Hello new board! They booted Rick Mays too!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello new board! They booted Rick Mays too!

    Well they are history for me too! I did my best to advertise over there about this one. 14 years was a good run for that place, I have met sooooooo many good friends and riding buddys. Lets keep it going over here!
    """""""Darksider #10 It's been said by many people, that I am still only 16 years old inside my head!! LOL!!
    I have never thrown a leg over any make or model of motorcycle and had nothing but a good time!!"""""""

  • #2
    Welcome! The numbers here are growing every day.


    Protector of the realm.

    Comment: (For off-topic replies)


    • robeth
      robeth commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, Admin! Thanks for starting this board. It really shows promise.

  • #3
    Welcome to the forum, I heard about your advertising over there a couple days ago. Great job. :toast:
    Dave - High up in Arizona - Black Metallic 2019 DCT

    Comment: (For off-topic replies)


    • #4
      The fact that you reached so many in 45 minutes or so was amazing. And you got to go out in style...
      2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper



      Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

      Comment: (For off-topic replies)


      • #5
        I'm here because I saw your last great act of defiance before it got zapped, a great martyr you are!

        Comment: (For off-topic replies)


        • #6
          Originally posted by Wing_it View Post
          I'm here because I saw your last great act of defiance before it got zapped, a great martyr you are!
          Yea a martyr! LOL! It also did not help that in a post I stated "intercourse vsjeff" Haaaaaaaaaaaaa! He is rubbing people wrong so fast over there, he is the lead anchor of the sinking ship!
          """""""Darksider #10 It's been said by many people, that I am still only 16 years old inside my head!! LOL!!
          I have never thrown a leg over any make or model of motorcycle and had nothing but a good time!!"""""""

          Comment: (For off-topic replies)


          • #7
            Can't wait for this board to get rev'd up, wild wild west style. It's refreshing to know that antic's that get you booted from the other board is welcome here. This is gonna be fun.....

            Comment: (For off-topic replies)


            • #8
              Rick, Glad to see you here !! I can't believe the mass exodus ...... They upset a number of loyal members.... Mattbcnv
              "2018 Turd Brown Metallic sissy shifter"

              Comment: (For off-topic replies)


              • #9
                I'm sure it didn't help with the "F" VS Jeff and yes you did state just that, what I can't figure out is why you just didn't tell him how you really feel

                I too look forward to being able to discuss some of the current events that affect our daily lives but were off limits there and a jab or poke now and then is cool. I do hope we can do so here without the personal name calling and attacks.

                Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                • #10
                  Well, hello Rick. Good to hear you are here. Can you guess who I am?
                  2007 Crucible Orange Metallic
                  2009 Kawasaki Red Concours 14
                  AMA Life Member 0672853
                  IBA Member 8846 Premier
                  NRA Life Member

                  Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by Yrral View Post
                    Can't wait for this board to get rev'd up, wild wild west style. It's refreshing to know that antic's that get you booted from the other board is welcome here. This is gonna be fun.....
                    No need for those antics here. That board got along for a LONG time with just the members dealing with each other. They need a place like the old hot box they had over there for the ones that like to argue politics, religion and money and such. It kept everything else clean. So what they some got to threatening each other in it, why they closed it is mind boggling. It was a needed area for what it was. Every site needs one. I belong to several Diesel Sites, Gun Shooting Sites as well and they each have a Venting Place like the "Hot Box" was. That one on the board was doing fine, until a moderator stuck his nose in it, when Lamont set it up, you were HIGHLY FOREWARNED to have TOUGH SKIN to go in and join in. I say every site needs it. So what if they meet up and beat the hell out of each other, they are grown men. In closing, my "antics" were just that, a route to get them to cancel me out there. I was a member for 14 years, it was the best there were for about 11 years. But all good things must end and another start up. So here we are!!!
                    """""""Darksider #10 It's been said by many people, that I am still only 16 years old inside my head!! LOL!!
                    I have never thrown a leg over any make or model of motorcycle and had nothing but a good time!!"""""""

                    Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                    • #12
                      Originally posted by orangecrate View Post
                      Well, hello Rick. Good to hear you are here. Can you guess who I am?
                      I was curious as to why so many members have joined using a new name. What is wrong with using the same name everyone know each other by?
                      Dave - High up in Arizona - Black Metallic 2019 DCT

                      Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by orangecrate View Post
                        Well, hello Rick. Good to hear you are here. Can you guess who I am?




                        hmmmmmm yes
                        """""""Darksider #10 It's been said by many people, that I am still only 16 years old inside my head!! LOL!!
                        I have never thrown a leg over any make or model of motorcycle and had nothing but a good time!!"""""""

                        Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by Yrral View Post
                          Can't wait for this board to get rev'd up, wild wild west style. It's refreshing to know that antic's that get you booted from the other board is welcome here. This is gonna be fun.....
                          I was told that vsjeff person is here, you him? LOL!!!
                          """""""Darksider #10 It's been said by many people, that I am still only 16 years old inside my head!! LOL!!
                          I have never thrown a leg over any make or model of motorcycle and had nothing but a good time!!"""""""

