Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas prices

Gas is $2.29 around where I live and I heard this morning that gas prices in Missouri should get below $2.00 a gallon, it's already $1.99 in Oklahoma. Just curious what it costs everyone else

And the Democrats are already foaming at the mouth - To Raise the FED GAS TAX can't wait to get their hands deeper in your pocket!
    Whoever said money can’t buy happiness, never paid for a divorce

IBA # 40576

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Why do you think the price has gone down but as a way to get us to accept higher taxes!
      Harvey
      Ride Safe and Ride Often

Originally posted by showmerider View Post
        Gas is $2.29 around where I live and I heard this morning that gas prices in Missouri should get below $2.00 a gallon, it's already $1.99 in Oklahoma. Just curious what it costs everyone else
        Where do you live? The cheapest that I have found it in my area (Fresno CA) was $2.75 for a gal. of regular.
        When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
        Jimi Hendrix
        Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

Oil prices have been going down because the OPEC countries are keeping production high even though demand has fallen off. They are doing this to purposely put a hurting on US and Canadian shale oil and oil sands production and expoloration. Keep it up long enough and they will cripple the North American industry who was on track to make the US oil independent. They are all but admitting their plan. Don't worry, prices will skyrocket once they feel they have done enough damage and there is nothing anyone in the US Government can do to control it.

It might be $1.99 in Oklahoma City but in the Tulsa area, where Quik Trip controls gas prices, it is still round $2.45
            Larry
            Red 2008 GL1800 (The Fastest Color)

Originally posted by RoadRat View Post

Where do you live? The cheapest that I have found it in my area (Fresno CA) was $2.75 for a gal. of regular.
              The price is driven by where you live (ie) Local state Taxes are added to the price of a gallon as well as the 18 cents Fed tax - so I think in your case CA has additional state tax of 50 cents per gallon

IBA # 40576

Originally posted by harvey View Post
                Why do you think the price has gone down but as a way to get us to accept higher taxes!
                The price has fallen in part as the US (Due to Fracking) is now the largest producer of oil - More oil = more product than currently being used. However the price today was this low per barrel in 2008 so it will go back up just like the stock market does.

IBA # 40576

It's all a racket just like my Dad said in the 70's when he owned a Gulf service station.
                  Education is not necessarily an indication of intelligence.

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                    Oil prices have been going down because the OPEC countries are keeping production high even though demand has fallen off. They are doing this to purposely put a hurting on US and Canadian shale oil and oil sands production and expoloration. Keep it up long enough and they will cripple the North American industry who was on track to make the US oil independent. They are all but admitting their plan. Don't worry, prices will skyrocket once they feel they have done enough damage and there is nothing anyone in the US Government can do to control it.

Two things.
                    1) It is not clear that OPEC can afford to keep the price low enough for long enough to cripple the current energy boom in the US. Much of our oil is much cheaper to recover than what exists in the middle east. Some of the mid east oil is not profitable until about $100 / bbl, and there is some of the new oil fields in the US that are profitable down to about $40 / bbl.

2) There is something that the government can do about it. They could put a tariff on foreign oil so that it remains profitable to use US oil even with the artificially low prices we are seeing now.
                    Terry

DS# 1595
                    2008 Honda GL1800
                    1980 Suzuki GS850G
                    1972 Suzuki GT750
                    1973 Honda CB350

Originally posted by RoadRat View Post

Where do you live?
                      RoadRat, the guy that posted that uses a forum name of....showmerider. Where do you think he lives...based on that forum name?

Careful now, this is a geography question.

BTW, gas here in the Pacific NorthWet...I paid $ 2.74 the other day. Most of it is around $ 2.99

It's around 98 cents a liter here. So that is around $3.67 a US gallon.
                        2013 Black F6B

But why is diesel $1.00 plus more then gas?

There was a time when it was only 20 cents difference or less.

Is diesel the profit fuel now that premium once was?
                          2006 Titanium Level 3 'Wing with a few 'farkles. From Mesa, Az.
                          My avatar is me from a recent summer ride in the Phoenix Az area:"Its a dry heat"

• HBarlow
                            HBarlow commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Because our stupid government surrenders to the wishes of leftist voters who don't like diesel fuel. The US government punishes diesel fuel users by adding a large tax to the price of every gallon we buy.

Late model diesel engines are now soot free and essentially odor free - much cleaner burning than older carbureted gasoline engines but the leftists still impose their goofy wishes on government.

If you vote for democrats you are voting for higher fuel taxes.

Well here south of Fort Worth at QT its 2.28 for Reg (10% Ethnol) and 2.96 for Diesel today!!!

Was in south Texas this morning / Three Rivers has a Valero Refinery there /The price there in town was 2.73 Reg and 3.36 Diesel within 2 miles of the refinery.........
                          Last edited by Solidbob; 12-04-2014, 06:39 PM. Reason: Forgot.....
                          Retired, Lifetime NRA, IBA #5831, AMA Lifer, HOG Lifer, Gypsy Tour Rider

"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

$2.51 to around $2.55 for Regular here in North Jersey.

Originally posted by azsandrider View Post
                              But why is diesel $1.00 plus more then gas?

There was a time when it was only 20 cents difference or less.

Is diesel the profit fuel now that premium once was?
                              The days of cheap diesel are long past thanks to the added refining and additional additives necessary to produce emissions compliant ultra low sulfur diesel.
                              Basically what we have now is lower quality diesel fuel at higher prices.

2.64 to 279 here in Florida getting close to the election this stuff always happens. Watch what happens after the election pay back time.
                                2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

I went to Las Vegas Last week and stopped in Baker for gas, paid over $4.00/gal. My advice, fill up in Barstow or anywhere else for that matter.
                                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                  Ken
                                  ..........Central California.........'03 1800 Durango red, the fastest color

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it".......Mark Twain

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity."........ Abraham Lincoln

Originally posted by jmohme View Post

The days of cheap diesel are long past thanks to the added refining and additional additives necessary to produce emissions compliant ultra low sulfur diesel.
                                    Basically what we have now is lower quality diesel fuel at higher prices.
                                    That maybe true of Truck Diesel, but Mercedes had such a hard time trying to get their engines to run on our crappy diesel that they almost stopped all imports of their cars. It was the sulfur that was killing them.
                                    Missinformation just met Mr information.

Gas prices in ND are still in the 2.74 area. Don't understand why when we are number 2 in oil production we have some the highest prices. Highway robbery...

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page