Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Side, Side Stand

I came across this side stand a couple of weeks ago and ordered one. It cost $47 delivered.

It comes from RRR Tool Solutions www.rrrtoolsolutions.com

It comes in a nice tool wrap that is 12" long by about 3" x 2".

It assembles in about 15 seconds. On the Wing, in the picture, I have one hole above where the pin is. So I'm not using all the possible height.

It is mainly designed for dirt/adventure riding use and comes with a tent peg to secure the foot. The foot is all metal so I think I'm going to glue a rubber pad to the bottom of it to aid the traction a little on tarmac/concrete surfaces.

'08 Goldwing Lvl 3
    '12 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC
    '08 KTM 300XCW
    '07 Ducati 1098S
    www.gl1800visor.com

It says $34 on the website. Is it $13 to ship?

http://shop.rrrtoolsolutions.com/3R-...RMotoStand.htm

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Payment:
      Your order balance is $46.80 which will be paid via PayPal Express Checkout.

Order Contents:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Qty | Item # | Description | Price Each | Total Price
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      1 | RRRMotoStand | 3R Moto Stand - New & Improved Features | $34.00 | $34.00
      Subtotal $34.00
      Tax $0.00
      Shipping (Priority Mail®) & Handling $12.80
      Balance Due $46.80

Yes

'08 Goldwing Lvl 3
      '12 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC
      '08 KTM 300XCW
      '07 Ducati 1098S
      www.gl1800visor.com

That could be handy at times for various bikes and situations but for $47 I would be inclined to make one myself of a similar design. What is the green handle part in the picture with the bag? I do not see that anywhere after it is set up.
        Dave - High up in Arizona - Black Metallic 2019 DCT

Originally posted by 530ktm View Post
          That could be handy at times for various bikes and situations but for $47 I would be inclined to make one myself of a similar design. What is the green handle part in the picture with the bag? I do not see that anywhere after it is set up.
          That is the tent stake to use when you are parked on the ground and not on asphalt.

I had seen something like this years ago on a 1500.

I talked to the bikes owner.
            He said, It was used to stop the Wind from blowing a bike over with a cover on it.

It's much safer on the side stand than the center stand in windy conditions.

It was made out of PVC with a threaded rod for adjustments.

The guy said it cost him less than $5 to make.

Life is Tough, But It's Tougher If You're Stupid: "John Wayne"

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
              I had seen something like this years ago on a 1500.

I talked to the bikes owner.
              He said, It was used to stop the Wind from blowing a bike over with a cover on it.

It's much safer on the side stand than the center stand in windy conditions.

It was made out of PVC with a threaded rod for adjustments.

The guy said it cost him less than $5 to make.

Rocky, Got any plans or instructions on how to make one of these?

Nope. but looking at the picture says a trip for the needed parts is just a Home Depot trip away.

The only thing I'd add is a piece of string from it to a handlebar as a reminder it's on after I remove the cover.

Then I won't pull a muscle trying to get the dam beast up off the side stand..lol
                Life is Tough, But It's Tougher If You're Stupid: "John Wayne"

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
                  Nope. but looking at the picture says a trip for the needed parts is just a Home Depot trip away.

The only thing I'd add is a piece of string from it to a handlebar as a reminder it's on after I remove the cover.

Then I won't pull a muscle trying to get the dam beast up off the side stand..lol
                  Everything but that "U" shaped piece at the top should be readily available at Lowe's or your favorite home improvement store. If you find a lead on that top piece, let me know.

Originally posted by wingleader09 View Post

Everything but that "U" shaped piece at the top should be readily available at Lowe's or your favorite home improvement store. If you find a lead on that top piece, let me know.
                    Should be able to find them along with the rubber coated hooks at the Home Depot.
                    John

Dark Sider 1020
                    Michlin Alpin PA3 ZP
                    Centramatic Wheel Balancers

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page