Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable Battery Jumper

There are so many of these portable Battery jumpers out there these days, with one Claiming" to have more Starting amps than the other.

And the fact that as soon as you buy one. they come out with a new n improved model tomorrow (lol)

I been on the fence for one for a while (for peace of mind)

They don't take up much room (I drag a hefty 25cu/ft storage box anyways-lol) and could help others if not myself at some point.

So if you have one?. Please state brand/model where you purchased it. and your experience using it.

TIA.
    **You may not like the Truth-But that doesn't change it!**

"Life is Tough-It's tougher when you are stupid"

The Devil whispered "I'm coming for you"!
    I whispered back "Bring Beer"

I have one I bought when I still had the White wing. Since I've owned the 03 wing for 5 or 6 years and my new one for 2.5 years. During that time I pull it out at the beginning of riding season and give it a top off charge, and it is usually at 80% charge or more when I do that. I bought it for $59 from WalMart back then but can't remember what the actual brand is. I've never used it for myself, but I did jump a friends Burgman a couple of times in Eureka Springs, AR a few years back. The most impressive thing though was when I came out of a restaurant and this guy with a big Ram pickup came out to a dead battery. I told him I had just the deal and got my jump battery out. I hooked it up thinking no way this is going to work. I must say it wasn't spinning that engine, but after a couple of groans it fired up. I'm a believer!

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

• biglefti
      biglefti commented
      Editing a comment
      Update! After checking that I was good to go as far as the recall, I decided to do my annual top off charge before the riding season, yes ours starts now. It wouldn't take a charge and after a bit of fiddling to be sure, it is after almost 7 years, TU. I ordered one Rocky said is for cheap bass tords like me and it should arrive today.

• Rocky
      Rocky commented
      Editing a comment
      After our little discussion- yesterday.
      I found a better one for a little more $$ (I'm not a cheap bassturd)

• biglefti
      biglefti commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm happy with another 7 years. Probably be dead before that. lol

Had to use this antigravity XP-3 two weeks ago on the GSA, worked well.
    Attached Files

https://www.costco.com/type-s-lithiu...100425276.html

Never used it.
      Ken (IBA #50030) & Grace (IBA #62768)Tucson, AZ"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕMy blog

• RoadRat
        RoadRat commented
        Editing a comment
        I've got the same one but like you I have never had to use it. I do make sure that it's ready to go when needed.

I settled on this one. It had a lot of good reviews. https://www.amazon.com/LOFTEK-20800m...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Battery pack showed up less than 24 hours after ordering it.

3 of the 4 lights were lit when I powered it up.

Ahhh for a test mule.

The resto bike has a dead battery in it. (I charged it to start the bike a couple months ago)

I ordered a new battery and haven't installed it yet.

I turn on the Ign. Not one warning dash light lit up.(Perfect test subject)

I connect the unit. Power it up. Turn on the ignition. Bike Roared to life again (LOL)

Now the battery pack is getting fully charged, Job well done!.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5007.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	135095 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5008.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	135096

Ordered mine on line couple years ago. SUAOKI T10, ....12000mAh . Jumps starts motorcycle batteries easily and multiple times on one charge. I’ve jumped my cars multiple times. Used it several times at work for dead batteries in the parking lot. Charges my phone and tablets! Has a built in flashlight! Holds a charge long time. I am sure it could sit in my bike a year and work fine when needed. Highly recommend.

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
            I settled on this one. It had a lot of good reviews. https://www.amazon.com/LOFTEK-20800m...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Battery pack showed up less than 24 hours after ordering it.

3 of the 4 lights were lit when I powered it up.

Ahhh for a test mule.

The resto bike has a dead battery in it. (I charged it to start the bike a couple months ago)

I ordered a new battery and haven't installed it yet.

I turn on the Ign. Not one warning dash light lit up.(Perfect test subject)

I connect the unit. Power it up. Turn on the ignition. Bike Roared to life again (LOL)

Now the battery pack is getting fully charged, Job well done!.

Name:	IMG_5007.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	135095 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5008.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	135096

Will this work on a car battery to?

• Rocky
              Rocky commented
              Editing a comment
              in Short. that's where it works best.
              Click on the link I posted for the spec's.

Originally posted by Rocky View Post

And the fact that as soon as you buy one. they come out with a new n improved model tomorrow (lol)
            I saw this same thing back in the 70's with drag racing...they would come out with the best thing around & as soon all of us had brought it...there would be something else come out ..that would cut your time by 2 tenths of a second....The game is still being played..

Originally posted by Haste Maker View Post
              I saw this same thing back in the 70's with drag racing...they would come out with the best thing around & as soon all of us had brought it...there would be something else come out ..that would cut your time by 2 tenths of a second....The game is still being played..
              I hear that. we played that game in SCCA & IMSA back in the 80's.

I have 1 from Batteries Plus. Used it twice in 2 or 3 years - did the trick. Seems to lose 5% or so of it's charge every 5 or 6 months.
                About a C-note ad I recall.

I ended up returning the Jumper in post 6.

I went with this unit, because it has a LED Volt meter in the Jumper cables.
                  https://www.amazon.com/DBPOWER-19200.../dp/B07DWSYYZR

I figure, get a unit that tells you on the spot if the vehicle being started, has a Alternator that is charging or not?.

Name:	Mine 2.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	135213

Name:	MINE.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	135214

I have one of the original Anitgravity ones. Never had to use on the bike, but did start a friends Durango V8 with it. Put it on, let it set for a few minutes and it fired right up.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page