Can you void your warranty by doing your own maintenance?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you void your warranty by doing your own maintenance?

https://youtu.be/eGdGyljL_po

Click image for larger version

Name:	Moto Vlog #48.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	325.5 KB
ID:	113644
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Sure you can. If you do it improperly or use the wrong fluids or parts. If it's done properly using the correct parts and fluids then the answer is no.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Cruise. Partszilla is just like many other vendors. "Drop ship"

1. Your complaint on packaging falls on Honda. (was you box damaged in any way?)

Honda doesn't "Carefully" package any on the painted parts I have ever bought for myself or my customers.

Try your local dealer "Where you can inspect the part on the spot"

2. I have never had any issue returning a part to partszilla.

I take a picture of the return shipping labels Tracking number.
      This way I know exactly when it was received and by whom excepted it.

I keep a "Parts Bought" folder with sub folders for everything I purchase online.

The Internet taught me to cover my own azz. (So I do as a precaution)

That said.

I knew this was going to happen to certain painted parts.

Honda made the parts fragile. (you already had to repair tabs)

The new parts break way to easily,compared to the previous model.

As for the Warranty question.

It's on Honda to prove that the consumer damaged anything the consumer is making a warranty claim for.

Maintaining your own bike does not void any manufactures warranty.

In short. If you broke it -YOU own it!

If a part was broken while changing the air filter per say?.
      Honda isn't responsible for replacing what whoever broke (You follow me?)
      You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

• Cruiseman
        Cruiseman commented
        Editing a comment
        I was wondering if these were drop shipped from Honda directly. Good to know.

• Rocky
        Rocky commented
        Editing a comment
        Unless you order directly from a dealer. (picking up the order at the dealer)
        Anything OEM is drop shipped,to save the consumer.
        1.Time in getting the item sooner.
        2.Having the vendor money in time/reshipping/forwarding the item.

If you look at the taping on any package,You'll note it wasn't opened for inspection-and resealed.
        before it was shipped to you.

UPDATE: I did get my refund notification from PayPal yesterday that Partzilla processed the refund. No complaints as to their policy or handling of returns, just a clunky process. I sat on hold for 20 minutes one day and never did get through to anyone.

The first package had some damage on the end, and I took a photo of it before I opened it. But, the package damage was not in the area of the broken tab. The second package looked pristine when it arrived, but the tab was still broken. If ANYTHING was stacked on top of the box, especially something heavy, it would easily compress the cardboard and break the tab. All Honda had to do is tape some foam or more cardboard around the tabs to protect them from crushing.
      GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
      Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
        UPDATE: I did get my refund notification from PayPal yesterday that Partzilla processed the refund. No complaints as to their policy or handling of returns, just a clunky process. I sat on hold for 20 minutes one day and never did get through to anyone.

The first package had some damage on the end, and I took a photo of it before I opened it. But, the package damage was not in the area of the broken tab. The second package looked pristine when it arrived, but the tab was still broken. If ANYTHING was stacked on top of the box, especially something heavy, it would easily compress the cardboard and break the tab. All Honda had to do is tape some foam or more cardboard around the tabs to protect them from crushing.
        Glad you got the refund.

I sat on hold for 20 minutes one day and never did get through to anyone.
        Good grief

I haven't ever been on the phone for more than 5-6 minutes total time to get the issue resolved. (And we all know I'm not that lucky)

I totally agree with you on the what will eventually be "A little more effort to safeguard a raised tab that could be damaged during shipping"

Especially since you personally just returned two trunk lids for a broken tab during shipping. without the box being crushed to warrant a broken tab.
        At least one would hope-Honda pays attention and changes their shipping dept policies?
        You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page