Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip with a Harley rider

So I just took a nice 1600 mile 5 day trip through the Black hills, my friend was riding a 3 year old $34,000 Harley Ultra. He used to be a Honda rider but now is a full fledged Harley sucker, can't even ride without all the Harley gear, shirts, boots, helmet, etc.
    Guess what? It broke down!!
    About an hour into day 3, a perfect riding day, we had to go to Rapid City Harley, (I felt sick being in there the entire time!)
    They said it was the water pump. He got a 2 year standard warranty on it so it wasn't even covered, cost him about $700.
    He was good enough to rent one from them for the day so we didn't have to sit and wait all day for it, that cost him another $220.
    I really like having a Goldwing and would never have a Harley! That think shakes so much I am afraid I'll get hit by a bolt flying off of it.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Related Topics

Collapse

• Chef Riser
    Harley Ultra Converts
    by Chef Riser
    Any input from those Harley Ultra Riders that made the switch to the new 2018 GW. I'm coming directly from a 2016 Ultra Limited - although I have had Gl1500, Valkyrie Interstate and 2008 GL1800. Just...
    01-29-2019, 02:29 PM
  • HBarlow
    Can I Join?
    by HBarlow
    I just finished reading through all the Iron Butt related posts. I was not previously aware there were so many Iron Butt riders and so much experience and knowledge here. I would like to solicit your...
    02-24-2015, 11:23 AM
  • Gizmo
    The Gixxer
    by Gizmo
    This is a true story that happened at the local drive-in a few years ago. I have used quotes to illustrate my recollections from that conversation.

The kid was wearing a backwards cap,...
    01-24-2019, 07:58 AM
  • hparsons
    Goose Island State Park Trip
    by hparsons
    Goose Island

Last year, my wife and I were looking to go to the coast (Texas coast) for a long weekend. I had fond memories of some of the beaches on Mustang Island, and noticed that there...
    09-10-2014, 01:32 PM
  • bobbsmith
    Went for a Ride
    by bobbsmith
    Went and got my 17th Belt Buckle from the SCMA Three Flags Classic, on Labour Day Weekend Left Kamloops.Aug 22 with a friend headed for Tucson Arizona. Finished day one, Yakima Wa. Day 2 went to Canby, ...
    09-19-2014, 02:25 PM
Working...
X