Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many goldwings for sale?

I've noticed that there is alot of Goldwing riders trying to sell their bikes. This includes 2001 to 2014.
    This also includes trikes.
    Are riders getting too old to ride a Wing? Are Wingers tired of the same old problems, and BS Honda is handing out while increasing price?

At this time of year in the Northern Hemisphere you will find a lot of Boats for sale as well - Age has nothing to do with it unless - The Reason is listed in the ad
    Whoever said money can’t buy happiness, never paid for a divorce

IBA # 40576

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by fastfred View Post
      <...>Are riders getting too old to ride a Wing? Are Wingers tired of the same old problems, and BS Honda is handing out while increasing price?
      What?

No, it's demographics. This is a four-year-old article; nothing has substantially changed since this was published.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/201...age-increases/

Effective 09/29/2021, in a self-imposed "social media detox" - focusing on offline social interactions and actions.

I have a Goldwing for sale (albeit somewhat halfheartedly) but only because I bought a new 2014. I plan to get serious about listing my 2010 for sale in March when spring and interest in motorcycles begins stirring again.

According to the article about demographics I suppose I'm out of sync. At age 72 I have no plans to stop riding anytime soon unless I'm forced to.

Weather websites are currently predicting a nice week of sunshine late next week and next weekend on the west coast so I'm planning to leave Saturday morning for California to ride the Pacific Coast Highway.
        Harvey Barlow
        Crosby County, TX
        2010 Goldwing Level II Pearl Yellow (sold at 93,000 miles)
        2014 Goldwing Level II Pearl Blue (sold at 27,000 miles to forum member)

Look at any make or model of vehicle that is mass produced and you will find lots of used ones for sale. It doesn't mean anything.

It seems just as many Harleys are for sale as Goldwings. I agree with jmohme.

Rayjoe

Probably selling their bikes to pay for healthcare insurance costs. Mine has gone up more than $200 per month in the past 2 years.
              GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
              Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

I was one of those statistics. I sold a 2010 HD Fatboy, 2011 HD Fatboy and a 2008 HD Street Glide with a DFT kit when I bought my Goldwing. All of them were paid for. I just decided to give up on Harley going water cooled on their touring bikes. I give up on air cooled pushrod engines for long distant riding.

Mopar's Wing
                2014 Level 3 Blacked out Blue
                Heli bars, Muth mirrors, Kuryakyn floorboards and LEDs, Corbin saddle
                Anderson SC

I will turn 75 in June and so far I don't see an end to my riding. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

IBA #57814
                  SaddleSore 1075 Miles in 24 hours (certified)
                  BunBurner 1632 Miles in 36 hours (certified)
                  Prowler #81
                  Double Darksider # 792
                  Alaska 2012 / 2014

Originally posted by HBarlow View Post
                    I have a Goldwing for sale (albeit somewhat halfheartedly) but only because I bought a new 2014. I plan to get serious about listing my 2010 for sale in March when spring and interest in motorcycles begins stirring again.

According to the article about demographics I suppose I'm out of synch. At age 72 I have no plans to stop riding anytime soon unless I'm forced to.

Weather websites are currently predicting a nice week of sunshine late next week and next weekend on the west coast so I'm planning to leave Saturday morning for California to ride the Pacific Coast Highway.

Enjoy your trip Harvey!

Honda sells lots of Gold Wings therefore lots of used Gold Wings are for sale. It's only numbers.
                      Try finding a used KTM 990 Supermoto T for sale, not many sold in the US so not many used ones are for sale and I'm not selling mine anytime soon.

I read number recently that noted nearly 700,000 Goldwings have been produced in 40 years. I could see a substantial turnover through the years of owners of these bikes.

The same that it probably is with most major motorsports equipment...
                        Effective 09/29/2021, in a self-imposed "social media detox" - focusing on offline social interactions and actions.

I'm 72 years young and don't plan on selling my Trike any time soon. Ride while you can !!
                          T.A. Jens
                          The Pizza Man
                          1800 06 White Champion Trike
                          2005 Bunkhouse Camper
                          2006 Breeze Cargo Trailer
                          GWRRA Life Member

They are selling those old bike to buy a pretty 2015 red and black bike

I am trying to sell my 2003 and have had no luck. I am looking for a 2013 and up abs and cannot find any for sale that are reasonably priced

I am 77 have cut back on a lot of riding, not that I don’t want to ride that much. We got a RV now we trailer the bikes to the area we want to see then ride the bikes.

Originally posted by HBarlow View Post

According to the article about demographics I suppose I'm out of sync. At age 72 I have no plans to stop riding anytime soon unless I'm forced to.

Hi Harvey,
                                  If you plan to ride north of the Golden Gate, get a hold of me and I"ll buy ya a cup and a piece of pie
                                  Have a great trip either way,
                                  Randy

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
                                    Probably selling their bikes to pay for healthcare insurance costs. Mine has gone up more than $200 per month in the past 2 years.
                                    Since you mention it, drop a note to the White House and thank the clown in charge.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                                    widgetinstance 272 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                    Working...
                                    X