Are you Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, et al?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, et al?

I am trying to determine how social media savvy our membership is. I personally hate Facebook and Twitter and only use them because my business demands it. How about you?
    Facebook
    37.65%
    Twitter
    9.41%
    Instagram
    2.35%
    Linked In
    15.29%
    Google +
    14.12%
    YouTube
    17.65%
    Pinterest
    3.53%
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Need a "None of the Above" option. I'd argue that I'm tech savvy; just choose not to put my life out there for the world to scrub.
    2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
    USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
    US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
    2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
    2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by clayusmcret View Post
      Need a "None of the Above" option. I'd argue that I'm tech savvy; just choose not to put my life out there for the world to scrub.
      This forum is my only "social media outlet".
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Ken
      ..........Central California.........'03 1800 Durango red, the fastest color

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it".......Mark Twain

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity."........ Abraham Lincoln

Yep - none of 'em.

This age group in general aren't social media users...these are well-known facts.

As many have mentioned, *this* is about all the social media can handle.

Really only use Twitter as a source for reading articles of interest and the occasional opinion statement. Got involved with LinkedIn from previous gig, but don't really use it. Sorta fun to see what folks are doing career wise.

I'll go to the forums but my life stays at home. Even with my phone I joke about having a dumb phone and if you call and I dont answer dont leave a text or voice mail. I'll get back to you when I'm available just like I do with my house phone.

Good golly you old Luddite guys. My parents, age 89 and 87 are avid facebook users. They like to keep track of their kids, grandkids and great grandkids. They each have an iPad and iPhone and my Dad has a hig-powered Mac with a huge monitor. My Mom also plays a mean game of "Words with Friends" -- have 3 games going with her now and she is beating me on two of them.

If I ever posted my face on Facebook, they would shut down the site.

I avoided all of those social networking sites for a long time. I still think that it's all a bit weird but I finally gave it a try and it has turned out to be a fairly valuable marketing tool for my photography business.

I am on facebook, it keeps me in touch with the few friends I have,,,

I use facebook to keep up with family and OLD friends.
                        Iron Station, NC
                        2003 GL1800A Illusion Blue
                        USAF

I'm on Facebook at least once a day, belong to Linked-in but don't know why. Facebook is a great media to keep up with Wingers friends across the country.
                          Member of the Hann-Amigo Trio
                          Member of the Stone Pony's

Originally posted by remphoto View Post
                            Good golly you old Luddite guys. My parents, age 89 and 87 are avid facebook users. They like to keep track of their kids, grandkids and great grandkids. They each have an iPad and iPhone and my Dad has a hig-powered Mac with a huge monitor. My Mom also plays a mean game of "Words with Friends" -- have 3 games going with her now and she is beating me on two of them.
                            I did facebook for one month, predominantly to get pictures from our two sons. Was inundated with farmville crud and other games (some people like these - I do not), which actor am I most like in (pick a movie), the mindless every day ramblings of an actual friend who complained about having to clean the bathroom on Saturday, greatly extended family members becoming ****ed off because I hesitated friending them, being reminded of why I had not kept up with a number of old high school friends, privacy settings being reset to Public by unannounced policy decisions three times (in the one month)....and the coup de grâce was my ~78 year old mother, who had never touched a computer, belittling me because I refused to friend her great grandchildren. I asked her what that meant and she didn't even know; just knew they were *****ing about it. The facebook account was shut down that evening.

Did Linked In for a bit until it was hacked a number of times and I started getting all kinds of spam from it.

I'm not talking down people who use these - good on'em. Wish I worked at JC Penney's so I could open my life to the world, but if a friend wants to talk I prefer a phone. If he/she cannot call I live on email. If he/she can't call or email, they really didn't want to talk to to begin with. They just wanted to see their own thoughts validated by others. I have Disqus for that.
                            2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
                            USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
                            US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
                            2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
                            2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

We are testing some new social media "share" links on TheGLForum. These buttons can be found in the header above our logo. They allow you to share the page/thread you are viewing on your FB page. If you have time, please try these out and let us know the results.

Protector of the realm.

I use a few of the mentioned media. I am only 60 yrs old. The older coots dont use social media. LOL ..
                                2013 Red Airbag 1800

Is there such a thing as a young coot? What exactly is a "coot" anyway?
                                  GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
                                  Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

• speedy1
                                    speedy1 commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Isn't it a bird or some kind of duck.

• Tony in AZ
                                    Tony in AZ commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    "a foolish or eccentric person, typically an old man" : an informal definition , I found online. Must be true. LOL You have old coots, then older coots I mentioned. Maybe over 64 yrs of age for older coot? ?

I joined Facebook only because an organization of which I'm an elected officer has a Facebook page. I'm trying to keep from having Twitter, Instagram, etc.

None of the above.
                                    Ron
                                    2002 GL1800A Darksider #1312
                                    Experience is the hardest teacher because she gives the test first,
                                    and the lesson afterward ~ Vernon Sanders Law

I got sucked into FB by 2 of my daughters. It helps keep up with family and friends. Got signed up to Instagram when a grand daughter had my phone. I have no idea how it works...

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page