Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hell on Wheels" - See No Evil episode on the death of a motorcyclist

On a couple of other forums (this really got around at the time...) there was quite the discussion about the tragic death of Larry Weaver in Sikeston, MO in June of 2016. You can read the extensive news coverage of this that happened at that time; quick Google search will find it. He was killed while trying to recover his motorcycle in a robbery.

The Investigation Discovery channel has a documentary series called See No Evil, which reveals how serious crimes are solved by using surveillance cameras as a key witness.

The episode that relates to this unfortunate incident will premier on Wednesday May 20th, 2020 at 9pm EST/8pm Central, on the Investigation Discovery network, with repeat screenings from then on. The episode is called "Hell On Wheels".

My DVR has been set.
    Ken (IBA #50030) & Grace (IBA #62768)Tucson, AZ"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕMy blog

I remember reading this sad story.

I am glad they were all caught!!!

R.I.P Larry

Stories about the tragedy.

https://www.morningsun.net/news/2016...f-larry-weaver

https://standard-democrat.com/story/2550034.html
    **You may not like the Truth-But that doesn't change it!**
    "Life is Tough-It's tougher when you are stupid"
    1981 CB900C -DCT
    1986 GL1200 SEi - DCT
    2004 GL1800 - "Modified Ring & Pinion"

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Like others on this forum I followed this story from the very beginning until this most recent thread. Nobody deserves to die the way that Larry did and yes I'm glad that everyone was caught and sentenced, BUT prison time even life in prison is too good a sentence for them. Lock them in a room with the family members for a couple of hours and then drag whats left of them off to prison. RIP Larry
      When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
      Jimi Hendrix
      Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

Local newspaper story on tonight's show...

https://standard-democrat.com/story/2810648.html

Ken (IBA #50030) & Grace (IBA #62768)Tucson, AZ"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕMy blog

Just watched the show. Could happen to anyone of us while we are out on the road.

His poor Wife lost two husbands.

For me the sentence was too light for all three, Yet two did expose the real killer.

Would of been really hard to prosecute any of them other than for Theft.

R.I P. Larry.
          1981 CB900C -DCT
          1986 GL1200 SEi - DCT

I'd witnessed the story unfold thru another forum. Thus, I knew (most) of what happened; it was difficult watching it with my wife.

It's given me a bit of perspective on what to do or not do in certain situations while riding alone.

I just don't see the need to change any of my habits when I travel.

It is Well Known!!

1. Not many if ANY, Goldwings are ever Stolen.

2. Harley guys use, Bike covers with "GOLDWING" on them. (To confuse thieves)

3. No self respecting Thief would steal a Goldwing. "Because they can't sell the whole thing"
              They don't have the time to part it out.

4. It's well known, Goldwingers don't carry cash. No chance of being Robbed. (They do however carry DQ coupons)

5. No Motorcycle is worth my life!!

Top Ten Motorcycles That Won't Ever Get Stolen.

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/2...er-get-stolen/
              1981 CB900C -DCT
              1986 GL1200 SEi - DCT

• biglefti
                biglefti commented
                Editing a comment
                Of course you are just describing the pre 18 Goldwing and riders!

• Rocky
                Rocky commented
                Editing a comment
                You are one of those. Living in "Denial"

• biglefti
                biglefti commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm just living till I'm gone.
            Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page