it..... But to cheap to not get every mile out of the stones !

Originally posted by TheGLForum View Post
                                    I am beginning to wonder if some who are posting these threads are not trying to unravel the forum. THAT will not be tolerated. This is a GOLDWING forum, not a GLForum forum.
                                    I was noticing the other day that most of the naysayers had not posted outside the OTD and had contributed nothing to any bike conversations - don't even join in the Welcome aboards!

Chris, I'm here AND glad to be here. Thanks for setting this up!
                                    2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
                                    USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
                                    US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
                                    2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
                                    2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page