Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An important safety product that we should all support

I saw this on RoadRunner magazine's Facebook page todat and thought it was worth passing along. This looks like it could save some lives!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...d-signal-light
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

That is a great idea, like the 3rd brake light on a car. I wonder if it is easily removable because I would not want one on my helmet if my wife is on the back clunking heads all the time.
    Dave - High up in Arizona - Black Metallic 2019 DCT

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I'd take my wife's nose off with a big thing like that on the back of my helmet. never mind blinding her.

Now for a small bike that only has a single small light, this would help them a lot.

But not on a wing with as many OEM lights it has on it.

I have two strobes on the back end of my bike that even Ray Charles could see.

Life is Tough, But It's Tougher If You're Stupid: "John Wayne"

I have to question that the most common collision is rear ending from other vehicles. I am sure it dose happen but the most common?
        Maybe up your way.

Certainly not the case in my neck of the woods here Downunder.
        Here being t-boned from cars entering from the side roads and driveways or cars turning across your drive-line are most common cause of collision.

The large protruding light would compromise my pillion.

I like the setup on Rocky's ride above.
        Hard wired with no batteries to replace.
        GL1800 8A - TRIUMPH SCRAMBLER 900

Kiwi, I think you're right. I believe T-bone accidents are the most common, or maybe just the most often fatal accident. I would be curious if this setup is even legal. I've been told by CHP that a camera mounted to your helmet was illegal. The concern is that on impact the mount could be pushed through the helmet. Novel idea, but I prefer the setup Rocky has. I have something very similar, and it's most likely far more visible than that setup, and won't be obstructed by a passenger.
          Costa Mesa, CA
          2012 RED GL1800

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
            I have to question that the most common collision is rear ending from other vehicles. I am sure it dose happen but the most common?
            Maybe up your way.

Certainly not the case in my neck of the woods here Downunder.
            Here being t-boned from cars entering from the side roads and driveways or cars turning across your drive-line are most common cause of collision.

The large protruding light would compromise my pillion.

I like the setup on Rocky's ride above.
            Hard wired with no batteries to replace.
            Same here in the States Kiwi. I have my doubts about that statement also. I'd say that right-of-way violations are the most common cause of car/bike collisions not getting rear ended. For us right-siders it's often from cars making a left turn in front of us.

Hmmm, kinda cool, but I'd like a quick disconnect so I can swap with my wifes helmet. But, the more lights the better from the rear.
              Life is all about decisions. I decided for Jesus Christ.
              04 All White
              Mich Alpin PA3
              Darkside #956

I believe the G-Max G54 helmet has built in LED's I think it has three modes steady, flashing and off. You can also get a wireless device so it becomes a brake light. It has been around for at least a year that I know of.

I loked at the site- it is held with 3M's all weather "hook and loop type" of fastener, which, just like Velcro, can easily be separated so it can go right to 3M on pillion ridier's helmet without modification or switching. Sounds like agreat product, but I recently helped kickstart a luminescent tape/wire setup for helmets to increase visibility at night. If I hadn't I'd do this. Check Lightmode-electroluminescent motorcycle helmets- they sell complete helmet or kit to do your own. They were looking for $2500 - got that in 7 hours- raised $25,000. Kits are around $70 should be out shortly (this month?). I will report when I get it.

Here is another way to go if you want to be noticed without adding things to your helmet.

You can get creative with designs too. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleu...4944/202058511

The possibilities are endless..
                    Life is Tough, But It's Tougher If You're Stupid: "John Wayne"

I already have this - Bought a GMAX Helmet At WOS and got the kit with the wireless Transmitter and Brake light to add it after we got back - Works great I Attached it and placed it (transmitter) under the Trunk lid - Operates the LED's With the brakes.

Replaced a ARAI and the Gmax Fits the same for me. $75 bucks for the Helmet -Light Kit $29.00
                      Whoever said money can’t buy happiness, never paid for a divorce

IBA # 40576

For more info on Lightmode see Oct Wingworld- "Ignition- Quick Hits" for writeup. Maybe I can set it up so I can put the signal light over the liminescant tape. The advantage of the Lightmode is that it has 360 degree visibility

I like the high visibility that the helmet light provides, not really sure it would increase that much safety over the modulating brake light and spoiler light that I have on the back of the wing.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page