I really wish traffic would pick up here.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really wish traffic would pick up here.

I'm finding myself drifting over to that other place far too often, and the attitudes there are raising my BP!

Been pretty dull around here.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by TrikeBiker View Post
      Seems that way, huh.

I'm with you.
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Ken
        ..........Central California.........'03 1800 Durango red, the fastest color

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it".......Mark Twain

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity."........ Abraham Lincoln

I wonder if jhuddle will label all of us as Trolls for posting the truth about the slow pace on this website. He was quick to do so on another post.

Originally posted by jmohme View Post
            I'm finding myself drifting over to that other place far too often, and the attitudes there are raising my BP!

lol, we just on the road to post a little to liven things up

• jmohme
              jmohme commented
              Editing a comment
              It is fun to go over there to push some buttons I have to admit!

• Wing_it
              Wing_it commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree lol. Seems I got R John and The Astute Reader's feathers ruffled

I think when riding season comes back for the majority of folks, traffic will pick up and more members will come over. We need some fresh ideas on how to recruit more new members.
            GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
            Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
              I think when riding season comes back for the majority of folks, traffic will pick up and more members will come over. We need some fresh ideas on how to recruit more new members.
              Now is the time to recruit, while bikes are sitting in garages and people are indoors, but I don't know how to make it happen. Spreading word on the other board doesn't work since they block any attempt to share info about this site.
              I've been doing word of mouth, but with the upswing in my business, I don't spend as much time around other riders as I used to.

Well, could it be that when someone say's something that others or some one does not agree with, he gets shot down using phrases that are not allowed here but are used anyway. That may be scaring people away from posting because they don't want to be yelled at.. Just a thought.

Originally posted by cee yah View Post
                  I wonder if jhuddle will label all of us as Trolls for posting the truth about the slow pace on this website. He was quick to do so on another post.

Kind of expect that from Jack....He hangs out with GYMPY, his BFF.

YELLING WHO'S YELLING I DON'T YELL AT PEOPLE, I CAN'T HELP IT IF THEIR JUST STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forgot my manners, joking aside, I have tried to consider how my posts may come across to others but I guess I'm just gifted with an ability to tick some folks off just because I disagree with them. I do try to remain objective and not get into name calling, sometimes I think I even succeed.

I think I might be spending more time here, kinda stirring things up a bit over there, the last two threads I posted on were locked. One more and I think I'm done. Although they haven't said anything yet.
                      "only governments can take a useful commodity like paper, and make it totally worthless by printing on it"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally posted by TrikeBiker View Post

I am sure Greg is here, just invite him to post. Page views will triple overnight.

• bikerbillone
                          bikerbillone commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Greg wouldn't post here, he'd be burned at the stake.

I find it pretty slow here also. I guess it's up to us.

If each of us who is a member here would simply post a new thread or at least a comment on someone else's thread every day we would increase activity.

We won't be successful sitting in front of our computers expecting others to entertain us.
                        Harvey Barlow
                        Crosby County, TX
                        2010 Goldwing Level II Pearl Yellow (sold at 93,000 miles)
                        2014 Goldwing Level II Pearl Blue (sold at 27,000 miles to forum member)

I agree, I tried posting a update yesterday about the bike auction in Vegas.

what bike auction? can you give me more info.

Like many, I check in every day. The site has a large following now and as time passes will continue to grow, yet as I look in on a few sites that I am a member of, the same can be found on each. Lots of looks, but not much action. It' only takes a few key strokes to change that, as is evidenced by this post. To simply talk about the bike is not enough to keep the buzz in any of the sites.

What gets me to chuckling, anyway, is how old habits appear hard to break. Rather then start a thread here, folks will look to do so on a site where it has been made clear time and time again that "thoughts and opinions" outside those of at least 2 Mods are not and will not be welcomed. Seems clear to me, and yet...................................Hitting ones thumb with a hammer always seems to end with the same results.

You (us) old timers have lots of history with our bikes, and stories associated with them, so share some. I have always enjoyed sharing a true story now and again.

__________________________________________________ __________

Why sweat the leg thing when I can still ride a Goldwing
                              Member of the Hann-Amigo Trio

I agree with you Mr. Wheels about sharing a "true story"...but over my many years of life I have learned....why mess up a good story with the truth

Originally posted by cee yah View Post
                                  I was not blasting you about the slow pace of this board, it was for the insinuation that chris had sold enough ofhis videos and had lost intrest and was not responding to this
                                  board members concerns. this will be my last response to you posts, I apoligised to you for call ing you a Trol.!

Jack
                                  Jack & Jolene on a GL1800/Champion Trike out of Silver Springs, FL.

Buttons? Did someone say something about pushing buttons? I'm good at pushing buttons. I even learned how to stir the pot.
                                    "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page