X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook User - Yes or No

Simple question, gents...

Are you an active* user of Facebook?

* For definition purposes, active means you have logged into the system (Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus) once in the last 30 days.
    Yes
    42.86%
    No
    57.14%

Not only NO but Hell No.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix
    Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

• Denman46
      Denman46 commented
      Editing a comment
      I second that emotion.

Click image for larger version  Name:	7c56ac4ae590dd56095077e8c6de0642.gif Views:	2 Size:	178.6 KB ID:	113406

Never had any use for FB.

Skype lets me see my family instantly to know what is going on in there lives.
    You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
    "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".

Originally posted by RoadRat View Post
      Not only NO but Hell No.
      LOL!!!
      Same here. Hell no!!
      George, High in the hills of Jersey!

Yes, but only have three friends; son, son, DIL. And only for pictures of the grandkids.
        2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
        USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
        US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
        2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
        2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

• Clamper
          Clamper commented
          Editing a comment
          Three friends and you can't email? Do they know you can send pictures by email? I see my cousins once a year and me and my brothers refused to join their private Fakebook page or group so my brothers and I don't get the updates of our extended family, and we didn't get the message of who was holding Christmas dinner this past Christmas.
          Oh well.

• clayusmcret
          clayusmcret commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed, but Grandma wants her pictures.

Not only NO but Hell No.
        Ditto

No. Your data profile, posts, searches n conracts n friends are manipulated and sold..welcome to the digital meatloaf
          2007 GL1800 level1
          2015 Hannigan Trike n 2009 Tailwind

Not only NO but Hell No.

Me too!
            TMRA - life member
            GWRRA - life member
            AMA - life member
            IBA # 1626
            N. Texas PGR

After a bit over 24 hours, the split is interesting...

Honestly, I would have expected it to maybe be a bit closer here.

I will visit FB sites for information, but I refuse to participate in them.

• kwthom
                  kwthom commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Some FB pages might allow a minimal amount of reading, but others won't unless you're logged in.

Originally posted by kwthom View Post
                After a bit over 24 hours, the split is interesting...

Honestly, I would have expected it to maybe be a bit closer here.
                I cant say I'm surprised. I know a lot of people who actively use forums but wont go near Facebook. As long as you're careful and limit the personal information you list in your profile, there really is no reason to stay away from it. You personal info can be hacked in many ways. I can find pretty much anyone's address and phone in less than 5 minutes if I know their name and town they live in. Don't need to search FB for that.

• kwthom
                  kwthom commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm gonna let this comment simmer for a bit before a reply.

• clayusmcret
                  clayusmcret commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My profile is almost empty and the name is, let's just say not entirely correct. They can have my three contacts to get to the grandkid's pictures. Can't get'em otherwise. Annoying story.

So, there's this concern I have with that organization...in fact, an article from TODAY on this very topic:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/facebo...or-floodgates/

...and that is, they don't seem to give a sh!# about security because it's inconvenient for them and those entities they share that information with.

Now, don't get me wrong, Apple, Google - hell, a whole lot of other companies have a similar cache of data - but do you ever hear as much about leaks from them as you do with FB? Seriously.

Look, I give my data to Google; I had no choice (and neither do you!) as an Android user for the last decade. It's Google that seems (to me) to be pushing better, beefier security from all sides, and it's making me take a good hard look at my own security. It's decent, but it can always be better.

I just have never seen that from FB - and the scandals they have been in over the years just proves my point. They really don't have anything I can't find else where...even if it's by contacting my aunt (who is the avid family user of FB...) personally in order to share it with my parents who are also not FB users.

I do use social media - forums are another variant, but a small, manageable entity. I tell Chris (or any other forum owner...) as little information as needed to get an account. As long as I follow the rules, I'm good.

Finally, why the poll topic? Easy - I've not seen one here before, and I was curious to know by a percentage of active users how many are FB members as well. Since only about 10% to 20% of registered members of a forum are active users, it may or may not be an accurate interpolation to see the quantity of FB members on the forum. Additionally, there is some cross-pollination between this forum and FB (it's Chris' forum, and his rules...I respect that) as opposed to some other forums - I may have thought the ratio would be different.

Someone sent this to me. And people wonder why they get jacked!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...regulator.html
                  You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
                  "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".

It's continuing...but was readily identified several years ago by this author:

https://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.co...e-boards-past/

A co-worker would tell me how they did not allow their son to use the internet at home to protect him from the evil on the internet.. Only at school where it was controlled.... this was 12 yrs ago , maybe more. After I stopped laughing. I told him that if he thought his son was not on the internet at friends houses or by passing the school safety guards he was a fool. It was not long after that conversation my co-worker learned I was correct. the kid had accounts on My Space and others that were popular at the time
                      2013 Red Airbag 1800

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page