Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOT as F

don’t know about the rest of you, but here in Nevada it is hotter than a 50 dollar hooker!!!!

Gonna take a break from riding, ATGATT does NOT work in 100* plus temps.....

What’s the weather like where YOU are....

Mattbcnv
    2018 Pearl Stallion Brown DCT

Only $50?

Though you hung out at the higher end joints...

About 400 miles in June, maybe 400 more in July. I dunno - still early.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

• ShooterF6B
      ShooterF6B commented
      Editing a comment
      $50 buys more in some areas than others. Don't let them get to you Matt.

• kwthom
      kwthom commented
      Editing a comment
      The low this morning was 69° this morning as the sun came up, so I put in a couple of hours doing some yard work.

It's now 8 am and it's 80°. I think I go for a ride tomorrow morning...early!

I'll do about 1500 in July, maybe 3000 in August, and probably another 3000 in September. Today, I only made it to Home Depot and back.

It was 95 today here in Rio Rancho NM. Rain this evening. cooled diwn to 75 degrees. Hookers are likely more but cooler here. Lol.
      2007 GL1800 level1
      2015 Hannigan Trike n 2009 Tailwind

Originally posted by Mattbcnv View Post
        don’t know about the rest of you, but here in Nevada it is hotter than a 50 dollar hooker!!!!

Gonna take a break from riding, ATGATT does NOT work in 100* plus temps.....

What’s the weather like where YOU are....

Mattbcnv
        Drinking that much booze on a Hot day to make the $50 investment look good is, "Fast tracking" to heat exhaustion.

64 here now, by 1:00 PM it will be 69.
        yesterday was a blistering 70.

Sucks to live by the Coast.
        You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
        "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".

Upper 80's to low 90's with high humidity in central Kansas....feels hotter! It's gonna be tough getting into rides here.
          2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
          USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
          US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
          2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
          2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

• Rocky
            Rocky commented
            Editing a comment
            Clay. I see the towns pop is 2005 (2017).
            Question. How did you decide on such a big metropolis,with no traffic lights and only 2 fillin' stations in the "town"?

• clayusmcret
            clayusmcret commented
            Editing a comment
            Rocky, we searched for houses within a ~30 mile area matching what we wanted and the house we selected just happened to be in this little town. It's close enough to actual metro areas to get everything we need, but far enough away from daily traffic to enjoy life. It is a cute little town. Thanks for asking. And hey, it has a 4-way blinking light (and I think only one gas station)!

93° yesterday. Rained twice. Humidity was 90%. Kinda like a rainforest Matt. Badazz to say the least. Only gets down to about 80° at night. Early morning rides till about 11 is about all I want right now. The HD boys are wearing flip flops , short pants and tank tops. That's how hot it is.

We put in ~315 miles in central Kansas today. Found a scenic bypass route through the Flint Hills that was outstanding! Temps were in the upper 80's to low 90's. It was quite comfortable since we were always rolling in the countryside.
            2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders

pretty much perfect riding weather now, up here in the great white north, Minnesota. 75-85 degree days. Just rode through South Dakota last week and it was 103 and humid with a 40-50 side wind, not much fun.

Originally posted by Scottyp View Post
                pretty much perfect riding weather now, up here in the great white north, Minnesota. 75-85 degree days. Just rode through South Dakota last week and it was 103 and humid with a 40-50 side wind, not much fun.
                WOW! Nothing to like about 103, humid and 40-50 mph side winds! Stops blowing and it's miserable. Riding along in the wind and it's miserable. Having said that, not riding is worse.

I was pretty much ringing the sweat out of my helmet liner when we stopped, but yes, at least I was riding

I am riding twice a week and usually get in 100 to 200 miles before I decide to head for home. Living in the desert you have to leave early and try to get back before it is over 100 degrees. I am riding tomorrow and the high is supposed to be 109. High 80s at the start and it get's worse from there.
                    2001 Goldwing-2013 Ninja 300-1996 Pacific Coast-1994 Magna 750
                    Life GWRRA & Life AMA member
                    Semper Fi

• kwthom
                      kwthom commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Monsoon rains got kicked off good this weekend...so, miserable, humid and 81 at daybreak.

107° outside this afternoon...what was the temperature inside my garage?

101°

So, I'll be up before daybreak - and around 83° - to finish my small bike project. Middle of the month - miles ridden in July, 2019?

Zero.

110* outside today... garage 80.... yes I DO HAVE A/C in my garage.....

it’s a Nevada thing....

mattbcnv
                      2018 Pearl Stallion Brown DCT

• biglefti
                        biglefti commented
                        Editing a comment
                        We hit 114 today. I worked on my bike about an hour today getting everything completed before I head out Thursday. I'll probably be out there in the morning about 3:00 am when it gets down to 99 or so.

But its a dry heat.

You'll need a sweater by the coast. 64 right now 5:00,with a high as 76 at 2:00
                      ************************************************** *******

• biglefti
                        biglefti commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I like it when the high on the coast is 59 degrees and the road is twisty. I can wear my Klim without getting too hot! and at that temp, you don't need heated gear. Perfect.

• Rocky
                        Rocky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yup. I hit the hills early. Cooler and the working stiff's are not in the way of a nice brisk ride.

• kwthom
                        kwthom commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yup...83° as I got most of it done; buttoned it up for now. Now awaiting an electrical component to arrive via eBay.

Dry heat? Oh, no - it's July. Dewpoints in the 50's; just waiting for our next round of t-storms to pop up. Had some over the weekend - Sun night bad enough to kill power for about 1.5 hours.

79 degrees with 91% humidity at 6:15am today. Heat index forecast to reach 110 early this afternoon. Tank shirts, shorts and flip flop shoes were invented to ride on days when the heat index is in the 100's. I've a closet full of that stuff. No big deal here in SWMO.

Where did I put my Kewl Vest???

Click image for larger version

Name:	Weather.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	116805
                        ************************************************** *******

• clayusmcret
                          clayusmcret commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I dunno, Rocky. Looks pretty intense. Be sure to hydrate.

• trewm
                          trewm commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I really need to move. Just not to California, even though those temps look great

• Rocky
                          Rocky commented
                          Editing a comment
                          trewm. I couldn't do a damn thing about the idiots who run the state,no matter where I lived.

My moto is simple "I worry about the things I can control"
                          The things I can't control, is someone's else's problem.

Matt , I found a new way to stay cool. I pull the spine protector out of my Joe Rocket Mesh and replace it with a bag of ice. Don't have a wreck with the ice in there.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page