Power for Factory Fog Light Switch????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power for Factory Fog Light Switch????

Okay so for Christmas my wife's parents got me the LED Fog Lights from Socalmotogear and everything went perfect right up to the point where I need to find this plug. I have pulled and tugged on every wire in under the pocket and behind where the switch goes with NO LUCK and am at my wits end. It has to be there somewhere but I cannot find it for the life of me :-( HELP it is a 2008 model if that helps any.

Mine is a '14. don't know if they are the same but mine was tucked next to the frame just under the switch location. Hard to see.

Mopar's Wing
    2014 Level 3 Blacked out Blue
    Heli bars, Muth mirrors, Kuryakyn floorboards and LEDs, Corbin saddle
    Anderson SC

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Thanks I will look again

I am assuming that since there were NO fog lights installed from the factory that this is a plug that has a cap. The only one I have in there that is like that is a small two hole plug that is orange. I would really hate to have to take it to the dealer to get this sorted. Or worse yet pull the shelter to find the damn thing. Looks light that may be my only option tomorrow since I will not pay dealer prices for something as simple as plug and play.

• Kenichi
          Kenichi commented
          Editing a comment
          I think there is a video on this install that on the SOCAL web site that leads to Chris Youtube video, from what I remember seeing there are two connectors plug n play for one for each light they will probably be taped and you will have to unravel tape to expose the cap to connect the lights for each one.

I think there is a video on this install that on the SOCAL web site that leads to Chris Youtube video, from what I remember seeing there are two connectors plug n play for one for each light they will probably be taped and you will have to unravel tape to expose the cap to connect the lights for each one.

• Dragonslayer
          Dragonslayer commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I have already made those connections and have watched the video, I am talking up top where the switch is located and gets it s power but thanks.

Take a look at this pdf I think this will be what will help you complete the light switch install.
        Attached Files

• Dragonslayer
          Dragonslayer commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, not much more help but I do appreciate this. My post below this I am thinking I may have moved the wire during an air filter change previously but not sure. I will keep you all posted of anything I find out later today :-(

Mine is a 14 and when I installed the Socalmoto lights the instructions said that the wire would be a little buried but would be just off of the larger harness. I found it in the lower bundle inside the clear boot covering the plugs. There wasn't a cap on it like the lower light hookups. I don't recall the color though. IIRC it was a little forward and a lot lower than I expected. Good luck.
        [COLOR=#252C2F][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=13px]There are after all only two things the government actually does: 1. think up new ways to tax you and 2, spend that very same money in the most inefficient manner possible while skimming the cream off the top.-Brian[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• Dragonslayer
          Dragonslayer commented
          Editing a comment
          That's just the thing, the only wire bundles I have below the switch housing have black boots and clear connectors in them and they all have wires running to them. I will most likely pull the shelter today since I guess there is a possibility that the wire may have moved during one of the many air filter changes I have done in the past ( Damn Mice ). I will probably snap some pics as well for you all to look at just for grins as well. Oh and the ONLY clear boots with wire bundles in them that I see are at the front above the radiators and below the storage pocket where the accessory plug gets its power, but those do not have this missing 4 pin black plug either.

the plug is always in a boot, and if I remember correctly, it is a good bit lower than the panel that the switch is mounted into and it is along the frame. The 08 model will have it in a black boot and I am pretty sure the boot is facing down along the frame. I promise that you couldn't have moved it very far during the air filter changes. It is there, I promise.
        Jimmy Chance
        CEO Quality Machine Co
        Savannah, GA
        912-665-1846

• Dragonslayer
          Dragonslayer commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank You very much Big Dawg, I owe you a beer or drink of your choice. I had the darn plug in my hand more than one time and did not know it :-) after reading the BLACK boot I dug deeper into 1 of the 2 black boots right in that area. Deeper inside the larger one behind another set of plugs I found it. I am a happy camper.

