Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrett Jackson Scottsdale

Figure I will cruise on over to Barrett Jackson tomorrow and drool over all the expensive cars, motorcycles and garage memorabilia. Mid 70's is the forecast and it's a good hour ride to and from...longer if I take surface streets (which I usually do at least one way).

I plan on going as well.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I'm jealous, only watch on TV!

Dan, I have a car that will be in their auction, either later this year, or next January at the latest. I have been working on it for 18 years now. They are after me to get it to them, but I have a few more things to finish on it.

Barrett Jackson is without a doubt the worst thing to happen to car enthusiasts.It made these things trailer queens and are mostly bought just for the investment.I'd sooner have a $10 k muscle car that I can take out any day of the week and beat the crap out of it(drive it like it was meant to be driven)than a $100 k investment that I have to trailer everywhere and have to keep it hidden for fear of loosing it.A big thanks to Barrett Jackson for putting these things right out of just about every bodies price range.

BTW I owned a lot of muscle cars back when they were fairly new(69 1/2 440 6 BBL. Roadrunner when I was 19),drove them daily,raced some of them weekly and didn't pay anywhere near $5 k for any of the ones that go for around $100 k.That was for the original,not one that was put back to original.
          Chris
          Darkside # 1602
          If I knew it would've last this long I would've taken better care of it.

Been watching on the tube and it seems prices have gone up on a lot of the classics. Beautiful cars for the most part. Can't wait to see what the weekend brings.
            2013 Black F6B

Barrett-Jackson is a circus. It is a fun experience and every car nut needs to go once. But after you've seen it once, go to Russo & Steele and Goodings. To me they are a much better value for the spectator and a more friendly experience.
              2005 Black Cherry GL1800A

There was some deals to be had. Cars that had to sell for less than their build price.

Yesterday a 2015 Corvette Z06 went for $800,000.00. Wow.
                  2013 Black F6B

Cash is KING! The more ya got, the more toys you can buy!

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page