Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metzler 888 for Goldwing

I have a new rear tire in my near future and am looking for any real world experience with the Metzler 888 specific for Goldwing. Does anyone run one and what is your experience?
    He who shall, so shall he who.

Originally posted by MMR
    I have, and NEVER will again. POS, in my opinion.
    You talking about the brand new Goldwing specific model? What was your experience?

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by bscarpenter View Post
      I have a new rear tire in my near future and am looking for any real world experience with the Metzler 888 specific for Goldwing. Does anyone run one and what is your experience?

I ran Metzler Marathon 888 on my Valkryie and loved it. Good traction dry or wet. Stable at speeds exceeding a buck twenty. I never got to wear one out though...kept picking up nails. LOL Then I switched to a GL1800 and a went to the darkside on the rear. Currently running a Yokahama rear

I am still on my first 888 on my 08 wing. I have over 12k miles on the current rear tire and have lots of tread left. I liked it enough that I put a 888 on my spare so when it does finally wear out, I can do a quick swap. The 888 also has a higher load rating which I like for two up and towing. Handling is fine for the way I ride. I am not an aggressive rider, but I don't go slow either.
        Marc from sunny NorCal
        2008 Titanium Nav (non - ABS)

I put a set of 888's on my bike about 4000 miles ago. It's too early to judge wear but so far there is not any indication of any type of bad wear pattern starting and they are quiet and smooth riding. I run 40/42 and mostly 1up. At this early stage, I like them a lot.

Have a friend on a Valkyie he has been running metzler for a while now and loves them, he swears they work better down here in Florida on our flat roads. I too ride on the darkside will never go back.
            2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

Thanks for all the input so far. Don't waste your time or bandwidth proselytizing about square tires. Ain't gonna happen.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page