If you like a spirited ride I would like to invite you to my spring ride in April if you are interested. It is actually a Sportbike gathering but I have been leaning towards bringing the Wing as well.
          If you are on Facebook you should be able to view my event page at https://www.facebook.com/events/5512...78431278939117 if not I will be in Robbinsville NC from April 15-20th for our annual spring ride.

yup same deal on 2013 , my connector was further down & just outta sight behind other wires, but I found it.
        2013 Red Airbag 1800

Ha ha Jimmy, which bike will you be bringing in April. I did not realize it was you. Guess you already know about the Bacon Run :-)

Originally posted by MMR
            Dragonslayer, you know where it is "supposed" to be, and if it is not there, then...as you already surmised...you must have moved it during one of the "many" air filter changes that you have done, due to the damn mice. (BTW, I have installed Fog Lights on dozens of Wings, and that connector is always in the right spot)

So, let's address that issue...the damn mice, and doing all those air filter changes.

First, the "next time" you feel the desire to change out that air filter, install a K&N air filter, and leave it in there for 75,000 miles.

Second, when you are not riding your bike, you appear to have a damn mice problem. There is a fix for that, that is more simple than you think.
            Take a pair of women's stockings, cut them off about 12 inches above the foot on each leg, put about a dozen MOTH Balls into each "footie" of the stockings, and then tie up the open end of that "footie" so that the Moth Balls cannot fall out. Now, when not riding, reach up under the front of the fairing, and stuff one "footie" into each intake air tunnel, so that the damn mice cannot get past the bundle of Moth Balls. They will NOT chew through the Moth Balls, as damn mice hate Moth Balls.

Now, if these were regular mice, rather than damn mice, you might have a further problem, but it is well known that damn mice HATE Moth Balls.

Oh, don't forget to remove the Moth Ball bundles before each ride. Maybe attach one of those Red tags...Remove Before Flight...onto each Moth Ball bundle.

Otherwise, you will suck Moth Balls into the intake, and your exhaust will smell like Moth Balls for years to come.
            Well these re special mice since they eat De-Con and then use the boxes to build their nests. I have since solved the problem and the bikes now reside in the house when not being ridden. Any mice getting into the bike now must traverse past a mine field of glue and snap traps. This has proved very very effective since I live in the country. I also have an inspection camera that I use to verify the presence of any nests in those tight places as well as the condition of said air filters.

Originally posted by Dragonslayer View Post
              Ha ha Jimmy, which bike will you be bringing in April. I did not realize it was you. Guess you already know about the Bacon Run :-)
              Since we have a house in Franklin, we will not be staying in Robbinsville. Crazy Joe has ask me and Skip to lead some rides for the Bacon run but I think the logistics will be a deal breaker. We are too far apart for it to work well. BTW, I'm not sure who you are..
              Jimmy Chance
              CEO Quality Machine Co
              Savannah, GA
              912-665-1846

• Dragonslayer
                Dragonslayer commented
                Editing a comment
                I am Kevin Reinhold I am in both your southern FB groups and was added by Doc. Have never actually met you but have commented in a few of those groups as well as a few of your pics in those groups.

Sweet, Look forward to meeting you in spite of doc
              Jimmy Chance
              CEO Quality Machine Co
              Savannah, GA
              912-665-1846

Originally posted by Big Dawg View Post
                Sweet, Look forward to meeting you in spite of doc
                Same here Jimmy, I am sure we can figure something out. I am not apposed to coming down to Franklin via 28. ( one of those awesome roads) and hooking up on our way towards Warwoman, Richard Russel and Blood Mountain.

Originally posted by Dragonslayer View Post
                  Okay so for Christmas my wife's parents got me the LED Fog Lights from Socalmotogear and everything went perfect right up to the point where I need to find this plug. I have pulled and tugged on every wire in under the pocket and behind where the switch goes with NO LUCK and am at my wits end. It has to be there somewhere but I cannot find it for the life of me :-( HELP it is a 2008 model if that helps any.
                  In case you are interested there is a way to have the fog lights on while on low or high beam and you still retain the ability to turn them on and off.
                  "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page