Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hein Gericke Jacket

Having this jacket for more than ten years, on my last trip the “armor” in the forearm area seemed dislodged or had slipped to an uncomfortable position... so today I went to investigate what may have happened... well long story short the “armor” had completely disintegrated leaving nothing but broken pieces and black dust.....

Does ANYBODY know where I can buy replacement “armor” I have to replace them ALL, living in a arid environment may have been the culprit

Thanks in advance

Mattbcnv
    "2018 Turd Brown Metallic sissy shifter"

You may need to save what you can on the pads you can extract from the jacket for sizing.

Then, try this for a starting point:

https://www.motorcyclegear.com/stree...ls_in_apparel/

You might find something close. With good measurements of your existing pads, they have some measurements that might get you really close.

Hint: The D30 stuff is nice; it's thinner and softer than most.

Ken (IBA #50030) & Grace (IBA #62768)Tucson, AZ"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕMy blog

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Thanks Ken,

I just pulled the rest of um out and no joy totally disintegrated, can’t believe is myself, the back protection is 100% go figure, I’ll have to measure the pockets and go from there, great site...

mattbcnv

Matt. When I needed Joe Rocket pads. I called the manufacture. They sent me a replacement set for free.

Worth a shot to go to the manufacture. At the least get what fits your jacket.
        **You may not like the Truth-But that doesn't change it!**
        "Life is Tough-It's tougher when you are stupid"
        1981 CB900C -DCT
        1986 GL1200 SEi - DCT
        2004 GL1800 - "Modified Ring & Pinion"

Originally posted by Mattbcnv View Post
        Thanks Ken,

I just pulled the rest of um out and no joy totally disintegrated, can’t believe is myself, the back protection is 100% go figure, I’ll have to measure the pockets and go from there, great site...

mattbcnv
        So, you should be able to find pads that are pretty close in size. D3O does a LOT of gear for different manufacturers. Since that brand was related long, long ago to FirstGear, I'd probably try to start there and see what'll come close.

https://www.d3o.com/our-products/motorcycle-protection/

Luck to ya!
        Ken (IBA #50030) & Grace (IBA #62768)Tucson, AZ"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕMy blog

Glad you posted Matt. I've got a Joe Rocket that's 10 years old. I'm gonna pull them out and look at them.

Originally posted by ShooterF6B View Post
            Glad you posted Matt. I've got a Joe Rocket that's 10 years old. I'm gonna pull them out and look at them.
            That HG jacket was NOT cheap I think I paid 400.00 for it, and it’s very nice, has a state of the art wet weather insert and is rugged and well made... I could ride in a driving rainstorm and arrive totally dry....I couldn’t believe what I discovered when I took the armor out... having said all that I would encourage anyone that has a jacket with armor to check it periodically and take pictures of the armor so it can easily be replaced when it fails..... I’ll post a pic in I can figure it out....

Click image for larger version

Name:	17289F78-FE33-4DE5-8952-AA3E6FC1B8E8.jpeg
Views:	151
Size:	371.0 KB
ID:	121864

mattbcnv

• kwthom
              kwthom commented
              Editing a comment
              Damn...that's a mess! That's old-school foam - if the jacket itself is still worth spending the $$$, getting some of that 3DO stuff will make you love that jacket again.

• Rocky
              Rocky commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow, I've had A pad break in half, but nothing like what happened to yours.

How old are those pads??

• Mattbcnv
              Mattbcnv commented
              Editing a comment
              I think I bought it in 2004...

Matt thanks for posting never even gave that crap a thought what about RevZilla i would thing they may have what you need. Ride Safe Ride A lot
            2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page