2012 Triple Trees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Triple Trees

This may have been discussed before but I couldn't find it with a search so here goes, I have a chance to get the triple trees off a 2012 model Goldwing from a trike builder who raked the bike when he installed the trike kit. I can see where the bottom tree has some gussets to strengthen it and was wondering if this would help the handling at low speeds in parking lots etc. I want to install tapered bearings in the fork stems and thought if it was already torn down it wouldn't take any more work. Does anyone know if the later model triple trees will work on older model Wings?
    Larry
    Red 2008 GL1800 (The Fastest Color)

The 2012 tree will work on your 2008. It is my understanding that the 2012 tree does in fact have more support and that will help a little during slow maneuvers. Also, member Rocky has a reinforced tree that he has made. You want to send him a PM. I think it is either a "pay me now" or "pay me later" type of deal. You can pay a little now for a reinforced tree, or purchase a fork brace. Good luck.
    Richard
    Darksider #390
    Murgie's FAQ

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Thanks I appreciate the info
      Larry

Here is the differences between the lower triple trees.

Click image for larger version

Name:	264fdc4f-62a2-46d5-912b-3a656a5f2ce0_zps51595ef9.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	329.5 KB
ID:	113069

In 2012 Honda added some improvements to the lower tree. To bad they stopped short of making it way better!

You'll see the thicker girth outer edge. vs the 2001-2010 tree above it.
        The added the center Rib.
        and a tad more metal near the fork tube holes.

Name:	3491682a-0b6a-4ab3-a13b-353e798458c1_zpsc5b87519.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	113070

What I did was create a boxed tree. The process is proprietary. and intensive.

A 1/4 plate is shaped/angled/welded/heat treated/powder coated.

What you get is something that will change the handling of the bike like nothing else out there can do with a single part change.

Name:	2012-(1).JPG
Views:	74
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	113071Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-(2).JPG
Views:	67
Size:	404.9 KB
ID:	113072

So far 68 people have tried/bought one, and enjoy how there bike now reacts to their commands on many different types of roads.

You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Rocky you have an adjustable T is it boxed?

Originally posted by orange winger2 View Post
            Rocky you have an adjustable T is it boxed?
            Not sure I understand you question?. please explain.

I think he is crossing information from your risers to your tree.

Originally posted by biglefti View Post
                I think he is crossing information from your risers to your tree.
                This is why I asked him to explain his question.

I think that if I were going to go as far s to replace the triple tree, I would go the extra step and go with something better than what comes off of a 12.
                  Spend the extra money and go with either an improved tree or one of the aluminum ones.

Originally posted by jmohme View Post
                    I think that if I were going to go as far s to replace the triple tree, I would go the extra step and go with something better than what comes off of a 12.
                    Spend the extra money and go with either an improved tree or one of the aluminum ones.
                    I agree. The 2012 is a slight improvement. The reinforced tree Rocky shows is what I have on my bike now. It's a night and day difference even coming from the 2012 'improved' tree. It's among the best improvements I've put on my bike. I did it the same time I did all-balls and Progressive Mono-tubes. HUGE improvement that you won't regret.
                    Costa Mesa, CA
                    2012 RED GL1800

Great information, and glarson3 has a good point. If I am going to the trouble of changing out the trees might as well go with the strongest ones available. Now I need to get in touch with Rocky and see if I can get the ball rolling.
                      Larry

Larry. PM replied too.
                        ************************************************** *******

Rocky sorry about not explaining, you have the adjustable handle bar is it boxed? Or is the boxed one for the lower triple tree?

Rocky sorry about not explaining, you have the adjustable handle bar is it boxed? Or is the boxed one for the lower triple tree?
                            I think you are talking about my Handle bar "Comfort Risers".?. If so- yes they are adjustable.

These are them.

• WB-Ron
                              WB-Ron commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Rocky, I've been trying to contact you about buying a pair of your comfort risers. Please shoot me a PM with details on price and ordering.

Thanks - Ron

My bad I thought that the triple tree had groves also. Now you understqand why it takes me a looooong time to do any work on my bike. Thanks Rocky

Rocky Price on the adjustable risers.

Rocky Price on the adjustable risers.
                                PM sent.

I want some comfort risers. How do i order a set?? Wil they fit a 2014 wing??

Originally posted by Biggerfoots View Post
                                    I don't think the triple trees changed in 2012+ models. Rocky will know.
                                    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
                                    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Originally posted by Biggerfoots View Post
                                      Yes the Comfort risers will fit your 14 and ALL GL1800's. They all use the same top Bridge on the triple tree.

Sending you an email from your PM. Sorry I was out of town and trying to get caught up after I returned.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page