                          Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by Rick Mays View Post

                            No need for those antics here. That board got along for a LONG time with just the members dealing with each other. They need a place like the old hot box they had over there for the ones that like to argue politics, religion and money and such. It kept everything else clean. So what they some got to threatening each other in it, why they closed it is mind boggling. It was a needed area for what it was. Every site needs one. I belong to several Diesel Sites, Gun Shooting Sites as well and they each have a Venting Place like the "Hot Box" was. That one on the board was doing fine, until a moderator stuck his nose in it, when Lamont set it up, you were HIGHLY FOREWARNED to have TOUGH SKIN to go in and join in. I say every site needs it. So what if they meet up and beat the hell out of each other, they are grown men. In closing, my "antics" were just that, a route to get them to cancel me out there. I was a member for 14 years, it was the best there were for about 11 years. But all good things must end and another start up. So here we are!!!

                            I agree Rick about the purpose of a "Hot Box" sub area and with the way Lamont set it up with the warning and one having to "join" to even enter it served a purpose. If feelings got hurt well you did join on your own. For me if folks didn't want to be exposed to the "antics" going on there don't join, to go through the hoops to get in and then complain, that's like paying extra for HBO knowing the type shows they present and then complain about their programming. That's just my 2 cents and I acknowledge lot of people don't want to talk politics or religion but those two things affect every area of our lives in one way or the other. I will also acknowledge there seem to be some who really struggle with discussing some things and remaining civil and respectful of others differing opinions.

                            wingwing and I had a long debate on the pros and cons of legalized marijuana on the other board, it was actually quite educational for me, and though we disagreed for the most part it remained a civil discussion. I have since noticed that no Drugs/Drug Abuse post were added to the prohibited list. A few more hot threads involving guns may lead to its demise as well.

                            Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                            • #16
                              I have switched also. Good to have a laid back approach.

                              Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                              • #17
                                The OTE was around on that board, at the same time as the Hot Box. I know, because I participated in the OTE, but not in the Hot Box. We were permitted to discuss "non-motorcycle" stuff, and usually without much restriction. However, when they shut down the Hot Box, those folks continued in their usual manner but did so on the OTE.

                                The real problem arose when some were permitted to say whatever they wanted, while others got smacked down for far lesser offenses; all at the whim of the lone moderator (at the time). For instance, I got a ban for saying something about folks from Kansas, but anyone could say virtually anything about LEOs in general (and I suspect there were far more LEOs and Former LEOs than there were Kansites or whatever they're called).
                                2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper



                                Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

                                Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                                • #18
                                  Originally posted by Rick Mays View Post

                                  Yea a martyr! LOL! It also did not help that in a post I stated "intercourse vsjeff" Haaaaaaaaaaaaa! He is rubbing people wrong so fast over there, he is the lead anchor of the sinking ship!
                                  Sorry I missed that but I am spending far less time over there. Hopefully, I can spend no time over there very quickly. All we need is Techdude and we're set.
                                  Rob

                                  Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                                  • #19
                                    Hey Rick, darn glad to see you. Have done a great deal of "reading" about ole VS . . . .and he ain't no Jeff. LOL. I have a really good feeling based on some recent developments. Certainly a shame for sure.

                                    Welcome my friend.

                                    Mr. Wing_it, I guess the BBQ invite did not fit into your plans. Maybe next time.
                                    __________________________________________________ __________

                                    Why sweat the leg thing when I can still ride a Goldwing
                                    Member of the Hann-Amigo Trio

                                    Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                                    • #20
                                      Hey Rick!

                                      Comment: (For off-topic replies)

                                      Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

                                      Related Topics

                                      Collapse

                                      • MAGENTA
                                        HELLO ALL !!
                                        by MAGENTA
                                        Just coming over here to ck out the water,been over at the other board for years but have not been posting much the last year due to the general overall situation over there,OLE YELLER MBG PA
                                        08-27-2014, 08:09 AM
                                      • Bart Leetch
                                        Hello
                                        by Bart Leetch
                                        Just found this forum. I'm in Washington state. No bike at this time. Here to learn. Thinking of an older low mileage Wing 1200 cc. I have a friend with one 85-86. . I have ridden smaller bikes & I...
                                        11-22-2014, 07:12 PM
                                      • networkguy3
                                        Hello
                                        by networkguy3
                                        Howdy everyone. Seems like there are lots of familiar folks here....
                                        08-19-2014, 12:47 AM
                                      • Gizmo
                                        New to the board...
                                        by Gizmo
                                        Hello! I am Gizmo. I have been hanging around other Gold Wing boards for many years and thought I would give this one a try. See ya down the road!
                                        03-19-2016, 09:23 AM
                                      • Mike Hirsh
                                        New on this board
                                        by Mike Hirsh
                                        Hey folks, some of you may know me from other boards, some not. Anyway, Hello, good to be here for some fun.

                                        Mike
                                        03-28-2015, 05:25 PM
                                      Working...
                                      X