Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin StreetPilot 2820

Anyone use one? I just picked up a Brand New Old Stock in original box and wrapped in the factory plastic from Ebay, it has the XM Antenna/Receiver with it, my winning bid 127.00, seems a shame with a 2014 Wing that I need to get another GPS......serious short coming on the Wing, anyways, wondering if anybody has used one and has any feedback?
    Tony C.
    2014 GL1800 Level 3 Black
    Why Black?
    Cause Everyone Knows the Black Ones Are Faster!

No, but I have a cheaper model that I stick on a speaker grill with Scotch DualLock. It doesn't have the XM- I'd be interested to know if the weather is available all the time- if you decide to subscribe to that for storm avoidance. I hate that it only shows on the '12 'Wing's GPS when stopped. Can you let us know if you do subscribe?

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I had one, it was good, worked well, but rather heavy and needs a substantial mount.

Brand new old stock? Hard to believe that as they where very popular when new.

Mine lost it Blue tooth feature after I upgraded the firmware. Called Garmin and they said that should not have happened, would you like a new Zumo 550? I took the Zumo. The 550 had a problem after two years, called up Garmin and they said, nope that is not right, would you like a Zumo 660? I took the 600 and that is what is on my wing today

Rick
      2010 GL1800ADA (CDN eh!)
      DS 1126
      15 Tiger 800 XCX
      14 WR250R
      95 FLSTC Sold to a nice family.

Originally posted by RaConnol View Post
        I had one, it was good, worked well, but rather heavy and needs a substantial mount.

Brand new old stock? Hard to believe that as they where very popular when new.

Mine lost it Blue tooth feature after I upgraded the firmware. Called Garmin and they said that should not have happened, would you like a new Zumo 550? I took the Zumo. The 550 had a problem after two years, called up Garmin and they said, nope that is not right, would you like a Zumo 660? I took the 600 and that is what is on my wing today

Rick
        Bran New, guys selling stuff from an Estate found in his Dads house, it was a gift and never used as his Dad was afraid of Technology. Works great so far haven't mounted it.
        I'm going to mount it on the Glove Box, got a Glove Box Cover on Ebay for 25.00 was on bike for 3 days and the guy put a Kuryakin Glove Box setup on his bike, I figure I can hard mount it and keep the original Glove box cover in the trunk and swap when not using GPS.
        Tony C.
        Why Black?

Originally posted by CaptLen View Post
          No, but I have a cheaper model that I stick on a speaker grill with Scotch DualLock. It doesn't have the XM- I'd be interested to know if the weather is available all the time- if you decide to subscribe to that for storm avoidance. I hate that it only shows on the '12 'Wing's GPS when stopped. Can you let us know if you do subscribe?

Will do havnt mounted it yet just goofing in house with it so far, should have it setup this weekend and will look into the weather part of it.
          Tony C.
          Why Black?

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page